"Blood Moon" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 3, 2010.

1. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Agreed, it was an enjoyable episode. I would liked to have seen it written a little more campy, just my opinion. You always know CSILV is going to have a freaky twist at the very end. I believe the English vampire and the werewolf dude would have been tried on aiding and abetting a felony, they wouldn't need to roll the girl to put these morons in prison. Maybe Jim will do that when he gets back from vacation.

I don't know anything about these creepy people who impersonate vampires. But after "Fur & Loathing," I generally trust that the writers have done some research into the cult. Do these people really get so intense that they would go to the Green Mile over it?

Hodges' character took a 180 from being a whiny twerp to be sage and reflective about life and love. Does that really happen?

Andy Dick was properly cast--a creep to play a creep. :)

And did anyone notice one of the display booth at the convention had a banner reading "Tripp?" Was that a friendly swipe at a certain detective in Miami, Fla? :D

2. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

Good episode. Got to say I suspected the girl from the beginning. And that werewolf was hot :lol:

Nick and Sara were funny while hiking "Grissom? Grissom is that you?" :lol:

Ray and Nick had nice banter and partnership in this episode too. Nothing like bonding over hacking the head off a fake body ;)

Seems like Nick is taking after Greg in his eating habits :lol: It looked like it was a cup of noodles he was eating when talking about the vomit. And I was so happy when they mentioned the other "vampire" episode because I just bought the earlier seasons on DVD and have been marathon watching them and I yelled out "pophyria!" just as they referenced the episode :lol:

Next week looks creeeeepy.

And poor Hodges. I felt so bad for him when he was talking about moving in with Wendy. :( I almost thought Vartann was going to break up with Catherine and you could hear the unspoken "for now" at the end.

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I enjoyed this episode better than most of the post-Grissom epis. It had enough light banter to keep me entertained without going overboard and feeling forced. And there did seem to be equal time for all the main cast. (Except Brass)
    I loooved Sara and Greg's scenes. Greg had some good dialogue in this one. I loved his 'carpooling' comment, and the 'pooch got into the hooch'. :lol: Reminded me of the old Greg.
    I loved the Nick/Sara scene, as others have already commented. It's cute how he likes to tease her about Grissom; and she, of course, was annoyed and had the last dig: 'If you can keep up.' :lol:
    I admit to being surprised that the fiance did it. It seemed kind of far fetched to be so serious about the vampire thing; but I guess I just don't get it myself.
    And why do these 2 cults have a joint convention if they hate each other so much? Maybe I missed something.
    I didn't care for Ray's 'death grip' scene, or the cane stuff; but, whatever. :rolleyes:
    I missed Brass.
    Still, I thought it was a good episode. 8.5/10 from me.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  4. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

IIRC, there was also a CSIM episode "Sunblock" where the killer had porphyria, but was not a vampire. And one of the suspects even took injections of werewolf "essence." :eek:

5. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

Werewolf "essence" :cardie: Haven't seen that one!

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

So far, IMO, this was the worst of the season 11 episodes we've seen. Granted, we're only three episodes in, but the first two were much more interesting and eventful than this one.

Yes, the Cath/Lou bedroom scene was hot, but I much preferred the scene at the end where the two were in her office.

I liked Sara working with both Greg & Nick, but I was annoyed that they have turned her into the latest labrat.

I loved Hodges' relationship advice to Catherine. however, I hope they don't have him moping over Wendy for the rest of this season.

My full (somewhat limited) review can be found here

7. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Good episode, it kept me intrigued throughout.

I enjoyed Ray for the most part in this episode, much more than I have done of late :)

Really liked the Sara/Greg and Sara/Nick scenes, and the scene with Greg talking to Nick and Ray.

Good to see Max Beesley, I hadn't realised he was going to be in it.

Like someone else said, I was really expecting it to be Greg at the end watching the film, that was the only dissapointing part to me. (oh, and Brass not being in it :()

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I thought it was actually pretty gory for CSI. Seemed almost like a Criminal Minds kind of thing. But it was really good! Comes in second for me so far this season after the premiere but before Pool Shark. :) And I thought it was awesome that they made reference to the previous case as well. Haven't seen that in a long time!

9. ladywillows

ladywillows Dead on Arrival

wow!! this episode seems so great!! i watched some scenes and i'm waiting for the episode in Italy!! obviously i watched the Cath/Lou scene... it was so hot, but i was not surprised when i watched the way of that scene thanks to the pics! as someone said i'd like to see this scene in her office! ahahahhah

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Good episode. A bit slow at times but there were some very good parts to make up for it.

-Cath and Vartann: what can I say? Hot. ;). They look happy, they make sense, great chemistry, love them.

-Nick and Sara banter in the end was great. Funny and it felt like old times.

-Doc Robbins and Dave removing the head and "head or tails" was hilarious. :lol:

-It was creepy how the girlfriend accepted the vampire/warewolf world as her reality and couldn't see like the victim did that it was all make believe and that he loved her. Makes you wonder how many people live in make believe as their reality.

Yep I agree.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought that was weird too. I was actually annoyed with it. I was sitting there thinking, "I want to see the C/V action, not the murder". :lol:

Did he say dad? I thought he said paw-paw or some term for grandfather... cause he calls his dad "Cisco".

That was kind of cute. Poor Hodges is still so upset over Wendy leaving.

OMG! I knew something was missing, I just didn't realize it was Brass until now. Maybe it was his day off and he went to visit Ellie.

