Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Jan 29, 2010.

1. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Re: Criminal Minds "The Spin-off"

Late to the party here, but I thought I'd give my insight into the "backdoor pilot" episode that they're basing the CM spin-off on.

In a word: lousy. Seriously. Pretty much ALL of the new characters annoyed me. They lack the chemistry that the members of the BAU team on the original show have. The story itself wasn't good at holding my attention. I honestly just wanted it to be over with.

And this is probably due more to personal error than the show itself, but EVERY TIME I saw Michael Kelly on screen, all I could think was "Why is the 'Y' killer helping the FBI?" :lol:

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay while this next spoiler is about one of the characters on here, it also is about a character on the orginial so therefore I am going to put it in both.

Source: TvGuide Online

Prentiss and Mick had so much chemistry in the Criminal Minds spin-off episode. Will that lead to anything?

ADAM: Now that CBS has picked up the spin-off (albeit at midseason), it's something producers are pondering. Co-executive producer Erica Messer says the writers picked up on the chemistry between the characters, but pursuing it will really depend on what shape the new show takes. "If they're working in Quantico at all, there's got to be a natural time we'll cross episodes," Messer says. "But our team is six or seven people, and that's tricky to service 14 people in an episode. Prentiss was flirty in her own way, but I don't know how much we'll pursue beyond that."

3. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I read on spoiler tv that the spinoff finally has a name, "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior".

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Meh. Not sure how I feel about that title, but then again not sure the show will last either... at least not with its current cast. :lol:

5. Destiny

Yep read that too about the name. Here are some Promo Pics of the cast

Confirming from the Criminal Minds Twitter
    -JUNE 5. CRIMINAL MINDS: SUSPECT BEHAVIOR
    -JUNE 5. How does everyone like the name of the Criminal Minds spin-off?
    -JUNE 5. CBS ordered 13 episodes of the spin so it has to get good ratings to get a back order for a complete season.

But then things could change if the first couple of eps don't go well. Not fond of the name myself either. But what they are saying for the premise of the show now and what might happen if any changes happen...

The thing is and I hate to sound like a broken record (or CD lmao) is that alot of people were down on NCIS (Jag Spinoff), not many up on NCIS LA, How about the L&O's (SVU, CI) not big on them, now TBJ (Trial by jury) really didn't go over well with me, watched that only for one person, and he was barely on there. So We are going by what we saw based on the orginial.

That is why I swear I will not in anyway compare this spinoff with the orginial, totally different actors, possibly premise. When I judge this show after about 3-5 eps, it will be as if it is not a spinoff. But rather it's own pilot.

As for the name of the thread, I want to hold off until more then the twitter and Spoilertv confirm it. Nothing against them, use them myself, for info, but to be sure, incase they say, wellllll maybe not. Or plain just change it after that. Course they could do that after others get a bead on it too. Maybe after it airs and a decision is made on it. :lol:

6. electra

electra Pathologist

I will give it a try.My only concern is that the writers may give the better cases to the spin off to gain attention.Just to be clear,the writers are different ,right?

7. Destiny

From what I understand the writers are different. There maybe a cross over writer or two but they only do that if they don't feel the story they have to tell will fit the premise of the show they are writing for.
    I think its premise is going to be similar but sounds from below like its going to be different also. So my guess is that, the writers might start out being from the main show, until they get off and running, then they will just replace them, and send them back to the main.
    I don't believe that it will disrupt the main show at all or take anything away from it.

From the "ABC Studios MediaNet"

CRIMINAL MINDS: SUSPECT BEHAVIOR stars Academy Award-winner Forest Whitaker in a drama about an elite team of agents within the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit who use unconventional methods of investigation and aggressive tactics to capture the nation's most nefarious criminals.

Unit chief Special Agent Sam Cooper (Whitaker) is a mentally and physically fierce natural leader who is not afraid to put his career on the line in order to stand by his convictions. Cooper strives to avoid political bureaucracy and has handpicked an eclectic group of profilers to work outside the confines of Quantico:
    Former British Special Forces soldier Mick Rawson (Matt Ryan), confident and handsome, works as a highly-skilled marksman with an undiluted eye for rooting out evil;
    John "Prophet" Sims (Michael Kelly), a former convict with a street-smart edge and a calm, Zen-like presence, who is determined to make amends for past sins; and
    Gina LaSalle (Beau Garrett), an attractive, tough agent armed with a cunning sense of perception.
    This exceptional group of FBI operatives is strong in their beliefs and steadfast in their mission to bring the country's most dangerous criminals to justice.

Chris Mundy, Edward Allen Bernero, Mark Gordon and Deborah Spera are executive producers for ABC Studios in association with CBS Television Studios.

8. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

If they could just have the spinoff team not have anything whatsoever to do with the BAU, not air the same night, and never do crossovers with the original show, I wouldn't have any problem with it. ;) :lol: :devil:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  9. Destiny

Well in the interview JM did (posted in the orginial) presumes there maybe a character crossover at some point. As to the same night, they could start that way and then move to their own. Or it could be like NCIS and NCIS LA. Who knows what CBS will do. :confused::shifty::p

10. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Like on NCIS and NCIS:LA they have Director Vance appearing on both shows as he's the director of NCIS.

So I could see Strauss appearing periodically on CM:SB as she's sort of the boss.

And maybe Garcia could appear on the spin off as well for an episode

11. electra

electra Pathologist

I can tell that you REALLY liked the Spin -off.:lol:JK.I completely agree becouse there was absolutely no chemistry with the BAU.

12. Destiny

I got to thinking about the lack of chemistry that you all have mentioned, I am wondering if that wasn't intentional. Think about it. They don't want the show to be too much like the orginial, (sort of the JAG vs NCIS similar but not the same Lawyers investigate vs agents investigate). This way fan see the two shows as somewhat similar, and yet different. Hmm.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Well, at first they were saying that Mick is supposed to have a crush or something on the girl (can't recall her name), but that may have changed judging by him flirting with Emily in the episode (which I only saw the last few minutes of due to storm coverage). Anyone know when that ep will air again?

14. Destiny

Unknown at this time, I got that info you were looking for. See your pm's.

15. GregNickRyanFan

I hope they do re-air the episode because I need to tape it so my dad can watch. He doesn't get CBS where he lives and he doesn't have a computer, so he can't watch it online either. :lol: