"House Of Hoarders" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

That was great, but Jorja let George tell how it was his idea.

Women :rolleyes: :lol:

I hope they do a commentary for it, should be funny.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I'm not sure if this is going to turn out to be a "real" hoarder's house or, like they say in the video, maybe someone who did it just to hide a crime, but if it's a real hoarder I hope they don't dismiss it, because it is a real sickness for some people.

Gotta agree tho about the look on Nick's face when the lady yelled at him not to touch something. :lol: Hilarious!

3. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Interesting episode.. lots of good funny moments, but I didn't like the tension between Nick and Sara. :( Wasn't expecting the killer to be who it was.

I also spent the whole episode trying to figure out where I'd seen the son before - finally looked it up on imdb, and apparently he was the brother in season 5's "Harvest" too.

No Catherine, but seems like they're better at balancing screen time with only four CSIs anyway.

"sometimes it's best to take a deep breath and... walk away." :guffaw:

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Me too, except it reminded me of the tension in "Feeling the Heat" when she was upset with him over him believing the boy couldn't be the killer. Turn about is fair play. ;)

I thought he was familiar too, and realized it when he said "Allisa" which sounded almost exactly like when he said "Allisia" in Harvest. :lol:

Worked for me! :)

That was great! Also loved when the shotgun went off, how Nick laughed at Sara's face. :lol: I'm glad they had the little talk there at the end. :)

And is it just me, but do they talk about Grissom like he's really gone, not like he's there with Sara?

5. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I thought this would have been a good episode to have had earlier in the season. Ray didn't have much time out of the lab, which would have fit in with his being recuperating and being on 'desk duty'.

6. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I found this episode to be very interesting. It was a character study, and not one necessarily looking at Mrs. Santiago and the hoarder phenomenon . I found the reactions and interactions between the CSIs to be the most profound.

Both Nick's and Sara's responses were very in-character. Nick has shown before that he is distrustful of people that he doesn't understand. To him, everything fits neatly into categories. Anything that doesn't fall into one of his pre-set categories is going to be looked upon with suspicion - thus blinding him to the whole picture.

Likewise with Sara. She automatically sides with the woman who suffers from a mental disorder. Once again, she is blinded by her own biases.

None of this is wrong or even flaws. They're human. And that's what I loved about this episode. Both Nick and Sara were three-dimensional characters.

The neutral positions taken by Ray and Greg were also very telling. Ray appears to prefer to mediate a conflict. Greg would apparently like to not get involved. When confronted, he resorts to humor. Again, very in-character. I also liked how when Greg did decide to broach the topic of the dispute, he did it with Sara. I love the chemistry between those two.

Sorry if I'm being to analytical, but this is what I took away from the episode. I don't know much about hoarders or the mentality behind it, so I can't really say much. I did find the crime fascinating though. And the sociopathic daughter actually took me by surprise.

No Catherine or Hodges. I was okay with that. I enjoyed the focus the four got in this ep.

So far, I think this is my favorite episode shown.

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

First off - after this episode I will never watch the show Hoarding!

I just think that the tension was there because Nick seemed to have a hard time with the aspect of Hoarding.

The 'duck' reflex for all 3 (Nick, Greg, & Sara) seems to be pretty good. They all hit the floor pretty quick when the shotgun went off. :lol:

They seem to be talking about Grissom more often this season than they did last season.

AT first when I heard the sister's name of Alisa I was thinking of this one being related somehow to Harvest but then I remembered that Alicia was killed in Harvest.

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Time went by pretty quick, that's always better than having the time drag along.

Susan

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

The tension made it feel more real for me because tension and differences of opinions do happen in the workplace.

At first I though the girl looked a little like Allisia too from Harvest but I knew it was not.

Best moment of the night was Sara walking away from Ray! :lol:

Seriously. They talk like he's passed away. Is she not married to the man??

Overall this was a pretty good episode, although I will have to watch it again as I was not very focused on it tonight, not a great day. I'll have to rewatch it this weekend.

It did have nice screen time for everyone, except Cath, who was not in. No Hodges :( And still wonder if we will see Mandy sometime this year.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I thought this was the best episode of CSI so far and I really didn't miss Marg..no offense.

