The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Skittles is beautiful. And as you know you've got to love at torties personality :lol: ;)

Caramel had at work in the store yesterday. It just goes to show you that a cat will find a box to sleep in no matter how big or small :lol:

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ I want one of those some day, I have already name for it: Paella.

I also have two other names: Torspo (hockey equipment brand, we used to have black torspo helmet when I was kid so cat should be black) and then Daniel Jackson... :D and I guess Chipotle is 4th cat :p
    But my 3 are well and living and it's max 3 cats so probably will be a while until I get new cats.

3. Jacquie

One should never go on a road trip to see free kittens.

I was visiting my girlfriend yesterday and she mentioned 5 cute kittens that were up for adoption at the Vet Clinic she works at and that 3 of the kittens where black. Oh you can take it home for 24 hours to see if he will get on with your others and if Hubby will like him. Yeah right it's not like we're going to give him back now :rolleyes:

Meet Bagheera. A ten week old male kitten. We have him locked up for everyone's safety at the moment. We'll take him into the store on our long days just so he'll get some more freedom. Becky and Caramel may not be too happy but I do like to occasionally show that I do run the place :rolleyes: Our biggest challenge will be Tuppence and that's only because of her constipation problems if she gets stressed or freaked out. I'll keep you updated on Bagheera :)

and so Riley and Oliver don't feel left out, up to date pics of them :)

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

He's adorable Jacquie. :)

People do know that us cat owners have no restraint, don't they! :lol:

Susan

5. Jacquie

It's now been a week since Bagheera arrived on the scene. The hissing and growling from the older cats is getting less each day. Tuppence, our Tortie, is still the most vocal of the 3 adults cats at home. We've been letting Bagheera out of his x-pen at night so he can have a good romp around the house. So far the house has survived his romping around :lol:

Bagheera eating out of the 'big' cat's food in the kitchen
    Bagheera having a hard day at the store
    Riley trying out the 'salad' on the back deck
    Becky is very happy that she has a new cardboard bed to sleep in
    Caramel: How high can I get so Bagheera doesn't bother me?

6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Aww, those are some cute kitties, Jacquie! :D The last one (Caramel) is adorable. :eek:

Just captured a picture of Zippy, the old man of the house. He's turning 13 in August. :) He may look a bit chunky but that's just all the fluff he has. :D

I also caught a video of Farrah after I accidentally woke her from her beauty sleep. :p

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Gorgeous Pets Everybody :D

My Birthday Gift :D

[​IMG]

I named him Trickster ... :lol: We're keeping him inside until my Uncle finishes a pin and he's decided to take over all of the air vents :eek:

8. Jacquie

My kitten update.

Unfortunately we've had to give Bagheera back to the vet clinic we adopted him from :( at only 14 weeks of age he was starting to show his dominance and was 'marking' his territory :( we'll try and help the clinic find a home for him. He'll be best as an only cat because of his dominance issue. My hubby and I are still upset about the decision we made but we could not have a cat peeing all over the place.

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

That's sad :(

I've noticed 3 cats are max in our farm. When we had three females, they also started marking, but then one had operation *snipsnip* and it stopped there :p and less kittens.

Thankfully with our male everything went smoothly and in age of 7 months took him to vet (it's a min age when they can have castration)

10. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Oh s**t! One of my terriers has just bitten another dog. There I was, dawdling through the woods, thinking about things other than dogs (!) and I didn't see this woman approaching with a lovely half-grown spaniel. Too late - my terrier bitch took a dislike and went for it. Owner now rushing it off to vets because its leg is bleeding. Offered to pay but she rushed off without my details. Hey ho... Must concentrate more, or buy muzzles. I love my dogs dearly, but they can be horrible with strangers and strange dogs. Now I expect you'll have a go at me for being irresponsible. I'm not really, but I do get careless sometimes, and my bitch is a head case.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

This is what our dog, Lily, is up to today:

[​IMG]

12. PerfectAnomaly

This morning we had to put down our 17 year old cat, Buddy. We were expecting it would be time soon, but as any pet owner knows, you're never totally prepared. Sad day. RIP, Buddy.

[​IMG]

13. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

14. PerfectAnomaly

15. PerfectAnomaly

So as I posted yesterday, we had to put down our cat Buddy. Well, we've never not had cats as far back as I can remember so I'd really like to get another cat right away. The glitch is that I live with my folks and they've said no more cats. I pay rent, but it's their house so what they say goes. I went on our local humane society website today and I think I've found the perfect cat. Of course, the folks said no way, but I think I can wear them down. Here's a link to a video of the cat:

http://youtu.be/s10HXGVrvwU