Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Why are they always hooking up a very, very young woman with an older man..seriously..is this some fantasy playing out on Les Moonves part?:rolleyes:

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

You'd have to ask Les personally, or Carol Mendolsohn and there's Cath/Vartann, their about the same age, as were Hodges & Wendy and Mac/Stella, Danny/Lindsay, Calleigh/Alex they're close to the same age. Do you want some old fat woman who is not appealing to the major fan base, or to Nick? The show is still rocking after 10 years so I think TPTB know what their doing~

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, as for the description of the new lab tech 'smokin' hot' is probably in reference to the fact that she is an explosives expert.

Explosion? Smokin'? Get it? :)

However, I'm so sick of a young girl being paired with someone who is old enough to be her father.

Now I'm not wholly convinced that she is going to be Nick's love interest as he said himself that he wouldn't date someone he worked with.

So I hope that George would put a kabash on that. I'm hoping that it will just be a mentor/student thing, kind of like how Grissom was with Nick.

Now that I've said all that, I'm pretty much convinced that George isn't coming back.

I mean let's look at it, shall we? :D

They have started filming already or possibly next week if they hope to get the season opener done on time. Now I know they don't always shoot the episodes in order so there are three possible scenerios:

1. That George is still in negotiations and not being sure whether he is coming back or not, he WON'T be in the first few episodes. Because no matter what, the scripts for the first few episodes have been written. Yeah, they can rewrite them, but with all this concern for money, would they go through the expense of rewrites and reshoots because his contract is renewed?

2. He has signed up and they're playing the dumb act and not letting anyone know so everyone will tune in for the first episode.

and

3. He didn't renew or tptb opted not to renew and they're not saying anything because of the uproar it could cause. Then the season opener will make no mention of him or just something in fleeting and then us Nick fans will not get the closure episode that we so rightly deserve.

Ugh. :(

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  4. Desertwind

What young girl was paired with a man old enough to be her father?:confused: If it's Grissom and Sara, they're only 13 years apart in age, [hardly old enough to be her father].. according to all sources, & it worked out perfect they're married.. and I can't think of anyone else:rolleyes: And I feel the opposite, I'm positive he has made a deal and they're biding their time and the right time is their business. If in fact he doesn't come back then all he's said in the past would be very unfortunate and all fake:confused:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think it's possible that his negotiations may be in regards to him asking for some time off for his wedding/honeymoon, if in fact that is taking place sometime this year or before the end of the upcoming season. I think they're just neglecting to tell us that he's returning because they want to drive us insane with worry. LOL.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Old and fat? Wow, now that is a very offensive remark. I'm sure you've just offended many posters on this board.

Nick is 39 and if the woman was near his age that would make her old? :eek: and no she doesn't have to be thin.

Ummm actually Sara is 16 years younger than Grissom and that does make him old enough to be her father as he was more a 'father' figure to all of them.

Oh and 13 years is old enough for Grissom to be her father too.

Now Nick being 39 and mature and young twenty something is a lot different then Sara who is mature and in her 30's marrying someone who is 50 something.

Even though I don't see that match, Sara and Grissom seem more closer in age, so to speak.

Having this girl hook up with Nick would just be STEREOTYPICAL Hollywood at its best. :rolleyes:

Like I said before, Nick said he would never date someone he worked with and they should go with that. Not that this show knows what the word 'continuity' means. :rolleyes:

7. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

Poor Liz. I wish she was staying... :(

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: You tell 'em Liz

9. Desertwind

I was speaking about a character we know nothing of yet, not anyone personal, It was a valid question? I don't care about ages or anything else except the person fans are chatting about. It wasn't meant to offend anyone just a question? And once again, this couple mentioned did make it to the alter, so the ages difference really doesn't matter. Many people are far apart in their ages and their happy. I hardly think Sara thought of him as a "father figure":confused: I can't wait till George makes his statement and people will calm down:)

10. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I just cannot see Nick with a 20 something smokin' hot babe. It would just seem so out of character. I see Nick with someone who's beautiful, intelligent, somewhat closer to his age, down to earth and compassionate. Now granted the description out there is pretty vague but it still reads to me as someone who would be better geared to Greg. After all Greg did say he used to make 'little' bombs when he was younger...

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Let's get things straight.

First of all, it's a little tidbit in the TV Guide, not a script or formal announcement.

Secondly, it does not say that this is a love interest for Nick, but rather that she will be spending a lot of time with him. Read into that what you will, but it could mean anything or nothing. There's no way to know until the season airs.

And Liz, you got the shaft, that's a fact.

12. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

You'[re right of course Smokey...I was merely speculating on the what ifs...

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh, I didn't mean just you. :) The talk here is straying off into Nick's love life and the whole "younger girl/older man" topic, and that's not even what the spoiler said. Just wanted to curb that discussion a bit. :)

14. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

You know, CSIs always prided itself before on not getting too involved in the private lives of its characters, in order to focus on the forensics. I can't see that that would change now.

That article could mean anything. It might even be that Nick and this new chick don't get on, and are constantly warring with each other! Heh heh. Wait and see, guys...

15. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

Oh I understand completely...I think it's why they throw out such small tidbits that can be taken just about any way. They are devils I tell ya....:rommie:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.