CSI: Miami is moving to Sunday at 10PM!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by srqmiamifan, May 19, 2010.

1. yen35

yen35 Witness

What do you mean by 'the show starts late because of games going overtime'? I googled the fall schedule for CBS and the show before CSI Miami is 'Undercover boss'. Do they usually have sports before that? Where I live, we have separate channels which show sports only. I agree that it will be annoying if the shows don't start if games are going overtime. I guess all shows on all channels must be affected on Sundays ( if all of them show sports or is it just CBS?). Desperate housewives is also on Sunday from 9-10 pm on another network and that has done well so far.
    Oh well, I hope too many people won't stop watching it!

2. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

CBS broadcasts NFL football games on Sundays and at times the games go over. This can delay the start of primetime viewing (this isn't every week. It really depends if CBS have the late game that week). This runs until after the playoffs in late December. This doesn't affect the other major networks. It could affect viewing for awhile. I think the hardcore fans will still try and tune in but it make discourage the casual viewer.

Hope this helps:)

3. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

There is usually little delay in the primetime CBS schedule. If the late game is on CBS and goes into OT, they usually cut out a chunk of 60 Minutes. OT doesn't take an hour anyway, so the Sunday entertainment shows begin on time--the local networks have clout in wanting their local news to start on time for advertising revenue.

Where CSIM will face stiff competition is from the NBC Sunday night football game, which is always in prime time and has been getting huge ratings over the last two years. The league also gets to slot certain teams into the game, so if by some miracle the Browns and Steelers are both undefeated, they will move them into the Sunday game to get the highest possible ratings.

One other note: A&E has been cutting back on reruns of CSIM over the last two weeks in favor of The Glades. CSIM was always on daily 3x in the morning, and 3x at night. I believe they are now down to 1x in the day and 1x at night. They are also showing more CSINY.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Perhaps it depends on where you live.All of the prime time shows started late (on CBS) if the games were late and went into overtime,sometimes as much as 40 minutes where I live.Its the reason I first started to miss Cold Case,believe me the shows started late.

5. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

CBS is trying to be smart, but this proves them to be a**es:scream:. As long as they still air though.:rolleyes:

6. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

That's true. I guess it all depends how long the delay is.

Gosh, I forgot all about the NBS Sunday game!! It might be okay; the hardcore fans will remain loyal and the casual viewer might check out the show, especially if they don't care for football (although who doesn't like football:lol::lol::guffaw:).

Hopefully this move doesn't end up causing the end of the show. If it ain't broke, why fix it?

7. lep123

lep123 Civilian

Well, it's officially started. Tonight is the first ep to air on Sundays and CBS is way behind due to Golf. How angry do you think CBS will be tomorrow morning if we send them a billion emails tonight complaining about it.

8. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:
    Something HAD to give because of the PGA playoff. So, the first Sunday night of CSI Miami, its cut. How many times will this happen or, episodes delayed past primetime losing their audience, before it's cancelled? It shouldn't take long. Fans questioned why were only 22 episodes ordered this Season. I think we have our answer tonight.

9. lep123

lep123 Civilian

Has it officially been cut? Why can't they cut Undercover Boss. You know, some people out there started watching CSI:Miami in May so some of us haven't seen every episode of season 8 yet. Not fair.

But I do understand that it is a repeat and I don't think they'd cut a first run episode. At least they never did with Cold Case. I'm just kinda used to recording several hours on Sundays just to make sure I always get every last minute of the episodes.

10. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

Yes, CSI Miami is cut tonight, though it is on Monday night. Undercover Boss is also a repeat but a much newer show AND it has an Emmy nomination.

I don't think most viewers will record a 2-3 hour block just to catch one show. I believe CSI M will lose hoards of viewers with this new time slot.

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

About 9:25pm central time, Big Brother just finished and Undercover Boss followed. :wtf: CSI: Miami is delayed by almost 1.5 hours?! It should be starting 9pm here. Good thing it's only a repeat. Usually in regular season, the football overtime is about 30 mins. Viewers living in the pacific and mountain time zones are most lilely safe from this OT.

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm in the Central time zone too.Even though it was a repeat tonight,I still wanted to see it,but I'm working tomorrow morning and I'm going to bed.

13. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Yen, I see your location says Sri Lanka, so I'm assuming that's where you are in the world. I'm in Alabama. Here in America we have all-sports channels. ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports, CSS. That doesn't mean CBS isn't gonna air golf games in the summer, football games in the fall and winter, basketball in the spring. This why I don't watch tv on Sunday night. Tonight I got home from Wal-Mart in time for part of the 10 pm news and the beginning of tonight's CSI: Miami weekends episode, both of which were over an hour late. I just know I won't be watching CSI: Miami this fall cause of the schedule screw-up all the sports cause.
    How many remember how they were telling on the news that a Facebook campaign was responsible for Betty White gettiing to host SNL-(Saturday Night Live) one Saturday night back in May? Well, I took that ideal and applied it to keeping CSI: Miami on Monday night. Everyone who wants CSI: Miami to remain on Monday night get a Facebook account (if you don't already have one, it's free). Then come to my Facebook fan page called KEEP CSI: MIAMI ON MONDAY NIGHT, click LIKE at the top of the page then you can start posting your opinions.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  14. yen35

yen35 Witness

Thanks Carolyn333 and MiamiWolfe for the explanation about the sports. Normal sports channels plus sports on other channels; Gracious, thats a lot of sports! (Ya, Carolyn 333, I live in Sri Lanka)

I can't understand how this network expects this new show they are putting on Mondays at the time CSIM used to be, to compete with Castle. I understand its a remake and that recent remakes like Bionic Woman and Knight Rider got cancelled after 1 season ( I really liked the latter).

Anyway, I will really hope and pray that the ratings of the show won't drop further because I want it to go up to season 12! The Vegas one is now going to 11 and will surely go to 12. But like people say, surely the casual viewer is not going to patiently sit through all these sports! I mean, most have work the next day!

15. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Grrrrrr, what a terrible start for Sunday night! They are pretty upset over on the CBS board too. It is probably a good time to voice our concerns on CBS feedback; I just did it. What is additionally frustrating about football is that even if the game is over, they will switch over to finish up another game before going to 60 minutes, and they will keep switching until all games are over.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010