It was interesting how the characters dealt with the subject. Nick was very judgemental and subscribed to stereotypes. He was very ignorant and I actually cheered when Sara called him an 'ass' because he was being ass. This is a guy although having dealt with his own tragedies, has had the privilege of growing up in a wealthy, traditional family-free from violence, free from abuse. He thinks everything and everyone should be like him without any regard to the fact that not everyone has been as lucky as he has.

Sara, on the other hand has had to deal with a Schizophrenic mother and that colours her perspective. She knows about mental illness and applies this knowledge to her dealing with the mother and the crime scene itself. She was very empathetic and nonjudgmental and in the end she was right.

Nick showed he has a total disdain for anyone not like him. Sorry Nick, not everyone had your 'bubble' of a childhood.

Ray mediated and tried to give Nick some perspective on the matter and it appears to have sunken into that thick, southern skull of his.

I was saved from totally hating Nick Stokes by the mere fact that George came up with the idea of the show. So, I'm assuming it was his idea to show Nick's total ignorance on the matter.

I"m still a Nick fan,but disappointed in him.

10. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I didn't want to be the one who said it first. :lol:

I thought Ray tried overly hard to mediate between the two. When he said to Sara, "What Nick meant was...." it made me cringe. Nick and Sara have worked together for so long, I'm sure that each knew what the other was saying, even if they didn't fully 'understand' the other's viewpoint.

11. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

I really liked this episode too though I watch Hoarders often :lol:

I liked the focus being on Nick, Greg, Sarah, and Ray. Looks like Hodges and Catherine will get more screen time next week.

The end talk between Sarah and Nick was pretty funny. It seemed like they were both exes of the same person who gave them both the same piece of jewelry...er marble :lol:

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I think you've forgotten that Nick was molested when he was nine-years-old and no matter what Sara said, she did let what happened to her family affect her. She just didn't go out and kill people.

I don't think Nick was being ignorant, he probably thought it was all an act by the mother to cover up murders. He's thinking like a cop.

Sara was being an ass too,she wasn't an angel. The fought then they made up. Just like they always do. Not the first time they've disagreed.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Good episode overall, I'll give it a A- :thumbsup:

No Catherine but it worked out just fine without her, I wished they had mentioned where she was, and if they continue to write ones like this after she leaves, I'll be one happy fan :D

No Hodges either :( deleted scene perhaps?

Greg looked really :drool: and he a had a nice amount of screentime, screentime was fairly even between the 4 CSI's :)

This one made me think of Harvest b/c of the same actor and the similiar name of the vic in the both episodes

Sara talking about her mother killing her father for the 2nd time and we learn her mom was schiophrinic (you know what I mean, I can't spell) I've always assumed she killed him cause of abuse and she couldn't take it anymore, I liked her scenes with Julian, the mother, and the understanding she had for them, I hope she's in many more this season :)

Is there a lot more character stuff this season or is it just me?

Nick and Sara butting heads, that's fine with me as long as it doesn't continue and continue for several episodes, charcters fighting once in a while keeps things interesting

The hoarding was certainly interesting and different, like Nick said I can't see how people can live like this but it is a mental illness

Mentioning Griss :) and the blue marble :lol: that sounds like something he would do

I'll add more tomorrow :)

14. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Favorite episode so far! Loved the old team back together. Yeah there was no Cath or Hodges but they did great balancing out the screen time.

Was not expecting the Sara/Nick tension but I liked it! Sara calling Nick an a** hole in front of Ray was hysterical. Especially when he was in the middle of talking and she just walked away :D Best moment! Being that they didn't need a mediator...

Using Sara's past as the reason this case got to her was great. As my dad called it "her pissy fit" I was wondering what was up with that. Her opening up to a complete stranger took guts and I'm proud :)

Last scene perfect. They didn't flat out say "I'm sorry" but the marble convo mended it. They have mentioned Grissom lately...it's time we get some splaining :)

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh I agree, but Nick was being an ass about it. He just doesn't understand mental illness.

Now I will say Sara's confession about her mother also added to the stereotyping of Schizophrenics because it is rare for them to kill people, they are usually more of a threat to themselves.