Mac Taylor's Love Life *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Apr 7, 2010.

?

Who do you want to see Mac Taylor with?

1. Aubrey Hunter

18 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. Peyton Driscoll

9 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Stella Bonasera

66 vote(s)
    55.9%
  4. No one--Mac should stay single

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. Mac can schtupp a couch for all I care

13 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. IMSMacked

IMSMacked Victim

I can't believe it. Melina Kanakaredes leaves CSI: NY :( No more Stella Bonasera. You can remove her from the choices now.. *sobs*. I'll miss her so much, I don't even know if I will be able to watch CSI: NY anymore without her.

But anyway, I still don't want Peyton. And Aubrey's fine but i guess Mac's not that interested in her anymore.. So I guess that leaves me with no one. I'd rather watch Mac deal with cases than his love life next season. Less love, more action please.

2. LensWideOpen

LensWideOpen Victim

I really enjoy Mac in a romance. Gary Sinise is very capable of having his character focus on cases while still enjoying a great romance. And I'm actually delighted Melina is leaving the show and opening up a position for someone more suited to costar with Gary Sinise. Really glad CBS is looking at Sela Ward, whom is much more suited for this role. It's going to be a great season for sure.

Enjoy The Day.

3. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Yes but it's just so sad he hasnt had one that lasted! :lol:

You too!:thumbsup:

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I don't think Stella should be taken away from the list:wtf::wtf::wtf:

If he can't be with Stella then i prefer Mac alone:wtf:

Besides i think her departure storyline should be kept open just in case she reachs an agreement in the future

But NO ONE, read this well NO ONE willñ ever replace what Mac and Stella had, even tough they never became a couple on screen , their commiment was stronger than many other couple

Even that STUPID AND NONSENSE Couple called DL:scream::scream::scream:

(Just when i think about the time they never got and the stories they will never have i feel so miserable:(

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i agree with a lot of this - apart from the delighted bit, i guess. i've never been stella's #1 fan by any stretch so i'm not going to lose any sleep over her leaving, but i do think she did a good job as stella, and stella was a good, strong female character, regardless of whether i actually liked her all the time (i was always a bit undecided i guess) - i think they did work well together, but i'll be interested to see what happens next as well.

6. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I agree totally ;) I liked Stella a lot too but she's not my most favourite character so maybe the reason why I don't loose sleep cause of this. I'm looking forward to see the new character, will see what happens. I'll miss Stella (Melina) and if i could choose I wouldn't let her go. :(

But this changed my mind that much that I'm starting to prefer Mac single...It just "suits" him better than romance.

7. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

With Stella leaving the show I think that Mac's destiny is to be single forever!!

8. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

^Mac was never ever with Stella... so I don't see how that has any baring. Maybe Peyton or Aubrey will make an appearance in Season 7!

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Do you like Peyton or Aubrey? Mac already showed he is not interested in Peyton anymore and he already said Aubrey is a friend :D

So unless you want something forced and incredible...how could i say it..unrealistic (very DL vomitive style) I guess it shouldn't be convenient to have them back. But knowing the Dear People, I can expect anything :D

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't think Mac with Peyton or Aubrey would be unrealistic at all. He's been in a relationship with Peyton before and they showed that he hasn't held a grudge about the way they parted. He's also dated Aubrey and they have wonderful chemistry. I think either choice would be good, although I think I personally like Aubrey better. And who knows what they have planned with Sela Ward joining the show. She could be another possibility. All in all I think there are three solid choices if they want to have Mac be with someone.

11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

As you have said some times before, everything is in the eye of the beholder. You say Aubrey and Mac have a wonderful chemistry. But that's what YOU say. I don't think that. Actually i think meanwhile she is nice indeed, they don't look like nice together AT ALL :D and when Peyton mentioned Aubrey to him, he said "Dr Hunter? She's a friend" :D
    And he had to say that just because Peyton thought he was rejecting her because of Aubrey and he made it clear it was a no-no-no :D

I wonder, didn't you critisize so much the "Twilight" comment and the whole triangle thing? What would you say if you add Sela's character to the "Mac's girfriend wannebe-of-the-week"? chart :D

:D

12. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

What boredom and a certain innate contrariness will do. Lead one revisit a thread on Mac's love life... :lol: Nah. More that recent news has given rise to various discussions, and the merry go round brought me here next out of curiosity.

I don't think Stella was on the list but for a deliberate poke by a reporter at a shipping issue in standard practice to entice a few more hits on their own site.

