Grade 'Unusual Suspects'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 12, 2010.

?

How would you grade Unusual Suspects?

1. A+

8 vote(s)
    17.0%
  2. A

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  4. B+

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. B

5 vote(s)
    10.6%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    4.3%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Off topic question? What do you mean when you say you watch on demand? Never heard of it. How does it work

2. Fwuzzfwuzz

Fwuzzfwuzz Hit and Run

Really loved this episode. It had a lot surprises.

Both bad guys were idiots and annoying which made me happy. I've had enough of the dual layer - they have a reason to be bad, bad guys. These guys were cut and dry. The bus coming from nowhere caught me by surpise and I was a bit squeamish with his arm in that angle.

The way Flack looked pulling him out from the bus, he probably wanted to interrogate him on his last dying breath. haha

Flack was beyond cute with that boy. The chemistry between the two was coming off in waves through my screen. When Flack found out that the kid was lying It was so heartbreaking and poingnant that I want to hug them both. Him taking the kid's cup away during the interrogation was a subtle way of expressing Flacks frustration.

I LOVED the scene with Sid and Adam. Sid with his quirky TMI and Adam in his own little world not even listening. hahaha Too funny!

Mac and Aubrey - Real *yawn* lately. 'Nuff said.

Lindsay at the cime scene "Whatever happened, didn't start here." Thank you captain obvious, Mac didn't have the whole block blocked off for no reason.

Well, A for me, I know their probably not going to have these floating episode for too long. I really think they jumped the gun on this whole Shane Casey thing. They really should have present the whole badge thing WAAAY later in the season.

3. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Finally, an episode I do enjoy! My biggest complain? The promo gave too much away.

4. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Aaron Refvem as Sam Harris is easily the best thing in this episode, and I never doubted Aaron for a second that he would pull off this performance!! He's got a boatload of talent and definitely will become a star!!! He's already made a name for himself as the beloved Morgan Corinthos on General Hospital, fans of GH has been wanting him back since he was let go to do an NBC pilot. I wish Aaron all the best of luck, he's so amazing and talented!!

Flack and Sam had great chemistry, Eddie Cahill is a master at subtle expressions, those soulful blue eyes says it all!

I haven't really watched an NY episode for a while, I only came onto this one because I saw that Aaron Refvem was on the casting list. A pretty well done episode! Especially BRAVO Aaron, he definitely carried the episode!

5. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

ON DEMAND is a channel. It has movies and tv shows you can watch. The April 21st re-run of "Battle Scars" will be available till next Wednesday night at midnight. Last week's episode will be available until next Wednesday night at midnight.

6. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Only insecure women wear jealous claws!!:)

On demand is something you can buy through your cable company. You can rewatch episodes of certian shows (CSINY being one of them )over and over.It is a level higher then basic cable.:)

Agree with that!:thumbsup: Put the Polly pure bread doll away and let see some REAL drama!:evil:

That was GREAT!! I thought he was going to beat the snot out of him for dying!!:guffaw:

Quite the wizard of wit that one.:rolleyes:
    It was good to see Adam find a major clue this time instead of Lindsey.

And Robert DeNiro was there cool!!!:thumbsup: :lol:

All in all pretty good episode always love Flack:thumbsup:

And Sid and Adam should be together more but Sid needs to do something about his podiatry issues.:lol:

7. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

First "A" of the season...

Loved the team interaction and support. Great case. The "man meets bus" moment solicited a heartfelt.."Ohhhhhhhh...ick."

Adam was great. Loved the pig moment.

And lots of Flack moments!! That mom is exactly the type of person I could see Flack with...kids and all.

I didn't mind the scenes with Aubrey. The interaction didn't seem forced or staged. You can see Mac brighten up when she's around.

Liked it alot!!

Tobin

8. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

Sorry, but this one gets a F!

I don't think I have ever felt that annoyed after a new CSI:NY episode. The story line was not only predictable, but also ridiculously irritating. Enough with all this emotional stuff already! Crying here and crying there. A few emotional episodes are alright, but season 6 contained of emotional scenes only! I hope season 7 finds its old form and healthy balance or I don't think there will be many more seasons in the future. I start to enjoy the other two CSIs more than ever, because their story lines are more thrilling and compelling and there's no constant crying or emotional break down going on.

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I enjoyed this episode.

Like a lot of you have stated Flack and Sam were adorable together. Loved all the screentime Flack got and every scene he had he delivered great performance. The story kept we wondering exactly what was going so I liked that. The only thing that bothered me about it was that the 12? 11? year old actually could pull of robbing a bank. That's why my grade dipped from A to A-. Maybe I could've bought it more if it were a convinience store or something, but a bank was a little out there for a kid to rob, IMO.

I was a little confused by Adam's duties in this episode. I think that the experiment he conducted was more fit for a CSI than a tech. What exactly is his specialty? Now I'm confused.

Mac and Aubrey... I just don't see the spark. Yeah he looks happy when he sees her, yeah they have cute moments, but there's just something lacking. It simply bored me. I don't like to be bored by couples in TV.

Oh I almost forgot the twisted arm shot. That was disturbing, I just had to look away. Very unexpected.

All in all pretty good episode. Definitely a huge improvement over last week's.

10. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

Sam was 12. I pegged Nick (who did the actual robbing) at about 14. I thought that part was the weakest plot device. In other episodes, the teller always hits the panic button the minute the gun comes out.

Convenience store would have been more plausible, absolutely, for both Nick and poor Troy "smooshed by the bus" Castro. :rolleyes:

Tobin

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Sam crying in the first scene brought tears to my eyes immediately (that usually doesn't happen that quickly lol). Very good little actor this kid is.

Flacks scenes with Sam were very nice. I really liked their interaction.

Why do they need to use those huge cameras? Why can't they use a small digital one? Is there a reason they use the bigger ones?

Mac: Who shoots a kid in the back?

Loved Flack getting Sam to smile.

Wonder how many times it took for Anna to say that long "M" word. It would have taken me a few tries. :lol: I often wonder how on Earth these actors pronounce these super-complicated words. :lol:

:lol: at Adam with the pig. Him reciting the movie lines. He is so adorkable in this scene. :adore: him.

Okay, when Troy Castro got hit with that bus, was anyone else reminded of that scene from Final Destination when that girl got hit by the bus suddenly without warning? :lol:

Glad the bank didn't press charges. The boy did take the bullets out of the gun after all, so no one would get hurt. Flack and Sam exchanging smiles at the end because Flack kept his promise of Sam being the first face Nick saw when he woke up. Nice scene.

Loved the Adam/Sid scene too.

I gave the ep a solid A. :)

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I was reminded of Mean Girls when the blonde is hit surprisingly by the bus :lol:

13. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

I have to say this was one of the best episodes of the season

- aww the mac/aubrey interactions was quite cute

- just SUCH a coincidence they are in the exact same place at the same time as the crime.:lol:

- awww poor kids

-flacks interaction with sam was very sweet

- I'm not really sure but it seems like Aubrey is quite a goody goody, it seems shes not really out of her shell yet.

- I do not trust that kid he just seems really shifty at the moment i duno why maybe it is just his reaction to the shooting and everything

- LOL at adam and the pig, he is brilliant this episode :) not that he isnt normally

- damn that was one unlucky time to run into the street, look out for the bus!!

- I knew there was a reason i didnt trust that kid!!

- love how flack is so adamant about defending him

- awww at least they did it for a real reason. no i don't know whether to feel sorry for them or angry because what they did was stupid. definitely headed towards the feeling sorry route, although seriously robbing a bank, it seems a bit far out for two good kids, ti wouln't even imagine that although to be fair i have never been put in that position. i think maybe it was the only thing the writers could come up with as motive

- 'how about my place.... i mean my pizza place' LOL:lol:

flack was adorable in this episode, and i dont mind aubrey still not too sure about her, ill have to see more. was a good episode all round even lindsay didn't annoy me too much:lol:. it felt like everyone got a little piece and it was very even not just taken over by 1 character. so happy to see adam and sid want more of that!! and more of flack!!!

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

YES!! i was going to say the exact same thing, it cracked me up :D

i'm not reviewing just yet tho, as i've only seen a really bad quality stream and i need to wait til i've seen it properly. and it might have to wait til my essay's done, or at least started...:rolleyes:

15. DetHiggins

DetHiggins Police Officer

They use the bigger cameras because they take better quality pictures. A small digital camera would not be able to take as good of a picture which would be blown up for court or whatever it's needed for. Also, the bigger cameras are less resistant to shaking, and the shutter speed is faster so they can document things faster. Plus, they look a lot cooler than the small digital cameras :p

My grade: A

The episode was good. I think the guest star who played Sam did a fabulous job of showing the atrocities associated with watching his brother get shot. Normally, I don't like sad episodes because they aren't done right. This one played out very well.

Things I didn't like (it's easier for me to spot them than things I really liked):
    -Stella coming down on Flack for wanting to believe a 12 year old kid even against the evidence. Look who's calling the kettle black.

-A twelve year old is robbing a bank? Oh sorry, it was his fourteen year old brother. Now it all makes sense... :rolleyes:

-I like Mac and Aubrey but that ending seemed out of place. It was funny, don't get me wrong, but I thought it was random.

Things I liked:
    -Adam and the pig scene. That was really funny even though Mac seems to like everything. I never pictured him as a movie buff, but that is a pretty famous movie so I'll let it slide.

-Sid and Adam were really funny. That is my excuse for letting it slide that they've already done this entrance/exit wound thing before. But it made me happy that I remembered what episode it was in.

-Mac wearing a light blue shirt again. I think the color works on him so it made me happy. I also think that it has something to do with his girlfriend because the last time I remember seeing him in one was season 4 with Peyton :p

-HAWKES!!! He's so gorgeous, and he is just amazing. Although if I were him, I would want to handle some things with Danny for not informing his superiors of that whole badge situation.

-Flack standing up for his belief in the kid. That was so great. I love that about his character. He's willing to stand up for the underdog, and he is opinionated. He isn't afraid to take on those "smarter than him", meaning more literate in the sciences. He's a cop and isn't afraid to use that type of logic. Also he looked amazing in this episode.

So all in all, it's a solid A.