Alex Carter/Det. Vartann #2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by ladyhunter, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Anyone catch Alex on Flashpoint last Friday? He was SOOO Good! What a range of emotion we saw just in that one episode. You almost felt sorry for his character.... almost.

Also anyone have caps of that episode? Just for my own personal collection so I can drool over him in that blue shirt. ;) :drool:

2. ladyhunter

Bumping up this thread because..

Now that it's 'official' that Vartann and Catherine are seeing each other, and more. :)

I thought I'd like to see a Vartann episode without Catherine.
    Something similar to season 9's Let it Bleed or Art Imitates Life

Anyone else think so?

3. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Absolutely. Don't let him become just "Catherine's boyfriend." He was a great character before they hooked up too.

4. ladyhunter

I very much agree. He was a great character (and still is if they don't turn him into Danny Messer) before they got together.

Not like I don't love them as a couple but I think it would be good this season to see him without her.

5. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Completely agree, it'd be great to see him chasing down a suspect, or to bring back some of the sarcastic edge.

I remember someone commenting on an audio commentary once that they liked the way alex played vartann as though he suspected everyone of being a scumbag (i think it was the episode where he dropped the truck driver's food on the floor).

Also george mentioned in turn, turn, turn that he requested alex on the episode cos he was one of his favourite detectives so some more vartann/nick working together would be cool, failing that him and greg have a good rapport.

6. ladyhunter

Now I want to get Season 9. Thanks for that bit of info Sinclair :thumbsup:

Also like you said, bringing back his sarcastic edge. And I think it was either Billy or one of the producers that mentioned how Vartann has the 'smirk on his face like he doesn't believe a word you said.'

Yeah, that would be nice to see. That's one of the characteristics that really drew me to him, his edgy-ness, wit and sarcasm.

I too would like to see him work with Nicky again. Throw in a bit of jealousy on Nicky part and that would be a great episode. :)

7. ladywillows

ladywillows Dead on Arrival

does everyone know what will be the next episode with vartann??!!

8. ladyhunter

Nothing new yet. But that doesn't mean he won't be in any more episodes.

I hope that they do have in in an episode without Cath or even a few after Marg leaves the show.

Again, not like I don't LOVE them together, I think it's good (especially since he is a recurring character) to have him without her.

9. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

I'm not optimistic that vartann will appear again before the xmas break, especially as he only averages about 4/5 episodes a season.

As much as i love paul/brass it's be interesting to see how big a role vartann will have, if any, next season......especially if paul was to leave csi or reduce his screentime further.

Luckily they're re-showing Due South in the uk and alex is due (no pun intended) to be in this monday's episode.

10. electra

electra Pathologist

Hope we can see more of Vartan.That is the trick with ships,most of the times the writers neglect individual character development and just present the shipper moments.I am watching old DVDs and he was an interesting character by himself.

11. fiore100

fiore100 Civilian

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  12. treid

treid Civilian

Great pic! He is very yummy!

13. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

This is the first tv show i saw alex in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7jXMiPmtiY

It's only on watching it again recently that i realised that liz vassey was the female in this episode, so that's marg and liz he's made out with from the csi ladies :lol:.

14. ladyhunter

I totally forgot Liz was in that series. I've only seen bits and pieces of it but it looks good.

It makes you wonder then how they reacted (her and Alex) working together on CSI. Especially in the episode Kill Me if you Can. When Vartann asked Wendy if the suspect was hitting on her.

I'll have to dig out some of my pictures to post here.
    Because he's too good looking not to drool over. ;)

15. ladyhunter

Happy Birthday Alex. Hope you are having a great day. :beer: