Miami season 8 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 8, 2010.

1. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

what a disappointment :brickwall: :scream:

i finally found out which csi will be on free tv this autumn- it's vegas. and i was so hoping it'd be miami :(
    soooo angry :scream:

but i still have weak hopes for miami at least at october.
    and the most irritating thing is that's gonna be rerun (only if season 10 isn't the new one)

doh....

i dunno yet which csi will be on paid channel. but from all commercials i've seen lot of details belongs to vegas (again)

at least there's a fair hope for ny cause last season will end in few weeks. and so far with it they've been pretty close to usa tempo.

but anyways i'm still waaaiiittiiinngg !!!

2. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Well, it's just gone 10.00 pm in the UK, so you all know what I've been doing for the last hour! I actually thought this episode was a lot better than the last couple. Much more satisfactory bit of writing, in character (more or less), H very much in charge, even if not enough screentime for my liking. Not nearly as good as the old days, but better than I was expecting. It looked better too - very 'Miami', all golden, if you know what I mean. And the note on the windscreen at the end... just lovely, I almost shed tears...

3. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Not trying to bash your view on the eppy daisymay, but on the contrary I absolutely hated the few minutes that I saw of the ep. 'Yeah, I've been shot in the head twice but I'm fine' Biggest bull I've seen yet. Not to mention the once again extremely limited use of Natalia and Frank, and what those writers are doing wuth Ryan disgusts me. I only watched twenty minutes before I couldn't stomach any more BS and went back to my video games.

The case and Alexx's return are the only reason I'm giving this ep a 2/10. First time I didn't watch an ep the whole way through, well done writers :klingon:

4. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi have to agree with you , i almost started crying to , i really like the scenes with Delko in the changing room :) and also i liked the interaction between Ryan , Jesse and Walter .

5. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

I have to say that I have mixed feelings on last night's epi. It wasn't THAT bad, but it wasn't THAT good either!

A lot of it was fairly unbelievable - the three musketeers going off without a warrant (thus alerting the farmer chappie to what they were up to so he could clean up his act before they came back), then breaking into places to take evidence that wouldn't even be admissible in court (thus opening themselves to the possibility of being accused of tainting any future evidence while they were there)... :rolleyes: bit of a stretch, writer-folks!

There was also a bit too much "it's this... no it isn't it's this... no it isn't, it's this..." alongside the usual "he did it... no, she did it... no, he did it..."

And as for the so obviously fake backdrop of the cows... hmmmm! (Cows, incidentally, who apparently had seen the three musketeers coming and all agreed to hush up their mooing so the guys couldn't hear them until they came over that little bitty hill!:guffaw:)

I liked H in it though (who wouldn't?!!) - especially when he totally had the Health Department woman sussed!!:cool:

And the note at the end - nice touch, but how did H know Eric was leaving, when Eric had just said he wasn't going to tell anyone yet?

So - like the last couple of episodes, I could take it or leave it. I'll watch the rerun tonight though, just to make sure...:lol:

Jude

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Welcome back, Jude, hope it was a good holiday. I must have been feeling forgiving last night, since I forgave all the plot errors for the sake of the characters, which I thought the writer didn't do too badly. How do you think H knew about Eric? If Calleigh worked it out, you can bet H worked it out first! (Or he could have found Calleigh in the locker room, I suppose.)

7. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Haha! Yeah, last night the characters were a lot more in character than of late. And I think H knew about Eric the way he knows about everything else - telepathy and osmosis!!:cool:

My holiday was FABULOUS thanks. I'd have brought Venice home if only I had somewhere to put it! And all the old ruins in Rome - the forum, the colosseum, my hubby... oh, I brought that one home!:guffaw:

Jude

8. DragonFriend95

I have to respectfully disagree with the good characterisation. Eric seemed...I don't know, kinda 'off' to me. It may just be because I'm starting to dislike him, but I did find him kinda strange.

