Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

Hi Everyone
    I personally think that Calleigh & Eric should get marry and not because a baby. They are we to sweet with eachother and I really hope a happy ending not a dramatic one .
    xXOox

2. yen35

yen35 Witness

I too really need to see the EC wedding! That'll just make my day, maybe enough to keep me happy the whole year! :) :) :)

3. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

Oh good grief...
    They're going to assess their relationship? It could go either way? So...I can't help but feel that, at this point, the writers have committed to EC, but at the same time, I don't trust them not to just throw the whole thing away for funsies. When it comes right down to it though, I'm really, really sick of them screwing around with us. I mean, I suppose it's better than having EC break up, but I feel like the horse is dead and they're still trying to ride it (in this case, the horse is the "are they going to get together or not?" angst, not the relationship itself). Regardless, you can only play with that ambiguity for so long before people get fed up...

I don't know if this helps anyone at all, but I know there's a link on the CBS website to contact them with comments, complaints, and suggestions. I don't know if they actually read them (they say they do...who knows), but it's worth a try. I can't help but wonder if some intelligent, thoughtful comments and suggestions might help our case a bit...

4. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

On EC from TV Guide
    What have you heard about Calleigh and Delko's relationship on CSI: Miami? — Chelsea
    ADAM: Sounds like it will be more of the same for Calleighko, who ended last season in a place of uncertainty. But co-executive producer Barry O'Brien suggests the new season will provide clarity — eventually. "There may be some new elements that threaten their future together," he says. "You can look to Season 9 to clearly define their relationship, but we're going to take them on quite a journey first."

I don't know if I should put this in a spoiler box but just to be safe and here's what I think-
    I don't know what to make of this -this relationship has been dragged too long and now they're going to give them more drama AGAIN! What are they trying to do to us? Just make up your minds already - this is too much! On the other hand, it sounds like there will be an engagement or wedding but only after the drama -:(

5. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

eah, I just read that too...interesting.
    I don't know neither. Seems like they are playing with us again. Weren't we promised a closure last year? I hope there will be no drama like potential new girlfriend for eric(I have a feeleing there might be, after all Cal had her share with Jake) o another dangerous situation. I'm sure that drama will happen when Emily will be away on her maternity...

6. yen35

yen35 Witness

Hi

I can't believe this! I think as I said in the spoiler thread, that these writers have amnesia because they said the EXACT same thing last year right? That EC will define their relationship at the end of THAT season. And whats this about the uncertainty in their relationship? In the last episode of season 8, they seemed pretty solid to me. Can't someone write to these writers and say that they need to find drama for someone else and there is really no need to put EC through more drama when they took such a long time to get together and had so much drama in season 8!

7. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Ok really, again. Weren't we promised a "defining moment" in their relationship last season where it would "define their relationship for the rest of the series" You gotta be freakin kidding me. :scream: :scream:

I mean seriously how much more can these two go through.

They are clearly in love, um hello, Calleigh wouldn't have been the first person he ran to check on when everyone in the lab passed out. :scream: :scream:

I am so sick & tired of them having to define their relationship and them being put thru obsticles. Her shooting at him, him leaving & coming back wasn't enough of an obsticle.

Leave our 'ship alone! Go pick on someone else! :scream: :scream: :scream:

8. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I feel the need to throw a bunch of these guys around - :scream:

Isn't "more of the same" what we've been trying to get away from? I mean, really? More "are they or aren't they?" or more "omg, Calleigh's gonna almost die and there will be a defining moment for EC!" I mean, this is getting old. Eric and Calleigh have been on a journey since season five, isn't it time to settle down already?

The only "uncertainty" in the relationship at the end of last season was the fact that Calleigh may or may not have died. That's obviously been cleared up, so what's the problem? There was no uncertainty between them when they stood together on the pier that day; he lied to her, but she was clearly willing to let him have the time he needed to help her regain her trust in him. If that wasn't huge, especially being that it was Calleigh, then I don't know what they think has to happen for it to be clear that Eric and Calleigh are supposed to be together.

More obstacles? Really? WHAT ELSE IS THERE?! There was Jake. There was Calleigh nearly dying a thousand times. There was Eric nearly dying a thousand times. There was Sharova. There was the wire. There was the toxic gas thing in the lab. And there has been plenty more - WHY MORE?! We would've been better off having Emily's pregnancy written into the show and letting Eric and Calleigh sort of fade happily into the background while Natalia gets to take on the task of nearly dying every episode, lol.

I want Eric and Calleigh to be happy. And together. I want them to, you know, maybe have a normal relationship. :(

The use of the word "resolved" seems positive, though. I mean, I guess it could be negative, but the feeling I'm getting from it is positive. Too bad it has to come after more drama.

9. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Here are my frustrated 2-cents on the new Season 9 E/C spoiler courtesy of Barry O'Brien:

Honestly, at this point, O'Brien and Dube's so-called "sneak previews" about E/C just make me roll my eyes :rolleyes:, but they don't worry me at all. Didn't we hear the same song-and-dance about Eric & Calleigh "defining" their relationship both before and during Season 8? :wtf: I just wish TPTB would stop dragging out the uncertainty for our couple. How many more obstacles can they throw at E & C before it just gets ridiculous? All that's going to do is frustrate the Hiphugger-fans and annoy the anti-E/C-shippers ... at the end of the day, pleasing no-one. :( If history serves as an indicator, O'Brien is most likely just blowing smoke in a misguided attempt to drum-up viewership for the upcoming season. I have to believe that TPTB aren't dumb/crazy enough to really think that any CSIM viewers want to see the angst and ambiguity for E/C strung along for yet another season.:shifty: Anyway, based on the comments it does seem like, at the end of the day, there will be a positive resolution to all the E/C uncertainty. Like so many others have said though, I wish we didn't have to suffer through more unnecessary drama to get there.:brickwall:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

You guys have pretty much said everything I'm thinking so there's not much to add. I too am frustrated and annoyed by these comments from tptb. It's like every season they go:

"Hmm let's see

-Drama: check
    -Uncertainty: check
    -Obstacles: check
    -Will they/won't they: check
    -Life and death situations: check
    -More life and death situations: check

Ok we're ready for the next season with Eric and Calleigh."

The only good thing is that it has always seemed like they want the relationship to survive so I'm hanging onto that and think that somewhere near the series finale we'll have a happy ending :rolleyes:

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

First and foremost I love you icon hiphugger so darling:p.. and I'm a newbie, not on the board but on them. She's so pretty and so feminine and yet so focused while working a case. He's so handsome, and also so determined while working the cases. And the difference in their coloring makes for a handsome couple. I'm looking forward to seeing them on the "new night" and hope we do see a wedding in thier future~

12. luvzhiphuggers

luvzhiphuggers Victim

Hey guys I found one more huge spoiler that I think you should read!!!!!:adore::adore:

[SPOILER='CSI: Miami' romance 'will be resolved'!!!![/SPOILER]

HTML:
    "http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/news/a270839/csi-miami-romance-will-be-resolved.html"[HTML]

Check it out.:luvlove:

13. luvzhiphuggers

luvzhiphuggers Victim

Hey guys I found one more huge spoiler that I think you should read!!!!!:adore::adore:

CSI MIAMI romance season 9!!

'CSI: Miami' romance 'will be resolved"' CSI: Miami producer Barry O'Brien has hinted that the relationship between Calleigh and Delko will be resolved in the ninth season.

He told TV Guide that the pair (played by Emily Procter and Adam Rodriguez) will face new challenges in forthcoming episodes.

"There may be some new elements that threaten their future together," explained O'Brien.

However, he reassured fans that the new season will "clearly define their relationship".

"You can look to season 9 [for that]," he confirmed. "But we're going to take them on quite a journey first."

Check it out.
    :luvlove:

sorry i posted twice but i'm still new and don't know what spoiler tags to use just yet!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  14. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Thanks luvzhiphuggers we have seen that spoiler already, that still doesn't really explain us anything...I mean they keep promising us every year that we will get a resolution but it's just promises. Every year we get more and more drama, near-death situations etc. So i hate the fact that they promise more obsticles to come and a resolution at the end of the series...:( It's just too much, it's 4 years:rolleyes: They really, really deserve a happy ending.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:confused:
    You know thoose types of spoilers make me glad we are so many episodes behind the "real deal". As I can spare myself watching whole episodes but "just" enjoy the hiphuggermoment in a Tubeland not far from here. IF they continue this "will they or will they not". IMHO it will in the end affect the show in general. Who would tune in without getting angry???? Hiphuggers and non-hiphuggers alike.
    IMHO they are tackling this relationship completely wrong. This is friends that "turned" lovers back in "Smoke"- episode. This is NOT a couple that need time to get to know eachother and know eachother values and norms. ANDthey have allready meet the parents. BECAUSE they know each other alllreday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes - they made need time to adjust to being lovers instead of "just" friends. BUT NO WAY would Call - character "puff" commit to a guy with her past history/storylines. AND Delko who has show so much care for H, Nat and Call in past and resent storylines. He should be "perhaps cheating" on Call:confused:.
    Sad - sad - sad if theese couple was/is just put together by TPTB to create drama and Sad - sad - sad for show because in the end they loose viewers instead of gaining with that approch(sp).
    There is begining to show a desperate dragging on the "angst-storyline from my perspective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.