Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

So… I don’t know about you guys, but it feels a kind of weird to watch earlier episodes without knowing what tptb are up to…. We don’t even know who’s is coming back for sure… for all we know there could be an entire new cast… I just can’t get it… I know I said I’m quite the optimistic , right now it’s having a temporarily small relapse in this case….

I wish I had something to do with the upcoming storylines for the CSI franchise … :cool:

2. riddick

riddick Rookie

I moved all my Wedges stuff from the PC to the external data storage and I don't feel like I'm taking it back soon...watching their scenes together and thinking how it (didn't) end makes me feel kinda (for years made) stupid...
    Weird thing is, CSI is becoming a sort of lame police drama, the science aspect has lost lots of importance and THAT'S what's killing the show. So, driving the labtechs apart is just getting closer to the shark they're about to jump.
    The upcoming one could be the last CSI season, I mean, I don't see the franchise being a Law&Order kind of show.What's the whole point of not giving a proper closure to storylines?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  3. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Not sure if something I just read in the spoilerthread should be in spoilertags overhere.. (to be on the safe side...)

I'm in a kind of blur about the direction of CSI.... with David Rambo also leaving... and if I understand also possible Carol Mendelssohn... what do they want?....

Right now I'm getting more and more curious about the creative direction, who's involved, who isn't....
    I know one thing... if there will be no wedges continuity, or worse even no Hodges.. I will have a more than temporarily relapse in watching CSI lv

4. riddick

riddick Rookie

So what's your idea about Wendy's exit? How will TPTB manage to explain her absence? Somebody says she may resign because thing with Hodges don't work out...I really hope this is just BS, what would be the point of being so mean to Wedges fans?

5. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

If the history of continuity and explaining the departure of characters by tptb is a criterion for the explaing of Wendy's absence...then I wouldn't put up my hopes too high.....:(

I guess it will be a long wait for spoilers and an even longer wait before we will know what they are exactly up to for my/our favorite ship...

Ha... if only I had something to say in the mixed up world of CSI...
    I haven't though... but I go with already is stated in previous posts... she changed swifts, because of the relationship... and she would be still existing in season 11 through the others (especially Hodges of course)
    and maybe there could be some guest appearances..:)

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Ah...do we all?;);).

But as for the future of the entire franchise....I went to a store to buy an DVD from another TV - show and the guy said: - Well shows rarely lasts more then 10 - 11 years....(which is a generation or so) and then they "call" it quits. There is shows out there like "Bold and Beatifull"...but who would want "our" show to endlees repeatition of storylines like that. CSI in general might be closing shop ...who knows....But killing off a character at this state would be pointless so I guess she moves ....(somewhere -hopefully dayshift) and then that is it.

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Sad as it is, in reality and knowing what tptb are like...I too won't have my hopes up. In actual fact, I don't think I am expecting anything in regards to the relationship.

I would like her....seeing she's going or gone, to have moved from grave to swing, to give her and Hodges a chance. And like PALMTREE suggested, if moved to another shift, it can still leave it open for a guest appearance or something....anything in season 11. Swing would be ideal, cause shifts could overlap....but again, I will not hold my breath on that idea either, cause it probably won't happen.

I can't really see her leaving because her and Hodges "didn't" work out. It wouldn't make sense. It's obvious that he likes her, she knows, and after that speech and kiss in field mice, she likes him too. So I'd say they'd try to make something work.

8. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I'm with you in the not believing the "didn't work out" thing... so if they (tptb) are playing this card.. I am sure they don't understand their own characters and storylines they've started....

and please don't get me wrong... I certainly wish for everyone their favorite character is returning for season 11...
    but it would be very strange if Liz Vassey's Wendy is the only one not returning... for a "creative new direction" her role just wasn't big enough (unfortunately ;)).. so I guess if she is the only one.... there has to be at least a huge impact concerning her departure... I'm not sure if that is reassuring :shifty:....

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Creative direction......hmmm....Well perhaps they want to try out new actors in order to have replacements on hand. Which means Archie and Henry might be out too.

But why???? As far as we know they still have a complete set of (A-) characters with Sara back. They shouldn´t be looking for new actors ASAP. New storylines??? well new storyline should never be based on new actors.(What is audience cann´t commit to the character). They could introduce characters with relation to "old" characters or plan to "kill" off one character.(Fatal disease). Love interest for xxxx or one actor is planning to leave the show and they want to be prepared.

But killing off Liz/Wendy would make no sense. At the moment the only character that would get really really affected by her death would be Hodges and in the big picture that ain´t much. But having her transfere to day would - as we stated- leave room for guestapperances. Even some comic relief if need.

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

It is very odd what they are doing, and it is a shame that Liz is going because I think there were many things they could have done with Wendy and not just in her relationship with Hodges.
    I also cant see Wendy leaving because her and Hodges didnt work out. They have built it up too much to suddenly drop it like that. It would make more sense, and be much nicer from a Wedges point of view, to have her go to a different shift so that the two of them could be together. That way Liz could possibly make the odd appearance, or Hodges could mention her from time to time. I like happy endings :)

But if they are going for a big impact from her departure, and a 'change in direction' it does seem likely they might kill Wendy off, and bring in some really dark storyline. As much as it would be good to see Wally and Liz work with some juicy material I wouldnt like this outcome at all.:(

I suppose its a case of wait and see (because Im not going to read spoilers) I am glad that they had a few nice moments this last series!

11. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

amen to this again...

the juicy material would be good indeed but with the knowing one of them not returning... or even both.. :(

Still getting more and more curious for the reasoning behind the leaving/letting go of Liz Vassey...:confused:

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I vanished due to irritability, but it doesn't seem like much has changed. We're all still irritable, and we're all confused about what's going to happen. Part of the reason for my annoyed disappearance is the fact that A.J. Cook is being forced out of Criminal Minds. Basically, in the past month two of my favorite female characters on television have been declared "dropped." Nice record there, CBS. Way to piss me off.

ANYWAY.

I can't see them killing off Wendy, if only because I can't think of a way that would make sense within the context of the finale. Unfortunately, the finale was one that could lead to an "X number of months later" premiere, which is exactly how they got rid of Riley. And that's what worries me. I'm worried that we're going to get as much of a disservice to Wendy (and, by extension, Hodges) as was given to Riley, and it seems like the reasoning behind both exits is exactly the same- there isn't one.

13. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

well .. with the "joyful" news of a new lab tech for CSI... my irritation level has reached new heights... what was wrong with the one they had?

well considering the expertise of the new one I have to agree with them who suggested there will be some negative fireworks for the season 11 opener... which also increases my suspicion for Wendy having a "definite" exit...:shifty:... and still no news if everyone else is returning ..

boy... I surprise myself for being so annoyed with all the developments lately...:cool:

14. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Wasting good ships the CBS crew have been doing. Watching SMacked go down 2012-style and now this?

:(

15. riddick

riddick Rookie

Oh, come on! We just don't understand! We're going to have perfect bodies and pretty faces to drool over like girlies and overexcited kids, everybody wants that, every show's got that. Who cares about unique characters, decent writing, smart people with quirkiness, awkwardness and flaws that we can relate to? We're out of time. Either us or the show and CSI NEVER fails, so it definitely must be us.

As you can see, I'm not pissed off at all, not in the least.