Episode 8x23 - 'Time Bomb' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 14, 2010.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Futon Critic

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Monday, May 17, 2010
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#823) "Time Bomb"

WHEN HORATIO'S EX-GIRLFRIEND IS KILLED IN AN EXPLOSION, THE TEAM LOOKS WITHIN THEIR OWN DEPARTMENT TO FIND THE KILLER, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, MAY 17

"Time Bomb" - When Horatio's ex-girlfriend is killed in an explosion, the team looks within their own department to find the killer, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, May 17 (10:01-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS
    Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
    Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez
    Jesse Cardoza............................ Eddie Cibrian
    Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
    Walter Simmons............................ Omar Miller

RECURRING CAST
    Tom Loman...................... Christian Clemenson
    Rebecca Nevins...................... Christina Chang
    Rick Stetler............................ David Lee Smith
    John "Sully" Sullivan...................... Brad Leland
    Duty Officer Olansky......... Rashawn Underdue

GUEST CAST
    Drew Pollack............................. Brett Rickaby
    Tino Garvez......................... Ramon Fernandez
    Officer Martin Williamson................ Grant Alan
    News Reporter........................ Juan Fernandez
    Uniform......................................... Kiana Rene

WRITTEN BY: Corey Evett & Matt Partney
    DIRECTED BY: Sam Hill RATING: To Be Announced

Seems like another of Horatio's girlfriends have fallen under The Curse. :lol:

2. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

:lol: Horatio's girlfriend 'curse'!

I am so excited for this episode!!! I hate the season is ending, but they've really stepped it up... and I know this time will be no different!!! Still really hoping the team stands by Ryan for a change....

3. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

Me too BBS!! I know one thing...this waiting is killing me!! Good thing I have moving to occupy my time till then. :)

4. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I already posted this on the spoiler thread but I am so curious to see the order that things play out.

And yes, I am also for a united team in Ryan's corner as well! It would be a welcome change.

5. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Miamiwolfe, this is a reply to your discussion in the spoiler thread! LOL! Thought I'd post it here since it was about the episode! :)

I think that Walter/Jesse would be the first two to stand up for him. They have not known him in the past, and seen all the 'bad'. Walter DID do that about the diamonds, but I wonder if he were just edgy, and concerned. He didn't seem to feel that way at the end of the episode when they were in the locker room. ANYWAY, those two only know the Ryan they've known THIS year, and they haven't seen him do anything BAD at all. I'm thinking Nat would fall into the category of jumping on his band wagon too. They've stuck up for each other a good bit... Calliegh and Delko, not so much. IF they do stand up for him (which, I kind of get the feeling Calleigh at least will, she told them on the promo to let him in, or let him by, I couldn't make it out..), it will be a shock to me! He's had good intentions to many things, and they've always doubted him.

With that being said, I don't think for one second H will believe it. It's obvious his trust lies strongly in Ryan... so I don't see this being any different. I would hate to be in Eric's position. He should have refused the job and they shouldn't have let him. He is sleeping with someone he is investigating! that is crossing some sort of line somewhere!!!

(Good luck with moving, Miamifan!)

6. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

Of all his dead girlfriends, I always thought she was the one who got away but I guess she couldn't escape "The Curse".

With H, there's no escape for any woman :lol:

I'm gettin real excited for this episode! This whole season's been a blast! Was always kept in the suspense, in the adventure :D

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I am excited for this episode! Eric is definately facing the heat from his investigation in this episode. I don't blame the team for being angry at him, while it is true that he now works for someone else they still think of him as part of the team and more importantly as their friend.

8. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

funny everybody is talking about/concerned for all the team dynamics-who's gonna have who's back or turn on who-I guess ADA Nivens murder is the 'case' they will all be working on..wonder how much of the episode will be fall out from truths being uncovered and Delko having to admit what he was really doing-his 'cover' is blown now and he won't be able to investigate anyone..people aren't gonna want to talk to him about anything. No more chit chat at after work dinners/drinks-he won't be one of the guys anymore. That'll play out for next season I'm sure. This episode is going to be really good if they keep the focus on the team and all the trouble with evidence missing. I also really want to see H's reaction to suspicion on Ryan-is that a betrayal or just a misunderstanding?

9. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

ad looks awesome can't wait till it's on

10. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Why Calleigh was so close to Eric in the final scene of the previous episode?
    Unfortunately Monday night is still far away.Many answers are going to be given in the next episode.

11. CSI:Miami<3

CSI:Miami<3 Civilian

Well julia is still alive... will the curse get her?

so excited for this episode....soo much suspense...must know what happens next!:drool:

12. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Well, so Rebecca is supposed to die...why do you say about Horatio's curse? I know that Marisol died and now Rebecca, who else? Julia is alive and yelina too(well, she was more his love interest then girlfriend...)I really don't remember other H's girlfriends that died...:/

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I think there was another one in season 4 or 5 (those seasons are a blur to me) he was seeing, who was murdered and it was Walter Resdin (sp?) who ultimately did it to frame Horatio.

So we have Marisol, Rebecca, random chick in the above season and well, Julia did get institutionalized so (although she did have a pre-existing condition)... :lol: That's a lot of women around Horatio to die and/or become incapacitated. Not to mention his mother was murdered, if some want to go that far. Plus, his brother died twice :)p), Eric was shot in the head near him, almost killing him and Speed practically died in his arms so he does seem pretty cursed and that's not even counting the amount of suspects/victims/witnesses who have succumbed around him by another's hand. I suppose 'The Curse' should then apply to both genders.

Granted, it's normal for a police officer to be around death but that said, Horatio's been personally connected to a lot of tragedy and probably moreso than the other characters thus far (if memory serves).

I think it gives him a certain amount of good drama but it'd be nice if death or injury wasn't always on the plate with regards to having a personal connection to the case; Suzie and Madison, and even Kyle were great examples of that.

Digressing from my rambling, heh, it's great to see Sully and Stetler back. I'm still wondering what Sully has to do with all of this but I'm sure we'll find out; he's always seemed a bit skeevy to me.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think her name was Rachel (Under Suspicion S4; pre-Marisol). The curse hit her the quickest :lol:
    I've come to believe that they all have this curse to a certain degree. Natalia slept with her ex & he kicked the bucket the following morning then a month later Eric "died" for 11 minutes. Calleigh's man shot himself, & the longer she stays with Delko the more times he faces death as well. Jesse's wife is dead too. Personally I would stay far away from this team :lol:

15. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

I guess tptb will get rid of Julia sooner or later :p if tptb decide that The Curse should follow. As for Yelina, she wasn't as romantically involved as the other H girls, so am not expecting to drop dead just yet...

Ok, back to the epi!
    I'm slightly confused. If Ryan's gonna come back in the season finale what's the point of him being arrested in an episode before the finale?

I guess tptb kinda hype everything up & leave us desperate and speculating but when the ep starts rolling all you see is overdone meh! Like ladyjr8, I too am wondering if all of this is an awesomely huge misunderstanding or a true betrayal? Who on earth can tear SuperH to his core?

I feel that if at all there is a huge betrayal, the team on the whole's being betrayed by 1 person, not H alone. Yes, I understand that this is H & his beloved team we're talking about & if someone betrayed anyone on his team it would be like betraying the man himself but frankly the impression I got from tptb crew was that in the end H would be the victim of it all!