How would you fix CSI: NY?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 8, 2010.

?

How do you feel about CSI: NY this season?

1. I think it's great--probably one of my favorite seasons

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  2. I think it's pretty good

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. It's so-so this year

17 vote(s)
    26.2%
  4. I'm pretty disappointed with the season

27 vote(s)
    41.5%
  5. It's so bad that I'm contemplating giving up the show

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Agreed. The show now seems to be determined to stop pretending a procedural show because it's way over PV's head to write with logic. Her speciality seems to be the soaps and she's not even good at that. :lol: She really should be fired.

I thought that's because Gary sinise has power on it's producing, but if your theory is nearer the mark, that woman is hopeless.

I definitely agree. :)

Aubrey is nothing but Mac's love life. But Peyton? I think in recent episode, she served the purpose as a momentum to draw Mac's attention to a certain crime. I've never liked her, though. And Aubrey.. She is cute! It's irony that the most useless character is becoming the most likable one to me! It's not like I want CSI: NY-MLS(mac's love story) but I hope to see her more. :lol:

Agreed. But I think now is time to focus more on the case and logic and less on the character development, unless PV admits she's not good at real crimes or logic and prefers an easier way like filling up the airtime with clich love stories and empty family dramas.

I don't know.. The reason I object Smack is that both of them are the main characters so their relationship would overshadow everything. They are sharing pretty much airtime already and their friendship and trust to each other can't be compared with the relationships they've been building with other characters. So they have deep bond, even chemistry, yes. But a couple... They go out to dinner or stop by each other's home or have outings that someone might call a date.. those things are not appearing on TV though. I think they are already doing it. I rather want those things to be in backseat so they won't overshadow the other characters and even crimes- the real purpose of this show.

:thumbsup:

It goes the same with DL, I think. Anyway I agree - in a different perspective though because I don't support Smack; neither hardcored nor the fine line between friends and a couple version - with all my heart. ;)

English is not my language so I have difficulties in explaining my thoughts. So there will be some nonsenses. But I tried. :)

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

to fix CSI:NY tptb need to go back to the way the show started. it showed NY the way it really is and i related with the characters and their toughness. season 1 and season 2 and season 3 were the best story wise and character wise and the show needs to get back to that. the show needs to go back to its roots with showing real people, the kind of people that live in NY and work in the city.

i'm tired of seeing these unbelieveable storylines. i feel after 4th season the writers just took things too far or didn't write well. they made the characters into people they did not start off as.

the past like 4-5 episodes have been some of the best since 3rd season these are what the writers should be writing. i feel like the writers feel they need to be outrageous to get good ratings and to really have people talking but i think it's the well written character and story eps that get the most recognition and praise.

the whole problem with NY has been the writing most definitely. if the writing comes together and gets better then there won't be a problem anymore. there's nothing wrong with the actors, it's the material they are given.

so writers if you read this get on it and write better stories.

3. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

I didn't realize that NY has this many producers.

producer Gary Sinise
    co-executive producer Trey Callaway
    co-executive producer Zachary Reiter
    executive producer Wendy Battles
    executive producer Peter M. Lenkov
    executive producer Jonathan Littman

In the ending credit;
    executive producers;
    Anthony E. Wuiker
    Ann Donahue
    Carol Mendelsohn
    Pam Veasay

10! Maybe too many cooks spoil the broth?

4. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

You forgot one. At the end of the last scene the screen goes black then this white writing comes up that says:
    Executive Producer
    Jerry Bruckheimer

By my count that's...:eek:...11.
    Way too many producers.:klingon:

5. BRONX_75250

BRONX_75250 Victim

- Show me a "day in the life of Flack". Also, get him a promotion. Let him take the "Sergeant" exam at the begginning of S7 and the "Lieutenant" one at the end. FFS, his own father was a NYPD "mover and shaker" back in the day. There's no way he wouldn't have a higher rank than "Third Grade Det." by now.

-Ditto for Sid. Just show me one day of his life. That would be fun.

-For Mac, forget his "I don't like the game of politics" stance and make him "play politics (again)". FFS, he is part of the NYPD aka "the brotherhood" so there's no way he's "clean cut" and also he was handpicked / appointed by Rudy Guiliani back in 94 or 95 to become Cheif of the Lab (there's even a picture with both of them shaking hands...in Mac's office) so, cmon...of course he KNOWS how to play "NYC politics". Make him interact with the Commissioner or with Chief of Police, that would make sense due to Mac's rank inside the department.

-For the series as a whole: Go back to S1. Give me plots the involves "murder, seduction and betray / deceit". Write episodes that end with a / several "twist(s)". In my humble opinion, the *only* way you can achieve what I typed is if you let your best writer to do the work and that guy is: Zachary Reiter. He should write at least 5 or 6 episode out of the 23 / 24.

-For Mac / Stella: Make it official. But, you have to show me the relationship between those two from Mac's perspective (especially the "morning after", if you decide to go with that). And, if they have to fight, once they get together, then, by all means, let 'em fight. But, give them a *good* reason to do so. How about this case: the victim is a NYPD officer, the suspect; a Marine. (So, which side is gonna have Mac's "loyalty", huh? Because you know Stella's gonna take the NYPD's...drama ensues).

And that's that.

6. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

Ooooh, this is a great idea!:thumbsup:

7. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Wow I missed the big guy! :lol:

8. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Two crime stories per episode.
    Bring back the old Danny and Flack(lot of drama involving these two this season).
    More character development for our beloved Adam.
    I would like to see some conflict between Danny,Lindsay and Hawkes about a possible promotion in the lab.

9. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

While I'm not gonna sit through 3 pages reading everything here, I can hardly see anything that needs fixing with this CSI. Maybe, it's because it's not only my favorite CSI, since I hardly care for the other two, it's also one of my favorite shows ever.

I'd just like to see less of Don getting kicked in the face while chasing a suspect through an alley. Sometimes, I couldn't tell which episode it is that I'm watching with that scenario. That's gotta change.

Maybe, I've miss some episodes after Messer slept with that bimbo widow, and if Lindsay ever found out about it. I get the past episodes in SPIKE and TNT, if my T.V. reception wasn't messing up often. But, hardly any episodes of the last 2 seasons. Geez, if the writers weren't so enamored at making Danny constantly taunting Lindsay and her Montana upbringing, I wouldn't be seeing too much of the Danny/Lindsay relationship and problems after that. All while giving Hawkes and Sid and even Adam less storylines.

As of the whole Adam/Stella one-nighter, WTF???? Where did that cute blonde who was with Adam gone off to?

And yes! Hawkes does need a woman. I prefer someone he doesn't work with.

I would've changed Flack's quick recovery after that building explosion that would've cost him his life. Mac fixes his innards while trapped inside the building, and he comes back to work in top shape? C'mon.

As for seeing Mac being his structural curmudgeon self, was all fine and dandy seeing, if Payton wasn't throwing out cringe-worthy flirtatious lines so much while working with him in the lab or anywhere in the building. Geez, keep that bedroom talk where it ought to be! Hell, even Calleigh and Eric in Miami don't go flirting like that while working! Payton's return was needless, with her annoying high-pitched voice and too-British accent. UGH! I couldn't care much about Aubrey "this city is so full of rude people and the food here sucks so I'm throwing them out barley eaten!" Hunter. I'd watch this show fine without them.

I wanna see the NYPD/lab building already! If Miami can show their own building, then why not New York and Las Vegas???

If a CSI or anyone in the NYPD dies or gets killed, I'd like a good funeral, either in church or a gun salute. The bar toastings just doesn't do it for me.

That's all I can find so far.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  10. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I have already asked things for all characters but this one is specially for me

NO MORE DL CRAP:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

Probably there are people there who think they are the best since the sliced bread was created and guess what, THEY ARE NOT!:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

It's the best to show them interacting with other characters but having them playing house on screen is a complete waste:angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz::angryrazz:

Or it would be better if our people are so fond of them, they better warn us so we can turn off the TV. I hate missing one episode of my ONLY FAV SHOW but i will have to do it just to avoid an ulcer:censored:

11. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

As for going to Vegas, I would like to see Donald Flack go and see if he can lose his monkey suit. He could use some time out of the Big Apple and into a not-so-urban scenery. I'd like to see him work on some case with Nick, and even Brass. Or maybe Nick goes to New York, and see if he can put on a "monkey suit" (as Grissom would call it) or complain about the cold weather. And Danny and Don would tease Nick about it, like Danny did with Adam.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  12. Reacher46

Reacher46 Civilian

First, I'm a latecomer to CSI NY having just purchased season 1.

Having very much enjoyed, CSI Miami and NCIS, CSI NY is disappointing so when I read it gets worse after season 1, then I appreciate the insight to not waste money on the other seasons... thanks.

The specifics of my dislike are 1. Weird and too loud music backgrounds. 2. Almost totally void of humor (too morose sp). 3. Unnatural effort to make female characters tough. 4. While I've no problem with dual cases... the action transitions seemed jerky, as if they were two separate productions fitted together in the cutting room without any thought given to the whole.

So, I'd fix by lowering the background volume and picking better music, get some smiles and humor, stick with natural behavior rather than pushing macho on women, and hire someone skilled in production that can smooth out the action transitions.

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

in that case i think you'll like the other seasons more - it seemed general consensus after season 1 was that it was too dark, miserable, morose etc, and season 2 was definitely (and consciously) a lot lighter and season 3 even more so. the humour is definitely more apparent in the later seasons, and the entire tone lifted considerably by the end of season 2.

it's only personal opinions of some people that put number 1 as best, it is my personal favourite but then i kind of like dark stuff, so that makes sense. i know a lot of people who are big fans of later seasons who really weren't that into season 1, so i guess a lot of it is down to what you look for in a show like that.

14. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I agree with lisasimpson on this one.For example I think that the worst season was the first one(maybe because of it's dark nature or something),while my favorite is season 5.

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Me too. My favorite is season 5. My second least favorite is season 1 - just because of the dark/gloomy feeling which I didn't like at first. But it was an awesome season too - great stories and introduction to characters.