Yeah, Greg and Sara are always great together so are Nick and Sara (the teasing was cute). I do wish that they'd let Greg work with Ray more often. It feels like they're still strangers to each other after all this time. :lol: As for Greg doing DNA, hopefully its just temporary until they can find a new tech.

I thought the same thing. Greg definitely should have been there because he seems to be a vampire/werewolf buff with all the knowledge he was saying to Sara. :lol:

I don't think the woman in the pophyria episode was pretending to be a vampire. Wasn't that the woman doctor who got her dog to attack people and then she killed them and put them in a shake or something?

Now that you mention it, it really did. CM had a vampire episode too.

Vartann: You know, the speed limit is not a suggestion.
    Cath: You gonna give me a ticket, copper? :lol:

Ray: Where is the bug man when you need him?
    Nick: I'm right here, buddy. That was an interesting looking beetle. Never seen one of those before.

Superdave: Heads or tails? :lol: Loved when Doc said getting the head off the pike was like getting meat off a shish-kabob.

Nick: You wouldn't happen to have any garlic on you would you?
    Ray: No, I'm fresh out. :lol:

Loved their expressions when the vampire people started hissing at them. :lol:

Greg knows all about vampires. Why doesn't that surprise me? :lol:

Ray with the contacts. :lol:

one of the funniest line in the whole episode goes to the random little boy at the convention: "Wow! Cool eyes! Mom, I need your credit card!" :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

Nick: I think you just turned another one to the darkside. :lol:

Ray whacking jello-man with the axe, Nick comes in and blood gets on his shirt. Ray apologizes and Nick says, "That's okay, this shirt was asking for it." :lol:

Greg: The pooch has been hitting the hooch. :guffaw: (ties with the boy's line for funniest line). I love when they give Greg these kinds of lines. :lol:

Nick: Vomit? Is that really what we're going to talk about now? I'm eating, man.
    Greg: Well, you're always eating. :lol:

Loved Nick teasingly calling Sara "Grissom" and "Gil". Very cute scene.

Loved Ray's line at the end: "Lets go hunt some monsters". :thumbsup:

I think this is my favorite episode of the season so far. Great, funny lines. Great banter between everyone. Hot C/V action and their last scene was nice too. I was worried they were gonna break up cause she wouldn't move in with him, but I'm glad they didn't. I think its probably too soon for them to move in together right now. Maybe in a few more months. :) I think Cath is a little gun-shy (so to speak) because of how her marriage to Eddie went so sour... she's afraid of that happening with Lou. Not that he would do the same things Eddie did, but that doesn't help her feel less worried, you know?

Next week looks creepy.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I have to say that this is the first season in a long time where I've actually wanted to watch the episodes again and again...

13. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

After reading your response, Deadite, I began to laugh again at all the funny moments in this episode. Maybe it's all of those emoticons.:lol:

This episode was fairly nice in my opinion. For the first time in a long time I felt like I was watching the team work together instead of doing their own thing and coming together at the end of the episode. Like the good old days of seasons 1-5.
    Langston came off a lot more likable this episode partly because of the good chemistry between him, Sara, and Nick. Hopefully, he can stay this way throughout the season.
    Catherine smiled a lot which is great but I'd be smiling too if I just got to have a personal vampire moment with Lou's body against mine.:lol:
    Did anyone else notice Catherine's shirt though? If seemed like it was suffocating her...maybe it's just the design? Either way, I was glad to see Catherine's arms/shoulders. That was one of the top ten moments of the episode.:lol:

In conclusion, I'd rate this episode a 7 out of 10. Much better than the pool shark thing and the Beiber/Explosion thing.

14. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Last night was better than I thought it would be, I'll give it an 8 out of 10

I'm just sick of all the vampire/werewolf stuff, other people must feel the same way cause I just saw the ratings for last night, the vampire costumes were pretty cool, and of course love was somehow involved in the guy's death, I knew it

The mystery was fairly good, for a little while I couldn't decide who dunnit

Bringing up past cases :thumbsup:, I always love when that happens, I'm glad to see these new writers have been doing their homework :thumbsup:, and mentioning Griss is nice also

There were some funny moments, "Mom I need your credit card", "Got any garlic", and etc. :lol:

The Vartllows sex scene was at the beginning that surprised me, I thought it would be more toward the middle but surprises are nice sometimes like Lou asked her to move in with him, I wasn't expecting that either

Hodges giving Cath relationship advice, what's next I wonder, glad to see Wendy hasn't been forgotten

I knoticed Brass was MIA about half way through, I was hoping to see what he thought of the vampire/werewolf stuff :lol:, I hope they metion next week that it was his week off or something

The screentime has improved from last week but it still needs some work

The ending was ok but I wish Greg and Sara could have been there also :(

Next week looks good, creepy though, I've already informed my little brother he's not watching that one

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Well I'm sure I could give a true in depth review but I think my brain shut down after oh, the first 3 minutes.

I have to say though, I'm impressed with the new crop of writers. Especially the two women who wrote this episode. Not only did they show how two non 20 year olds can be just as passionate about one another, they truly showed Catherine Willows character.

Catherine has changed since becoming Supervisor. She isn't as jumpy and impulsive. That goes for her professional life and as well as her personal life as seen in the final scene.

The episode itself was okay. Not as good as other episodes dealing with Vampires.
    Nick and Ray were great in the hotel room. I do like Ray when he is working with Nick, he's not so 'know it all'. And did I miss something, when did Nick become the bugman?

I also liked the reference to previous episodes. Good shout out to long time viewers. ;)

Again, I could say more. I think I need to watch it again and this time make it past the first 3 minutes.