:lol:

Jeez. Poor Mac gets no love from some folk, on so many different levels :lol::p

I guess for some the ship trumps the weekly show, the characters, and the franchise. Perfectly dandy-o. Me, I just happen to prefer elements that give characters opportunities to expand within the show. So long as a balance is maintained. Work alone has made Mac a very dull and formulaically used boy. He is a lead on the show. Having a dull, predictable lead, does neither the character nor the show a great service.

Having Reed return for an appearance, meeting Aubrey, and the revelation of outside and/or childhood interests, were fun and valid ways to try and pry him out of teh usual. Lord knows he needs it.

(The hobbies and suddenly discovered personal interests, for all the characters, were often the most convenient and mallet-worthy in how they were written in and taking advantage of tidbits that came up in cases, but I still like that they were present. I'd like them even more if mallets were less prevalent. Mebbe someone could also take on a brand new hobby, having been engaged by something they encountered, and not just be a selected expert of the week already, given opportunity to rattle off whatnot).

Generally speaking, a mix of a character's history and interaction among the core group, on both personal and case related points helps all of them be more interesting and three-dimensional, and is how most of us got to know them in the first place; adding opportunities thru secondary characters is also fun; having a brand new leading character is going to open up a whole new array of possibilities to develop new material and revisit more established material thru a new lens.

(...is "formulaically" a word? :lol: Tis now :p).

Why, yes. Funny that.

I think the Triangle was more promo hype than anything that resulted onscreen. I thought the appearances of both Peyton and Aubrey were integrated well. I think the show deliberately left any potential future relationship with either open-ended and non-comittal, maintaining a freedom in how to proceed in developing the new season. Something they could take up if they wished, or something they could let fade wholly, ...and without need of any letters :p.

Back into playing along in the realm of the show :p. As for friends. Peyton herself said they too had started as just friends. I think people will read those scenes as they wish.

...liiiiiiiiiiike what? Shoe-horning in a storyline putting their leading characters into a relationship suddenly after six seasons just as MK's leaving the show?

I agree about about Aubrey and Peyton. Would also prefer Aubrey, if they do include a relationship for Mac this season.

RE Sela Ward's character. As soon as you said she could be another p<3ssibility, a wee Homer Simpson yelp rang in the back of my head :lol:. But. She could indeed :lol:. Hope not. Mebbe they'll have her more like Sid, ie. already having a family and the like. Mebbe she's divorced and happily unentangled. Or was never married. A single parent. Or not. Who knows. I am interested in what kind of character they'll develop, what kind of past informs her empathy and professional path, and what kind of personality they'll devise to join the team.

(Mebbe S7 will start a la S6, with a slo-mo montage of scenes without dialogue, including a snippet of Ward's character dressing in Mac's apt., then showing up for work later and realizing the fella she picked up is actually her new co-worker... :lol: :p. "...was fun, but can never happen again..." That way we could just get it all out of the way and the show could get on with itself :p)

PS. *lol'd* at your icon/locale. In a good way, I mean. Sickersnorted my coffee. Thanks kindly :p.

Indeed so.

I'd say so too. In my eye beholding, of course.

I'm looking at the show as a whole. And I was among those who did criticize the Twilight comment.

I didn't like the Twilight comment cos a) though I appreciated the humor in the comments PV made, I've simply long been oversaturated with all things Twilight to begin with :lol:; b) it's eye-rolling and in some ways rather uninspired to use an old standard play in sex and romance as a draw; c) the potential for undue weight and focus for the scenario alone, no matter how peripheral, and for cliche and anything but something original becomes an immediate possibility (which was a main worry and potential point of contention for me); d) as a promotional tool for this show, a procedural with a dabbling of multi-ep genre material, it inevitably stirs up a lot of froth, ie. lots of air, with very little substance. Which, of course, is also why it was a successful and typical way to garner the show some attention. Low risk, low cost froth, would you like sprinkles with that :p. For those more casual viewers, it was a playful lure to see who might check it out, and who among potential viewers remained indifferent. I think there are other tones of commentary that could also promote the show, but Meh. Whaddaya do.

I think the Triangle in the article was more prevalent than what appeared within relevant episodes. Hype and hooha for much ado about very little. Indeed the episodes were done with far more taste than the promo spin was. But it's rarely enough to let a show speak for itself now, is it :p.

I think adding the character of Washington X to the list is funny, along with Stella, and the couch. Really. Mac has what, six options now, if we do the math in this context? :lol:

Froth, o froth :lol:. Sigh.

