Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Sendibo

Sendibo Victim

Hi, I've come to join this thread because Lindsay is my favourite character :) Love the Lindsay/Danny storyline, particularly 'The Box' :)

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Welcome, Sendibo! It's great to have another fellow Lindsay/Anna fan here! If you're interested in Danny/Lindsay, there is a thread for them in the shipper central (you have to look at the threads that are older than 30 days to see it). I agree with you; she is a wonderful character.

I'm happy that she'll have her own storyline. I hope we'll get a nice insight into her character. It'll be nice to learn more about her and I hope they will use the chance and bring her past up again. I do not think it's just forgotten and fine. I'm curious how they will do it.

3. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Is Anna pregnant again?

Not sure how to post a picture so here's a link to the picture *click*

4. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

^I don't think it's there's been any sort of official confirmation.

5. FlacksAngell

FlacksAngell Victim

Don't think she's mentioned anything, but everyone seems to think so. For her 3rd, she's not very big, so by the looks of it she's just starting out and will probably announce it pretty soon, since she's starting to show.

6. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

She definitely looks pregnant but we don't have an official statement yet.

7. LME

LME Police Officer

Not been here in a very long time.

I am very doubtful that Anna is pregnant again, I think that it is the dress - it is very tight and gathered at one side. Plus she is at an angle to the camera not straight on.

I have also seen a video up at ET Online with some of the cast in the background. If you look at Anna in the video, she turns around and she doesn't look pregnant to me. Here is the video.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2010/07/89607/index.html

For a mother of 2 I think she has a great figure - I wished that if I had had 2 kids I wish i looked that good. It is just a combination of bad camera angle and a tight dress.

8. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Saw the video as well. Thanks for posting LME. I agree with you, I really don't think she is pregnant. I don't know why some people are so convinced by that. She had two children and I guess most women don't have a perfectly flat belly then, especially not in such a tight dress. I think she look absolutely stunning. Such a beautiful woman! :adore:

9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I feel weird speculating on it til there's been an official statement or something, but you're right about the video. There it looks like it was more the angle of the dress than anything (which sucks, because it's such a pretty dress on her otherwise :lol:). I guess it could go either way, which is cool.

ETA:
    LOL, I have the same hope! :lol: Not so much about them bringing up her past...I think I'd be fine if it just stayed in the background as something that defines her and her interactions with people (as it has for years, for the most part), but I'm really hoping they consider the kind of character she is when they write the storyline for her. So far it seems to be so good, with the anger over the medal, being somewhat uncooperative in therapy, etc. but...well I'm worried.

They haven't been so great writing for her, especially in S6 (though Epilogue was fine, and The Formula and [somewhat] Dead Reckoning)... and the whole ceremony thing sounds so over-the-top-Mary-Sue I'm actually cringing :lol: But hey, she's getting a story, and the fact that she sounds (from what I read) uncomfortable with the ceremony does seem as though they have considered what Lindsay's response was likely to be; and it's possible the ceremony's more of a political press stunt than anything else -- so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Optimism's the new thing, right? :bolian:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  10. LME

LME Police Officer

I totally agree with you, I don't think that this is something that people should be speculating about to much. If she is she may not want to say anything until a certain time (and that is her right to do so). If not then seeing the "Is she pregnant" stuff on the internet would knock most womens confidence in wearing certain clothing.

I have pictures on me taking at a slight angle and when I look at them I think damn I look pregnant - but I assure you I wasn't.

I think that she looks great in the dress, stunnng in fact.

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

^When anyone is in the public eye - whether they're an actor or a singer or a reality TV star people are going to speculate. I am willing though to go with the theory that she just put on some weight though.

I really do a see a difference in her stomach from the recent pictures and how she looked last season - they gave her some pretty tight shits and all to wear on the show... she obviously can drop the weight after having a baby (Season 4, Season 6), so I don't think over a year later she suddenly un-lost weight from being pregnant.

