Calleigh & Ryan #8 - Give Me A Chance.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by karu_mila, Jan 1, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Give Me a Chance

55.6%
  2. The Diamond Bond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 'Cause He Knows Her Guilty Pleasure

11.1%
  4. Big Day Coming Up?

22.2%
  5. I Know What You Wanted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Apologizing With Flowers? Calleigh Approves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Ship of Diamond Bonds and Flowers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Don't Believe Everything You Hear

22.2%
  9. Don't Mess With the Stare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. A Perfect Match

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I thought I'd try to revive this thread.. Although it's hard because there was not ONE scene last night! *cries* I feel like we're in a CaRWash drought! :( I dunno. Were there any scenes from Monday's episode that I missed? The only thing I can think of is Calleigh letting Ryan in to see his apartment... I don't really consider that a scene though... Maybe we'll get some scenes in the finale... *fingers crossed*

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm an occassional Miami fan and from what I've seen [been watching it lately] it's Eric and Calleigh who are in love and a couple, isn't that true? This threw me off:confused:

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Stargazer- unfortunately there was a scene with them, when they were searching Ryan's apartment. I was very disappointed, Ryan turned to Calleigh for reassurance, once they had found the diamonds, and I cant remember the exact scene, but she showed doubts. She said nothing to console him, or to reassure him that they would clear his name. I dont think the Calleigh of s3 and 4 would have acted like that, they were friends- now she seems so cold to him. I know she was just doing her job, but it all seemed rather heartless. She wasnt even shown trying to clear his name.
    Sorry, but I had really hoped that this time she wouldnt jump to conclusions, like she had in WISC and when they thought Ryan had shot H.

Desertwind- Eric and Calleigh only started the romantic thing in s5, on and off, via a love triangle etc. If you watch s3 and s4 however, you will see what great chemistry Ryan and Calleigh had. They seemed more like a couple. They had flirty banter, and looked so good together. Unfortunately that was pushed aside in s5, and now the 2 of them rarely get any screentime together. And when they do, its not the same. The friendship they had in those earlier seasons seems to have vanished. And even if there was never any romance between them (which has seemed likely for a few seasons now) I loved their friendship, and that is what I really miss now. And judging from the past episode I dont think they will ever get it back.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

At one time,Calleigh and Ryan were great friends.If you look at earlier seasons,you can see what it's about. Why are you thrown off? It's no different than all the different couples we see listed for Vegas,but they're not canon are they? Or it's like all the different couples you see listed for fan fic. Actually,your posting here throws me off.
    People here are well aware that's it Eric and Calleigh.What some of us would like to see is a return at least to the great friendship they once had.Even though you are a occassional viewer,you can see that the team dynamics are screwed up.This team has the worse team dynamics of all the CSI shows.We would like to see at least some of the playfulness and sexy banter return between these two.This was very apparent in seasons 3 and 4.
    Solitaire,you and I must have been posting about the same time but you are the faster typist.

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Yeah, me and my one fingered typing dont do too badly!
    Greatfan-Looks like we have the same idea. They had a great friendship, I dont see why TPTB let that go. Its not unrealistic for someone to be dating and have a good friend who is male. Desertwind- I can see from the last episode why you would be confused. Watching the past few seasons you would never think that the two of the once had a closeness. There's hardly a trace of it now, and when it does appear its all on Ryan's side.
    Trusting that they are both back next season, I would like to see the team dynamics improve. Starting with a better relationship between our pair. Calleigh seems to have become detached from everyone but Eric, so it would be good to see her back as part of the 'team' - interacting with everyone more, especially Ryan.

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

7. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

I loved the earlier seasons. They looked so good together and they had a great chemistry. Nobody can convince me this couldn't have led to something more; but tptb had other ideas and took them in a different direction. Now I am afraid you are right and the freindship portion of that relationship may be lost forever. [/QUOTE] That's what i loved and got me into this ship in the first place. Now I don't see any of that. I wish we can get reminded of their friendship in the LEAST in season 9. Or in the next episode. If so I will be a very happy shipper! :)
    That's pretty much my wish too and if it came true, it would actually make my "CSI Miami" life. :lol: *sigh* Of course, that would happen... in my dreams. :borg: but alas I must keep hope! CARWASH FTW! :)

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's for the explanation Solitaire and greatfan So, did they [Ryan and Calleigh] have a falling out, or just lost interest? And are Eric and Calleigh living together? what if they get married like Grissom and Sara did?Where would this leave Ryan and Calleigh? Just wondering, thank's again for sharing the earlier seasons;)

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Ryan came on the show in its third season, Calleigh was his mentor. During seasons 3 and 4 they became good friends, and had lots of scenes together. Unfortunately once tptb decided to pair Eric and Cal, they really cut down on the number of Cal and Ryan scenes. I think tptb did realise what great chemistry they had and felt they had to split them up.
    Calleigh and Ryan never 'fell out.' She was very disappointed when he was caught gambling on the job and then fired. (I never really liked that scene where Cal came to him at the tv set and had a go at him) Kinda since then they have never been as close. And that coincided with the Eric thing.
    As regards the Eric and Calleigh situation- I dont care what happens between them, but I want a return to Calleigh's friendship with Ryan. Just because she is with Eric, married or not doesnt mean that she cant still have close male friends. Although as I said before, I find it unlikely that they will ever get back to that level of closeness.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That always bothered me that Calleigh is so unforgiving of some(but okay with others). Ryan has gotten help through his support group for his problem. You would think a friend would be more supportive than she has been.There is no reason really,that there couldn't be friendship again.

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ I completely agree. Ok, she was hard on him to start with and it is probably what he needed at the time, but he has sought help and kicked the habit. At one point in WISC when she asked him about his gambling she seemed to be supportive, alas that quickly went. She does seem very quick to judge him and rather slow to listen to him and forgive him. Although I dont see why. He has been nothing but supportive to her, the worst he has done is to make a few questionable decisions that havent hurt anyone except himself. I agree that there is no reason whatsoever that they cant be friends again. Ryan seems very forgiving anyway..............

12. slower

slower Lab Technician

Ryan is the youngest member of the team, and yet he is the most mature; when it comes to forgivness. I'm sure if Calleigh were to extend that olive branch; Ryan would forgive. But, I'm also afraid tptb have taken it too far.:(

I want so much to see that worderful repore they had, it was so adorable. They were so comfortable with each other and he could make her blush with one glance; this was otherwise the unflappable Calleigh. Nobody else has been able to do that; just too cute. It was too bad tptb didn't see fit to explore this.

Now I just want to see that friendly banter return.:)

13. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

^^ Yeah. I never understood why Ryan was always understanding, but Calleigh isn't. She just continues to disappoint me. I hope that TPTB will realize what a mistake their making and make them friends again. I guess they felt that Calleigh & Ryan had such good chemistry they better break them up so they can take Calleigh down the road they wanted her to go in, which is depressing, because their friendship was amazing and I wish they'd bring it back. *sigh* I guess all we can do is hope. Maybe season 9 or the next episode will be better for them.
    Well in the behind the scenes segment it's shown that Calleigh is not present when everyone falls down. So if she IS conscious and moving around maybe she'll offer Ryan some support. :luvlove: That would kinda make up for last weeks disapointment...

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

A little mod business...

First off, please use spoiler codes when discussing the finale until it has aired throughout the US.

Second, also remember to post three lines. You guys are all good, it's just a general reminder. :D

And if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you :D

Back to Ryan and Calleigh

15. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

i could never imagine ryan and calleigh together, imo she is much better suited to eric. i would actually really like to see ryan with natalia (he did like her early on) but i dunno, he dosnt seem at all a romantic??