Baseball 2011 Season

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Destiny, Mar 5, 2010.

1. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

Re: Baseball 2010 Season

Okay it's been a while since I've talked about baseball here -- and I'm not sure if anyone will remember but I'm a die hard Yankees fan. And I'm ecstatic that we beat the Twins 6-4 in game 1 of the ALDS.

I'd also like to say that Halladay was awesome in Game 1 of NLDS -- my grandpa is a Blue Jays fan and he hated when Halladay left the Jays but he was cheering him on in the NLDS and so was I -- even though I picked the Reds to win the series but it's only been one game so we'll see.

I'm just so happy that my Yankees were able to come back and win game 1 :p GO YANKS GO!!! Only 2 more to advance to the ALCS. After all we have to defend our World Series title!

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

After last night's loss I'm afraid my Twins are going to get swept yet again by the Yankees. :( I'm keeping my fingers crossed we can win tonight and possibly make it a good series, though.

ETA: Aaand we lost both home games. Get out the brooms, Yankee fans. :(

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  3. PerfectAnomaly

Texas just beat the Yankees again! Whoo Hoo! C'Mon Rangers. Someone needs to take them down a notch!

4. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

The Rangers advance to the World Series taking the ALCS 4-2. It's kinda funny that A-Rod finally got the Rangers to the World Series XD

5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

and yes The Baseball Gods are on the little guys side this time :) Congrats Texas :) Will it be San Francisco or Philadelphia they face. San Francisco is up 3-2. It seems Philadelphia can only win games that Halladay pitches :eek: Since Doc just pitched I don't think we will see him in game 6.

6. PerfectAnomaly

So it'll be a Rangers vs. Giants World Series. Since I'm an American League girl I'll be rooting for Texas, although I really won't be disappointed if San Fran wins.

7. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Hey, I'm just glad that the Yankees and Red Sox aren't involved in any manner.

I like NL ball a little better, but there's something about Nolan Ryan and the Rangers; especially with not having even been out of the first round of the playoffs before. Either way it will be a historic series.

8. PerfectAnomaly

I'm torn. I really would like to see the Rangers win simply because it's their first trip to the Series. But how can I root against a guy named Buster Posey?? :p

9. Jacquie

I would like to see the Rangers win as they are an American League team :) and I've got to support my League. The teams certainly look balanced so it's probably going to be anyone's game.If I could stand listen to Joe Buck and Tim McGarver I may actually watch the game but since I can't stand them I'll just follow the game in the newspapers.

10. PerfectAnomaly

Being an American League girl myself I'm still leaning toward wanting the Rangers to win even though I've decided I like Buster Posey. I've learned to tune out Tim McGarver. Joe Buck doesn't bother me. Although I have DishNetwork and they are in a dispute with Fox. We've already lost FSN, FX and National Geographic and if they don't come to an agreement by the end of the month we'll lose Fox and our local Fox affiliate as well and I won't get to see some of the games.

ETA: Both John Legend singing the National Anthem and Tony Bennett singing "God Bless America" were amazing tonight.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  11. Jacquie

The first game went to the Giants. It was a real tight pitching duel :rolleyes: The Giants beat the Rangers 11-7 :eek:

Some info on the Giants. They have not won a World Series since 1954 when they were still in New York. They moved to San Francisco after the 1957 season.

The Rangers were originally the second Washington Senators and they moved to Texas in 1971. This is the first World Series appearance for the Rangers. I don't believe the Senators ever made it to the World Series.

So whoever wins this year will be a first for the present location of either team :)

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

game 2 wasn't so tight...

i'm leaning towards rangers too but not for any particular reason!

i watched a little of game 2 on espn america (it guess it's the cut down version that we brits can get free) this morning, it was quite painful to watch the rangers guys all looking totally miserable at being beaten so decisively and from what the guys were saying (i really did switch on quite late!) it was partly down to a mistake their management made. i should've stuck around to find out what it was!

13. PerfectAnomaly

Congratulations to the San Francisco Giants on their World Series win.

14. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

I'm so sad that we lost, but the Giants deserved it. Congratulations.

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ that basically :)