12. LME

LME Police Officer

I think a lot to has to do with camera angles for the still shots from the other night. The pattern on the dress may also make her look a bit bigger or she well have add a few pounds during the break for the show, I don't know about you but I tend to add on a few pounds when I am away from work as well. Plus what is that saying a camera adds 10 pounds!.

Personally I have always thought she looked very tiny and very thin, I think that she looks very happy and very healthy in video and pictures. I think she look stunning in those pictures.

I am in no way indicating that you or anyone else are saying this but this is one of my pet peeves - it annoys me that if a woman adds a bit of weight or their bodyshape changes a bit and it seems like some people point at them and go oh my goodness she is getting big or fat or they must be pregnant. Yet if a man does the same there is less of the people talking.

Right, I have got off my soap box - sorry about that and getting back on topic. I can not wait for what is in store for Anna/Lindsay in Season 7.
    They have not really give her her own story arc like this for a long time and I am looking forward to it. I just hope that TOTB do a good job of it and it is not done in 1 episode - that kind of thing takes a while to get over like Flacks storyline last season.

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Honestly, I don't think the ceremony with the medal and all is mary sue-ish. I think it will be a very interesting scene and I'm looking forward to it. A while ago I posted a quote of what you get this medal for and it seems to perfectly describe the situation, so in my eyes it's well deserved. I so wanna see this scene! She deserves to get some attention. I agree with you, LME. I really hope it won't be a one episode storyline. There is much potential here and it'd be cool if they extended it for a few episodes. That'd be great! I want them to make this an awesome storyline.

14. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Thanks for the clarification. I only asked because I was wondering whether or not I had missed something or whether it was indeed the dress.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Same here :lol: I know some crime shows tend to brush over the whole "taking a life" issue, but I liked the way NY handled Flack's issue with Cade in S6 (it wasn't perfect, and was way too short, but "Cuckoo's Nest" was fairly genius); and I also like the way it was done on Bones (first time Brennan killed a criminal, there was this little thing about it that lasted only an episode or two, but managed to address both the seriousness of the issue and Brennan's unease with it). I'm hoping they do it similarly with Lindsay's; even if the bulk of the story is done in just one or two eps (seriously hoping it's longer, but I won't hold my breath til I see it :p; all the storylines lately have been pretty short), I really hope they don't just forget about it afterwards.

The medal itself may not be so Mary-Sue-ish -- and depending on how the ceremony's portrayed, it may actually work and be handled well. Maybe. :lol: I could buy it if it was presented as a seedy political press stunt -- ie, if the department higher-ups are trying to repair NYPD's public image because Shane escaped their custody so many times, so they're milking the whole Shane-being-taken-down-by-a-cop angle. I wouldn't mind that because it'd be clear just how hollow and meaningless a gesture it is; that they're willing to overlook the whole "a life's been taken" thing for the sake of glory.

But until/unless it plays out like that...sorry, I still see the ceremony as incredibly Mary Sue. Not saying Lindsay doesn't deserve recognition for some things she's done, but IMO, not for this. Partly because I still see it as slightly her (and Danny's, and Flack's, etc, I know, but still) fault that Shane even had the chance to escape; I still love her a lot, but no, I can't think she deserves a medal for killing him. But also, it's more that others have done similar things and not gotten a medal or a ceremony, as far as we know. Mac took down Suspect X (who was at least as public a threat as Shane Casey, though I'll admit she didn't make the NYPD look as bad as Shane did) and didn't get either. Another thing: they're technically honouring her for killing someone off-duty, which is something that usually brings IAB investigations and bad press even when done on-duty. Yeah, this too might be more about it being Shane than it being Lindsay, but still, it's a bit unfair.

All the same, I'm looking forward to the whole storyline :p I'm honestly a little fascinated, in a way I haven't been with many of her stories since S4 (on that note, bonus points if they let her shine out of Danny's shadow this time! :thumbsup:)

ETA: Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that Lindsay shot Shane, and under the circumstances (the little we know of them), she probably did the best thing she could do right then. I just don't think it's something that should, or needs to be, celebrated. Which they seem to be doing with the ceremony, at least, if not the medal.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010