Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. alexa

alexa Witness

aww really? good news. Congratulations to the new mom ^.^

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I think it's clear that she is tired. you can note on her performance/acting this last season, and more particularly in this recent episodes. in every scene she seemed tired and exhausted. now we can see why.
    I'm not criticizing EP i'm just giving my opinion regarding to her performance on the show last season. maybe she needs some break for the shpw.

-----OT
    I'm the only one who hears this song....this annoying song..all over the forum?

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

sorry wrong thread

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  3. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Wow! I'm offline for two days and look what happens! First off, congratulations, Emily. To say the least, this will make a mess of things.

Somehow I don't think CBS cares anymore. They were going to do what they were going to do. They dug themselves into a hole, and to say the least, this wonderful 'ship blew up in their faces.

Though I've never been pregnant, it seems like pregnancy is one of those things that you don't know how it will affect you until you experience it. Bear in mind also, Emily's not exactly a spring chicken anymore. I think she's over 40 now. She can pretend all she wants that an over-40 pregnancy is a breeze (and so can the fans), but even at 5 months, she's not over all the rough spots yet. Then there's the possible weight gain, along with other things. Will CBS be so willing to give her the world on a silver platter if she can't get rid of those last 20 pounds?

I for one am not betting the ranch. It became The Eric and Calleigh Show for me back in S6.

No Baby Delko? Too bad. I'd like to see Frank throw Baby Delko up in the air a few times and then hand him back to Eric just in time to spit up on him. Just because I've got jet lag right now. :devil:

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Reading this article it appears she won't go anywhere. Despite the child she's expecting, she wants to lose only a couple of episode.....at least that's her plan. Since I don't want to speculate, I won't add anything to this new statements. I only say that I wished she was a little bit more consistent with her previous statements (at least the ones regarding a family) ;)

:guffaw::guffaw: now that you put it in this way, I'd love to see Baby Delko :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

No, I'd much rather it be Frank's grandbaby that Frank is playing with because we don't get too much background on Frank's family other than he has an ex wife and a couple of kids.

6. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

You're right, GNRfan. But somehow I'm not going to hold my breath.

Anybody taking bets as to whether or not Emily will try to squeeze those swollen feet into 6" stilettos? So I guess the black catsuits are out this season (maybe).

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

As long as I don't see that baby bump on Calleigh then I don't care what wardrobe tries to squeeze her into.

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Well now that Procter has announced that she DID want the pregnacy written into the show ... she has sounded the call to action for her supporters!

About as subtle as a 2 X 4! :lol:

So now the petition and online harassment will start (I stand corrected. I have been reliably informed it HAS already started!) as her supporters DEMAND that Calleigh be pregnant on the show - afterall ... Procter WANTS it! :rolleyes:

Lord have mercy! Does it ever end! :scream:

AGREED!!!

I sincerely hope she takes the time to enjoy her pregnancy - something she has obviously wanted for a long time.

But I don't see the necessity for ANYONE to promote a campaign that effectively uses what is probably the most magical, special moment in a woman's life and to further a freaking storyline! :(

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Why make this "relationship" any more forced than it already is. Making Calleigh pregnant because Emily is pregnant would not exactly make it feel organic and oh-so-meant-to-be. The decision is not in limbo, it's been made & TPTB don't want it written in. To have it suddenly pop into the mix only because "campaigners" are forcing it to is just going to make the storyline and couple look even more fake.
    For the love of God, can't we just let the writers write the show for once? Can't we sit back & just see what THEY have in mind -- is it so wrong?!!
    I'd like to watch a show that's created by true writers/producers, not by some of thier fans.

10. GregNickRyanFan

Although I do think there are times when tptb should listen to fans (ie not getting rid of a certain female character on a certain CBS show that is an important part of the team- and yes, I'm talking about Criminal Minds), but I don't feel that on a show like this that a real life pregnancy should EVER be written in. I didn't agree with Anna's pregnancy being written into NY even though I kind of like D/L and baby Lucy is all kinds of adorable. Miami is just not the type of show that needs a baby hanging around. That's why when they gave Horatio a kid, he was already half grown. :lol:

11. Court

Court Prime Suspect

I have an idea/suggestion: If Emily wants her pregnancy written in so badly, TPTB can do it, but - HERE IT COMES - Eric is NOT the Baby Daddy. *GASP* Then it becomes "Who is the father?"

Since the E/C romance is already making the show a soap opera, it might as well go whole hog. :rolleyes:

(No, i'm not being serious. I loathe the idea of Calleigh pregnant on the show.)

12. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Though I'm neutral on the romance, I am against the idea of a baby. They had a good thing going focusing on team camaraderie last season and would rather they focus on that than already fan the flames to an angle which has polarised fans

13. GregNickRyanFan

Also, when a show's main characters have babies, that show usually ends up sinking badly in the ratings or just ends up being cancelled. So, I would fear this fate for Miami if they added a baby (for any main character) to the mix.

14. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Disclaimer: I come in peace, and agreement!

While I may disagree with you and others on plenty of things regarding the E/C relationship, I do agree with you that a campaign that attempts to reverse TPTB's decision not to write Emily's pregnancy into the script is completely unnecessary. Sure, it's fine to disagree with the decision, but I really don't understand why it's the end of the world all of a sudden.

Personally, I'm neutral on the whole "write in or not write in the pregnancy". As an E/C shipper, I'd love to see them have kids someday, but that doesn't mean it has to be right now. In fact, I think it might be better for their relationship if they didn't have kids just yet. Not to mention that with the current writers, I don't feel very confident in their ability to have a couple be pregnant without turning it into an over-the-top dramatic disaster. If E/C did have kids, I'd rather their pregnancy be something happy and low-key in the background of the show.

Honestly, this is not the only opportunity ever for Calleigh to be pregnant. Down the road, even when Emily is no longer pregnant, I imagine they can still stuff a pillow under her shirt and make the character pregnant if they wanted to. :lol:

Emily is clearly happy to be pregnant and beginning a family of her own. Even if she would've preferred her pregnancy be written into the show, she's not going to spontaneously combust because TPTB decided not to. Their decision doesn't take away from her joy at fulfilling one of her dreams.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I feel the same way about this. I'm also wondering if it was not the show's runners who made this decision, but CBS themselves that said no to it?