American Idol

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ziggystarduzt, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That article is so biased & false, and absurb. I never ever remember Ellen talking about her sexual preference nor gay rights. She brought a comedic relief to "AI" and the 'ratings' were the top shows out of 20 with the last weeks bringing in on Wednesday No.1 24,215 million fans at at No. 2 "AI" on Tuesday with 20,072 milliion I don't care about anyones sexual preferences if their gay or straight as long as their a fair judge on the show................. And GNRF I didn't get to see if Larry had on the re-run show with them all, so it was ANDREW:eek: even Larry goes "WHAT, the husband and the dad":wtf: so who knew Andrew was a big flirt?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I am sorry but reading that article made me laugh. The way the writer wrote it. It was just too funny. I could quote some parts but I am not going to quote the whole thing. Kudos to Darren Franich, for writing this and making sure that people knew that the person who made those comments about Ellen was a big bad person. But did so in a comical way or as I call it the comical slap at the person. :lol:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks for info on the flirt of the group, DW. I didn't have a clue. Andrew? Really? Wow! Never would have guessed that one. :lol:

About the ratings decline, I think that the ratings issue was mostly due to Paula's absence. There are many people who said they didn't watch this year because she wasn't there anymore.

4. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Or maybe because there wasn't much excitement over the outcome?

5. Desertwind

I don't know what the 'ratings decline' mean. :confused:It came in the top show every week. Also some other adjectives from the kids on each other . The nicest Arron, the most friendly Michael, the sweetest Tim, the shyest Casey, and they were all so cute, smiling:D

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

DW if you go back through last years numbers, maybe the ones before that, and then look at them along with this years numbers you might see that this year is lower then the previous years, this may include the age demo, the night demo, and so on. Thats what they ususally mean by "decline". Most are after the season ends the overall ratings.

Thing is most shows go through this, they may have great numbers for the first couple seasons, and then drop a little and then a little more, and more, have a bad dip, then go up, up again, then level out.

AI might have been up there, then dipped and is beginning to level out. Most critics see a level out as the world ending lol. It's really sad is what it is because that means while they may be losing some, replacing with others, they are staying constant. I would rather a show stay constant then rise and fall all the time, cause that is just one of the things that a network looks at when determining whether or not to bring it back.

7. Desertwind

From the new TV Guide dated June 21-July 4, letters to the editors. A fan posted this~to each ones own, I also thought she should have won, but I like Lee;)

For the second time in two years, "AI" has chosen the wrong person that won. Lee DeWyze is the next Taylor Hicks. Crystal should have won:confused:
    name witheld
    Norwalk, Conn.

8. Desertwind

THe whole gang was on "GOOD MORNING AMERICA" this morning, caught the last song, [never heard it before] but they all looked great and are so happy:bolian: and it looks like Crystal fnally got her two missing teeth replaced, so much better:D The bad news is, they've cancelled 7 shows on their tour, due to lack of ticket sales :(

9. Desertwind

From the new TV Guide, dated July 19-Aug. 1 a tid-bit about "AI"~

AMERICAN IDOL TOUR HITS A SOUR NOTE

After a season of dipping ratings and eroding voting enthusiasm for FOX's American Idol, the American Idol Live! Tour-once one of the hottest summer concert tickets featuring the seasons Top 10 singers, including this year's finalists Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox, cut it's schedule short only a week after launching. Promoter Live Nation dropped the 51-stop tour down to 44 dates, cancelling appearances in several cities and rescheduling others. While there's been no official word to explain the curtailed schedule, poor ticket sales are likely. Insiders close to the tour tell TV Guide Magazine the cuts were "not entirely due to low ticket sales". This year's intial state was more ambitious than previous seasons, adds an insider, and the revamped dates puts the 2010 tour "right in the wheelhouse of previous tours"

Scott Huver..writer for TV Guide~

10. Desertwind

11. GregNickRyanFan

Any word on a replacement for Simon? I'm still hearing that Bret Michaels is a serious contender. I'd love it if he was on there. :) He already has judging experience from when he was a judge on Nashville Star which is basically American Idol Gone Country lol.

12. Desertwind

I haven't hear a thing about anyone replacing Simon, yet..I think Bret would be cool, but he's on tour, now that his health is back on track~

13. Desertwind

According to this site Chris Isaak is in the top of the list for replacing Simon~

LINK

14. GregNickRyanFan

God I hope not! I don't like him.

15. Desertwind

I know absolutely nothing about him, [although he does resemble my son-in-law] I don't think I've ever seen him sing, and why don't you like him? I didn't think Bret would do it because of his band and his tours;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.