The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Excellent news blackflag :) give the guy a hug for me :)

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^^ That's awesome, blackflag. :) He's a handsome guy. :D

I'll have to get a few pictures of my 13-year old cat who unfortunately, is on the last of his 9 lives. :/ I'll be sure to post them here once/if I catch him on one of his good days.

But for now I have a picture of the other one (5 years old) having a cat nap. :)

Farrah closeup

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  3. Jacquie

sorry to hear about your older cat speed_cochrane.

but I love Farrah :adore: I have a fondness for Tortoiseshells. Our Tuppence. She's almost 8 now and we've had her since she was about 3 months old. Then we have Caramel one of our store cats. She's just over 10 and we've had her since she was about 1. We also have 3 other cats that rule our lives :D

4. MelinaStellaFan

MelinaStellaFan Hit and Run

I got a dog his name is Zorro he is a wiredhair dachaund and a old cat her name is Emily she is my brother's cat now

5. hotspot

hotspot Hit and Run

I have only had my tortoise dotty.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Here's a video I took of our dog, Lily, singing while my step-dad plays guitar.

ETA: We got a new Flip video camera so I took another video of Lily. This one is of what happens almost every night when my step-dad gets home from work.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Just wanted to post an update about my Snow Kitty. :) I first saw him outside before Thanksgiving. He looked too beautiful to be an outdoor cat, and I thought he must be lost. Of course I put out food, and he came and ate and left several times, but he wouldn't let me near him.

I really worried about him all winter. He was out in the rain, snow, ice, and bitter cold temperatures, and he wouldn't go into the little shelter I made for him. But he still came and ate.

And he made it through the winter. :) And he hangs around my place a lot now and sleeps in my chair with the blankets I put out. And finally...finally! He approaches my outstretched hand and rubs his head on it, even if he does back up and hiss afterward. :lol:

So we are making progress. Here's a picture I took of him today. So handsome.

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

My Pookie kitty died earlier this morning. :( As soon as she heard someone up downstairs she started making this heart wrenching cry from under my bed. I just pulled her out and held her for about an hour. I feel so bad. I always told her to tell me if she was in pain and she did but I couldn't do anything about it. Our vet doesn't open until 8am and it takes at least half an hour to get there. :( She was just at the vet for her check-up last week and except for her hyper-thyroidism she was in good health for her advanced age. :(

Susan

10. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Awww this is so sad :( I'm so sorry, blackflag :(

I would also be sad if my Juri would die :(

It's so hard to loose a pet... they're like our family, our soulmates and best friends :(

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Awwww. :( I'm so sorry. Poor thing...but you did do something to help her. You were with her and held her to the end. And you took very good care of her and loved her all along. That's all they ask of us.

12. Jacquie

blackflag, I'm so sorry to hear Pookie lost his battle. I hope he is pain free now and is enjoying his time playing in the fields with all his other feline friends.

13. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Rookie

14. ericandryanfan

ericandryanfan Hit and Run

hi, i have a Hamster called Sookie (i was watching true Blood at the tim lol) and a rabbit called Calliegh after the calleigh in CSI Miami sorry i havent got any piccys on my comp yet x

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Cat, dog stamps push adoption of shelter animals
    Posted: Apr 30, 2010 11:32 AM EDT
    Updated: May 01, 2010 8:00 AM EDT

WASHINGTON (AP) - The post office is holding out a friendly paw to dogs, and cats too.

A new set of 10 first-class stamps featuring cheerful dogs and cats went on sale nationwide on Friday, designed to promote adoption of animals from shelters.

The 44-cent stamps are part of a "Stamps to the Rescue" campaign, not only to encourage pet adoptions but also raising funds to buy food for animals in shelters.

The stamps feature photographs of five cats and five dogs taken by photographer Sally Andersen-Bruce. All ten animals were adopted from a shelter in New Milford, CT.

Previous postage stamps featuring cats and dogs have included a 13-cent stamp of a kitten and puppy playing in the snow in 1982; a set of pet stamps in 1998 and in 2002 when a kitten and puppy were featured on the "Neuter or Spay" stamps.

U.S. Postal Service: http://www.usps.com
    Stamps to the Rescue: http://www.stampstotherescue.com