The Mentalist

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Missing, Oct 3, 2008.

1. electra

electra Pathologist

^ You mean,Rigsby and Val Pelt.,right? It happened last season but I can not remember the name of the episode.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I couldn't remember their names for some reason, even though I just watched the show last night. :lol:

3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Because the new boss, Hightower, found out about them and was going to have to force one of them to leave if they were going to stay together. Rigsby was going to leave himself and go work somewhere else, because he knew Grace would be the one sent somewhere else since she was newer than him. (I forget where he was gonna go.) Grace ended up telling him not to and I think SHE ended the relationship. Rigsby really wanted to stay together and was willing to find another job buuuut didn't happen that way.

4. GregNickRyanFan

Thank you. :) I really don't care for the new boss to be honest. :lol:

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

In episode 2x17 "The Red Box"
    Madeleine admits that she knows about Rigsby and Grace's relationship and is going to have to have words with them both. Jane is suitably impressed with their new boss.

But then in episode 2x18 "Aingavite Baa"
    Hightower addresses the issue of the romantic relationship between Rigsby and Van Pelt.

Van Pelt: I love you. I do. But I think I love the job more.
    Rigsby: Well, job's not a problem. I'm gonna go.
    Van Pelt: You'd be leaving the unit...for us.
    Rigsby: So?
    Van Pelt: I don't want that responsibility. You'll hate me for it. Maybe not today, but someday you will.

Hope that helps.

6. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks, Destiny. I don't understand why they can't be together if it doesn't affect their job and they can be professional about it.

7. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I wondered the same thing. Is that a typical policy in law enforcement? I know work relationships are often frowned upon, but I don't see as enough deal to put in writing. I say do what the heart wants.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Exactly! You can't really help who you fall in love with. And if its not causing problems on the job, then I don't know why its a problem for the bosses. Why not let them try it and if starts causing problems, then say they either have to break up or one has to go work somewhere else.

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

The reason is actually simple. Should one or the other get shot, can they being in love, married, or whatever guarentee complete objectiveness. It's hard enough when your not and their just your partner. Not to mention if they are partnered and they are having a fight, will that throw off their judgement leading to someone getting killed.

I know around here, if you are married you can not work together. There are instances where you can work in the same office but never be partnered, and lets face it on this show there is little that could be done about that with the amount of the cast. But in reality or my area they would preferre that married, dating couples not work together.

10. electra

electra Pathologist

I just think they decided to break Rigsby and Van Pelt becouse eventually they want to go with the Jane and Lisbon Route.I am not exactly against it, but later down the road.

11. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hi all,

I just have to say that I'm a huge Simon Baker fan(he is in my top 5 :)), I find him to be incredible charismatic. Also a genuine nice guy. He is the main reason I watch 'The Mentalist', but I only watched season 1 so far(so all I read here is apparently a spoiler for me, I'm ok with that ;))
    Not a fan of Robin T. She seems a bit miscast to me. I surely don't want her and Jane to have an affair. I mean she is a pretty girl but not the best actress IMO.
    I liked first few episodes the most - some later episodes were a bit too predictable. I'm so glad they didn't pull that Desperate Housewives thing and didn't explain REd John mystery at the end os season 1.

12. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Not to sure where the Americans are, but in the UK we just started the third season and I'm loving it so far! I've liked Simon Baker since I saw him in some generic zombie flick and I'm glad he managed to get the lead in something, and the show has turned me into a huge Tim Kang fan; Cho's definitely my favourite characters :D

I'm not too sure about the whole Patrick/Lisbon flirting or whatever it is (could probably just be that I'm not a shipper in general), but I think Red John is one of the creepiest villians ever (possibly even more so than Nate Haskell on Vegas :lol:) I'm looking forward to future episodes.

13. electra

electra Pathologist

^ Cho is one of my favorites too.I want to have an episode dedicated to him soon.

RJ is an amazing villain.I wonder who he/she is.

14. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

This Thursday night will be season 3, episode 6: Pink Chanel Suit.

15. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Lisbon and Jane do flirt, to me it's pretty obvious. :lol: Jane just has a really flirty personality, that's just him, (he flirts with Grace too and even has with suspects/victims). But it's nothing serious I don't think. I do ship Lisbon/Jane but I personally am really happy with the little bit of flirting we get in the show, I don't want anything serious from them really, ever. I think they probably will go that way in the show someday but hopefully it's a long way off.

Cho is freaking awesome, DracoFiend. He's my second favourite character (yea, I have to go with Jane for my favourite :lol:). Cho is so sarcastic and deadpan, I love it. :D Have you seen the episode Blood In, Blood Out (2x14)? It's a Cho-centered episode and REALLY good. One of my favourites from season 2.