And don't get me started on Ryan and how badly OOC he was- in the last few eppies it wasn't as bad because he was just more jokey and naive than usual, but this was worse. First he's unwilling to take the case because there's a chance it wasn't homicide, then he goes and stereotypes the farmers as 'dumb country folk', then he actually goes along with the whole trespassing, THEN Walter, the newest guy, has to explain to him how to find the e.coli strand. Overall, kinda lazy, slightly stupid and, worst of all, prejudice. Bad, just bad.

Yeah, not in the brightest of moods right now :rolleyes:

9. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

We'll have to just disagree... I thought Eric being 'off' was appropriate because he'd just got back from injury, and had decided to leave CSI. Not so sure about Ryan - they're making him a bit like a snotty kid (that might be a UK expression) lately, whereas he did seem to be maturing nicely. I suppose I forgave it most because H was back in charge. But we should disagree - very boring if everyone saw the same things in an episode.

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Hello! Back from my holiday, and caught up on the last 2 episodes. Last nights was a bit of a disappointment. I have to agree on the Ryan being OOC point. The writing for him was totally off at the start of the season (thankfully it improves) I didnt like the comment about the farmers. And the whole storyline was rather silly.
    That said there were some good bits. Walter and Ryan at the well, when Walter dropped the bag in. Those two have such a great chemistry, love their scenes. Some good scenes for H. There werte also lots of team scenes- Miami generally doesnt have more than 3 csi's in a scene together, so it was good to see 'team' meetings, with most of them there. (and Walter who seems more csi than lab tech?)
    I found the Eric stuff rather strange, but at least this time he didnt go back to work the week after being shot!

The episode before was a better plot, and despite some OOC moments for a few of the characters, overall I enjoyed it.

11. DragonFriend95

Welcome back Solitaire! :D

If Ryan's OOCness gets any worse I might be tempted to skip a few eps, which is something I never thought I'd find myself saying. Stereotyping is the biggest pet peeve I have, and that comment rubbed me all the wrong ways. Still, Horatio and Walter kinda made up for that (not to mention Ryan in that jacket :drool: )

Walter reminds me of Hodges now on LV; even though he's supposedly a lab tech he's spending a lot of time doing CSI. Wikipedia has Walt as a CSI, so either he's gotten silently promoted, or he was a CSI in the first place and we just assumed he was a night tech (I wasn't watching Bolt Action too closely)

Anyways, not too expectant about the next eppy.

12. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

oh what a bad luck :brickwall::scream:
    i'm gonna miss WISC! :eek:
    what an unlucky ...

damn i already miss TS last week :scream:

13. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Enjoy the episode tonight!
    I've seen that next week is the trilogy, so they are putting the NY and Vegas episodes on after Miami. I will watch the Maimi episode, because that was my favourite part but overall I was disappointed with the rest of it, so I might give the other parts a miss. But still, it is good they are putting them on together again.

14. DragonFriend95

There's an eppy tonight? Um, I mean, oh I'm so excited for this ep, I have it marked on my calendar, I've been waiting all week... not working? Thought so :rolleyes: I'm tempted to settle down to some ST Voyager eps, but I'll give it a chance.

The crossover on the other hand...trying to think of something good about it...wait, what am I talking about? It has Travers! Roll on crossover :p

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Well, I enjoyed last nights episode. The story was quite fun, with plenty of twists in it. I think everyone had a good amount of screentime, and I love Ryan and Walter together.
    Did you give it a go, DragonFriend? (oh, and I used to love Voyager. I was totally addicted at the time) This one was ok, Ryan in-character wise. I thought Tom the coroner was rather off with him, and there was no need to be that snappy. But having seen some later episodes, Tom grows on me.
    What I want to know is, where has Valera supposed to have vanished to? Its like Natalia has taken over in the DNA lab.

And its started raining here again. How can it be so sunny one minute and then chucking it down the next?! :(