One last thing I agree with:
    I think the show has managed to integrate such successfully in the past, without one overwhelming the other. So long as any future possibility is equally well done, I have no problems at all with it. For me it's also been a nice change of pace from the prototypical soap box material he's been saddled with. And it is nice to see Gary get something other to do, and that he and all the cast appreciate and relish such opportunities.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  13. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Dear El :D

i don't think it's just a reporter's poke. I remember a youtube vid and an interview to a crew member. He mentioned the sexual chemistry between Mac and Stella. I don't think he had mentioned "sexual chemistry" if the first intention would have been to introduce them just "like mere friends" God forbids!:lol:

as much i love our people, i don't think they know much the word "balance":p:lol: Just one of the reasons if Mac cannot develop the intense chemistry he had with Stella, I wouldn't want to watch him in another "romantic" and vomitive relationship. Besides Mac has never been dull. Not to me at least. You can have episodes like The Closer , Consequences or Yarzheit and not being bored AT ALL;)

Having Reed around is ALWAYS worth, I agree with you:bolian: But i don't know why Aubrey is sooooooooo necessary:rolleyes:It was very funny to have Mac sharing scenes with Aubrey in the same place he was with Stella a year before:rolleyes: It looked like a "little" forced to me:shifty: even if it was done unintentionally (which i don't think it's the case). I would have preferred of of those Lindsay's monologues:lol:

And the revelation of his hobbies was one of the best moments of S6:bolian: Also knowing his mom and dad:bolian:

I celebrate you like Aubrey. I don't:lol: and certainly i WON'T. EVER. The same about Peyton even tough it was great to have her back for an episode:thumbsup:

exactly. And after reading many interviews to Ms Veasey, i did understand so well she was joking:lol:;) Actually I love her sense of humour:thumbsup: Open???? Really?:p Personally i hope both stories fade in the Black Hole of Continuity:lol: Ok Sela's character could be added to the list, fair enough if the couch is there:lol:

Yes,I agree with you on this (another miracle in sight:lol:) And i know Sela is gonna be a good addition to the show:thumbsup: even tough i will miss Stella Bonasera a lot:( Specially for all those stories it could have been written about her and being developed around her character. Stella Bonasera is gonna be sorely missed!:(

do you want to know why? Because the show or any show for instance, isn't made for neither critics not for other writers. It's made for PEOPLE. Those faithful fans who like Mac and Stella would appreciate a little bit of compassion and care by writers and producers. Hard enough is to let Stella go, and even it's sadder to think Mac will be written without any feeling for Stella:shifty: like she had never existed. THAT'S sad. Waiting 6 seasons to loose my fav character is not easy:shifty:, and losing my fav ship is even worse.:shifty: Besides if he started a relationship with Stella (even a off-screen one) would make more sense than everything they have written about the DL vomitive circus. MUCH, MUCH BETTER)

So why is so important is to think about continuity when it comes to Mac and Stella but it wasn't so important when it was related to DL?:wtf: If it happens off screen woudl pleased poor Smackies and it would pleased to non shippers whose vocie is raised up only when It's aboput Mac and Stella but they didn't make a big fuss over DL:rolleyes:

Good. I disagree with you again. Planets go back to normal orbit:lol:

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I believe I said I was OK with anyone EXCEPT Stella. ;)

And just because I'm adding Sela Ward to the list doesn't mean I want everyone in their dog after Mac at one time. I'd love to see TPTB just pick one woman and go with that story line instead of having some big harem of women that Mac has to choose from. The last thing I want to see is some drawn out decision that Mac has to make while multiple women fawn over him. But just because there are multiple women as options for his love interest at this point doesn't mean it has to play out that way. TPTB just needs to pick a direction and go with it.

I like Mac when he has a love interest and I personally think Aubrey or possibly Sela Ward's character - depending on how she's introduced and how the chemistry is between her and Gary is - could be viable options. And Peyton is a viable option, too. I just have her in third place of my preferences at this point.

15. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

I'm not so sure about Peyton; I had the impression she returned to London.
    But that aside, whether or not I like Mac and Stella together, if they put him together with SW's character so quickly after they refused to put him together with Stella could rub only more salt into their already very deep wound. If they're smart (yeah, well it's CBS we're talking about here but still) then they don't do it and stay low key what Mac's love life is concerned. That way, if they don't kill Stella off, imagination can be kept alive for those who want Mac and Stella together and everyone can be happy, so to say.
    I think they shouldn't focus on his love life for the time being and should focus on CSI work for now. With Stella gone, they'd want to keep it simple. No soap opera, nothing.