Baseball 2011 Season

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Destiny, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Welcome BB fans to a brand new season of games for your team/s, I asked for a new thread because I believe that new threads and new seasons belong together.

Spring Training has started with some teams, some will start very soon, so lets play ball, good luck and time to have some fun.

LETS GO [INSERT TEAM NAME]!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Re: Baseball 2010 Season

You just know summer is around the corner when you see Spring Training results in the Sports Sections :)

The Blue Jays are 1-1 in Spring Training so far. They lost the first game they played on Wednesday and yesterday they beat the Tigers 7-6. They play the Phillies today. Fortunately for the Jays they don't have to face ex-teammate Roy Halladay when they play the Phillies. Halladay started for the Phillies yesterday against the dreaded Yankees. The Phillies beat the Yankees 3-2 :)

Now the important Toronto Baseball Stuff :D Our first encounter with Cleveland is May 3 when we visit Cleveland for 3 games. We then face them again June 28-July 1st in Cleveland. At Home the Tribe come to visit July 30-Aug. So we visit Cleveland twice but they only visit us once :shifty:

When interleague play happens the Jays will face the Phillies June 25-27. Hopefully we'll get to see Halladay during those games.

And until the Jays and Indians face each other Go Jays and Tribe with a side order of Go Phillies thrown in :)

3. Destiny

The Indians are actually starting their Spring Training games to day their first game is at 3 pm. Newsworthy is that Grady Sizemore has been moved from lead off to the two hole.

Let you know what happens.

I will agree with that. WoooHooo!!!!

EDITED TO ADD: We played the first ST game again the Reds, and we won 9-2. We play them again tomorrow, and on Sunday the Rangers.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  4. Destiny

My edit time ran out, today we played the Cincy Reds again and won 4-2
    Tomorrow (Sunday) RHP Jake Westbrook makes his return after 23 months or so of not pitching because he had Tommy John Surgery. Were playing the Texas Rangers.

LETS GO TRIBE & JAYS!!!!!!!!!

Okay I found this YouTube link, called You are already at the damn ball game! - its from The Late show with Craig Ferguson. It is really funny. :lol: Hope you enjoy it.

5. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

ALL I AM GOING TO SAY IS GO WHITE SOX it is all about the SOUTHSIDE OF CHICAGO

6. Jacquie

Now that was funny :lol:

Sometimes I wish spring training results could carry over to the regular season. The Jays did in the Yankees 9-1 yesterday :) Shaun Marcum made his first start since 2008 when he underwent Tommy John surgery. Marcum went 2 innings, walked one and struck out 2. A very good start to coming back.

The Jays will hopefully have a lot of arms back this year that went missing over the last couple of years due to surgeries of one sort or another.

Spring Training results so far Jays are 3-1, Cleveland 2-0, White Sox 2-1

Go Jays and Tribe

7. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

:lol: Too funny!

I am SO glad they don't. :rolleyes: The only way my team usually wins is if I'm not watching. It's a family curse..or so my grandfather once told me. :lol:

[​IMG]

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

News from Twins Territory:

Joe Nathan is getting an MRI on his surgically repaired elbow today after leaving yesterday's game with "tightness" in it. I hope everything comes out OK.

Liriano pitched really well yesterday and the Twins have signed Nick Blackburn to a four-year deal! Whoo Hoo!

Now they just gotta get a Mauer deal in place.

Sign Joe already, damnit.

9. Destiny

Okay we don't know how they are doing it, or how long it will last but the Tribe is 4 wins and no losses (yep I probably jinxed it) :lol:

LETS GO TRIBE, JAYS, & OTHER TEAMS (except well you know lol)

10. Destiny

Well we fineally lost a game were now 5W-1L-2T that first loss takes the pressure off seriously. Last year at this time we were 9L-5W-1T

Course the one of the two in that tie was because Acta felt it wasn't right to keep going since the angels ran out of pitchers in a tied game. :lol: they had a split squad going on.

LETS GO TRIBE, JAYS, & OTHER TEAMS (except well you know lol)

11. Destiny

Spring Training As of 8:43 AM EDT The Standings Does not include Tie games.

American League:

Team ... W .. L .. PCT .. GB

Tampa Bay 11 4 .733 -

Cleveland 8 4 .667 1.5

Toronto 8 5 .615 2.0

Detroit 9 7 .563 2.5

Boston 8 7 .533 3.0

Oakland 7 7 .500 3.5

Kansas City 6 6 .500 3.5

NY Yankees 7 8 .467 4.0

Chi White Sox 6 7 .462 4.0

Minnesota 6 8 .429 4.5

Texas 6 8 .429 4.5

Seattle 5 9 .357 5.5

Baltimore 5 10 .333 6.0

LA Angels 3 9 .250 6.5

National League:

Team ... W .. L .. PCT .. GB

Atlanta 11 5 .688 -

Philadelphia 8 4 .667 1.0

San Francisco 11 6 .647 0.5

NY Mets 10 6 .625 1.0

Chi Cubs 9 6 .600 1.5

Milwaukee 10 7 .588 1.5

Arizona 9 7 .563 2.0

Colorado 10 8 .556 2.0

Florida 8 8 .500 3.0

Houston 7 7 .500 3.0

Cincinnati 6 7 .462 3.5

LA Dodgers 5 6 .455 3.5

St. Louis 5 8 .385 4.5

San Diego 5 9 .357 5.0

Pittsburgh 4 10 .286 6.0

Washington 2 12 .143 8.0

12. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

After being a fan for as long as I can remember, I am finally going to be able to catch a live Jays game, in June, when my cousin and I descend upon Toronto for a week. And it looks as though it'll be a game against the Yankees. Could've chosen a game against Tampa seeing they are gonna be in town earlier in the week, but I think the Yanks will be more exciting. Should be a good one and I am stoked for it. But I think my cousin is more looking forward to eating stadium hot dogs, then watching the game. :lol:

It'll be interesting to see the line ups and starting pitchers for the game. Would love to see Dustin McGowan pitch for the Jays, but he might not be back in time. Thought I heard he'd still be out for the first part of the season. If that is the case, Ricky Romano is always a nice choice. Especially if he's on his game. Would have loved to have seen Haliday, but a season to late for that one.

13. Jacquie

don't even want to think about this one :lol:

It's a shame you won't be here when the Phillies are in town. It would be mean of the Phillies to not let Halladay pitch. Even though Halladay is gone I'll still follow his career. He's too much of a damn good pitcher not to follow his career. He's a lot like Chris Carpenter. Even though he's been gone from the Jays for years now I still like to follow his career with the Cards.

The Jays are going to shut down McCowan for a week to see if that will help with his 'dead arm'. Hopefully this is only a 'minor' set back on his recovery.

The Jays still have a lot of unanswered questions with regards to their pitching staff. Heck they still have unanswered questions with their position players as well. The players seem to have an upbeat position this year. Different from what they've had in previous springs.

The Jays did beat Atlanta in extra innings yesterday 7-6. Cleveland did in an Oakland split squad 12-4.

Go Jays and Tribe :)

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The Twins and Joe Mauer agreed to a 8 year $184,000,000 contract that includes a full no trade clause. They're having a press conference tomorrow at 6 PM CST to announce it. :thumbsup:

15. Jacquie

Some unanswered questions are finally being answered for the Jays. Season opening pitcher will be Shaun Marcum. Closer will be Jason Frasor. Dustin McCowan is being shelved for the next two weeks to see if he can get over his 'dead arm'.

The Jays are 9-11 overall this spring. They finish up in Florida this week and head to Houston for 2 games with the Astros before having their season opener with Texas on the 5th.

Cleveland is atop of the standings in Spring Training with a 14-6 record.

Go Jays and Indians :)