Renewed/Canceled/Info shows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Feb 25, 2007.

1. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Well according to both TV Guide and Ausiello per twitter NBC has cancelled Law and Order.

Looks like it won't surpass Gunsmoke as the longest running tv show in history.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

unless USA picks it up like they did CI.

3. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I read somewhere that NBC renewed Law and Order. I'm not sure.

4. Anna P

Anna P Witness

I think TNT has dibs.

5. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: EW Ausiello Files...

Breaking: NBC cancels 'Law & Order'?

Now this is what I call a Law & Order twist: NBC is declining to comment on a Deadline report claiming the network has opted to not to renew the long-running procedural for what would have been a record-breaking 21st season. If true, it means Dick Wolf will have to settle for simply tying Gunsmoke‘s record as TV’s longest-running drama series. “It’s a fluid situation,” says a source close to the talks. “It’s not a done deal.” I’m told the L&O stalemate is not expected to have an impact on the likely renewal of Law & Order: SVU and imminent pickup of new spinoff Law & Order: Los Angeles. Meanwhile, don’t count on the mothership jumping to TNT. In a statement, the net — which has been home to L&O reruns for years — said it “is not in ongoing discussions about picking up the series for first-run episodes.”

Yahoo! News: Will 'Law & Order' be axed?

NEW YORK – It's down to the wire whether "Law & Order" will be nabbing more bad guys next season.

With the official announcement of NBC's fall schedule due Sunday, the network on Thursday still wasn't saying whether the veteran cop drama will be back.

NBC refused to confirm multiple reports that the show had been canceled after 20 seasons on the air, one year short of a record.

Meanwhile, a person close to the production said talks are still going on. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because that person was not authorized to speak publicly about the negotiations.

"Law & Order," which next year would surpass "Gunsmoke" as TV's longest-running drama, has been considered likely for renewal despite sagging ratings. Its season — or series — finale airs May 24.

Yahoo News: Will 'Law & Order' live on, to break a TV record?

NEW YORK – Will the criminal justice system be alive on "Law & Order" next fall? It's down to the wire whether the venerable cop drama will be nabbing more bad guys in a history-making run.

With the official announcement of NBC's 2010-11 schedule due Sunday, the network on Thursday still wasn't handing down a verdict on the show.
    NBC refused to confirm multiple reports that the show was being canceled after 20 seasons on the air, one year short of an all-time record.

Meanwhile, a person close to the production said talks are still going on. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because that person was not authorized to speak publicly about the negotiations.

The show's season (or series) finale airs May 24, with no official closure. It will mark the departure of S. Epatha Merkerson, a cast member since 1993, but her leave-taking is unrelated to the show's future.

The series' other current stars include Jeremy Sisto, Anthony Anderson, Linus Roache, Alana De La Garza and Sam Waterston.

Despite sagging ratings, "Law & Order" had been considered likely for renewal next season, when it would be poised to surpass "Gunsmoke" as TV's longest-running drama. That achievement has been an enduring dream of the series' powerful creator, Dick Wolf, who not only furnished NBC with this so-called "mother ship" but expanded it into two still-running "Law & Order" spinoffs.

Last September, a dozen past and present "Law & Order" stars gathered in the show's courtroom set to celebrate the start of the 20th year.

At the time, Wolf said he looked forward to the show continuing another year and beyond. Then he added, "I hope we'll see you here in 2013."

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  7. Anna P

Anna P Witness

The boom has fallen at ABC http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/ V has escaped the axe; but Flashforward and Romantically Challenged haven't been as lucky. It should also not surprise anyone that Scrubs and Better Off Ted have finally been laid to rest.

8. Destiny

For A Full 2010-11 Score Card - at the Futon Critic.

Ausiello Score card

Source: EW
    Some sad news for fans of ABC’s Happy Town (Hello? Anyone? Bueller?). The poor man’s Twin Peaks is getting yanked off the air after this week’s airing. According to ABC, the ratings-challenged drama — which will be replaced with a Primetime special on May 19 and a rebroadcast of Transformers on May 26 — will return on June 2 with the first of five remaining episodes.

Source: Tvguide Online
    ABC has renewed V for a 13-episode second season, TVGuide.com has confirmed. - Besides V, ABC has renewed Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice for full seasons.

9. Destiny

I have an off Topic Question for you all, as the news flows in, should we allow this to go to 1000 posts then create a new one. OR Should we have a new one every season?

Include your answer with your discussions. ;)

10. Destiny

Yep yep yep I am triple posting, no I don't do this regularly therefore I will slap my hand when I am done. ;)

Source EW: It's Official: NBC Cancels 'Law & Order'

Yahoo News: 'Law & Order' is canceled by NBC
    NEW YORK – The venerable police-courtroom drama "Law & Order" has been axed.
    NBC announced Friday that the show would end its historic 20-year run on May 24.

For More See Links Provided.

In the above Yahoo Story the following was also mentioned:
    "NBC announced a new drama in the "Law & Order" franchise called "LOLA" ("Law & Order: Los Angeles").

It will also renew "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" for a 12th season.

NBC's full 2010-11 schedule will be officially released Sunday."

As to the orginial L&O the creator had this to say (via the yahoo story). "
    "Never complain, never explain," he said in a statement."

For more on shows:
    For A Full 2010-11 Score Card - at the Futon Critic.
    Ausiello Score card

*Now excuse me while I go slap my hand for not only double posting earlier but with one more triple posting.* :p

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

NBC cancelled Heros, Trauma and Mercy.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Happy about V :thumbsup:

Sad about Flashforward :(

I think it's ok to leave this thread till the 1000 post but wouldn't mind if you choose to do otherwise :).

13. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

i just heard that law and order special victims unit got renewed and i am so glad about that.

14. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

i just heard that law and order special victims unit got renewed and i am so glad about that.

15. Destiny

I might wait until the official info comes out completely, otherwise I would have quote people over there, or link each of their posts, thats work lol ;)
    Thank you. :)