Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by happyharper13, May 19, 2009.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Re: Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Par

You said it. Sara was just too needy and it was like 'poor poor Sara' :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, Grissom wanted Heather all right. ;) I still remember the scene in, I think, "Lady Heather's box", where they got real close and Heather said:

'You can always say stop' and Grissom said: 'So can you'. Oh yeah, don't tell me that led to nothing. I think Heather gave up control there and let Grissom lead. ;) Ok, I'll stop there before I get smacked for going past the PG-13 rating. :lol:

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I guess fans perceive thngs differently that's the name of the game, what one fan sees another doesn't. On Cath and Gil, I thought how awful, they so don't get one another. One ep. that comes to mind "A Night At The Movies" she goes after sitting down with the popcorn and asking what he liked he goes "I like silent movies" and her expression was like WHAT? I saw absoutley nothing anything between them except constant stress and angst. And with LH, the thing is she NEVER loved her. He was so sad and morose and blowing it at his job and realized his heart was with Sara. And it's rather a moot point at this time on the show, cause they did end up together no matter what anyone else thought~The thing that is a bit odd, is that Sara is back, but not with the man of her dreams. she hated Vegas. left Vegas gets married and leaves Paris & him to come back. Bottom line, it's all about what he thought not what someone else thought. Like if you've go a friend named Bob, and you like him, but not his girlfriend Betty. So, one person might not see the chemistry with that other person, but the one who's involved does. He was lost and confused and left his job to be with Sara no matter what else happened in his past with others. I always thought that Yo-bling were another perfect match, some others maybe didn't. I do know that the cast members all really like and respect other off screen, and that does come across on screen~

3. Selphie

Selphie Hit and Run

Grissom flirted with Cath, was atracted to LH but he was in love with Sara. I think it was the depth of this depth of feeling that made Grissom uncomfortable.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

You know, that makes good drama once a year; but in the real world, do we want a life partner that takes us out of our comfort zone? I don't think so. Especially not at middle age. Most would rather have someone who could live with us within our comfort zone, and accept us for who we are.
    I think Grissom needed someone to live within his world, and Sara, within hers. They were a good fit. It doesn't bother me that they are apart alot of the time. It's easy to romanticize a relationship, but the reality is they are two very independent people who love each other and have found a way to make it work for them.

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I think in terms of Lady Heather, that was the appeal of her. I really liked Grissom and Heather's chemistry. I think they were almost opposites. He was totally introverted and she not quite the extrovert, that was Catherine to me.

But they complimented each other, had completely different views of the world. That's what made them so compatible.
    And for it's worth, I think Grissom and Heather didn't have sex. I think there was intimacy, but sex would have only cheapened the connection they had. It was way more than sex that drew them together. That's why we 'don't really know' what happened between them. It's all subjective... ;)

Catherine was another person who drew Grissom out. Yea, they fought and argued but she was also his 'right hand woman' (as Marg said in a recent interview) so they were bound to have disagreements. They also relied on each other for a lot of things. "I'll always have your back," made it easy for them to get comfortable with each other. I did see a lot of sexual chemistry as well. But I'm glad they didn't go that route with Gil and Catherine. It would have put them in an awkward position being sort of the 'leaders' of the lab. It was way more fun watching them go at each other and the chemistry between them... but that's me.

I still say Cath/Vartann is very subtle. It's sexy in a very understated way. There is a definite attraction between them. I just hope they don't use him now as her boyfriend and they give him more stand alone episodes.

6. Desertwind

I forgot to mention what I always enjoyed and loved was the way that Grissom and Sara worked on the cases together, so much in common, in S/4"Suckers" comes to mind, so in tune so relaxed and so comfortable while examing the evidence together. He never had anything in common with the other fore-mentioned women like he had with Sara that's the "key" for a long lasting relationship. Imagine him and Cath at night, him lovin' opera and her sitting there cringing, wishing she was in a bar drinking. Did we ever see Grissom sitting in a bar unless it was working on a case, or ending up on a case. And LH and him, can anyone imagine her down on her knees inspecting bugs and gore? That was Sara's forte like it was his~

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

See I disagree with you, Desertwind. He had a lot in common with both women. Catherine is not about sitting in a bar and if her and Grissom were together he would be sitting in that bar with her. Catherine is a mother and she just doesn't hang out at the bar all the time. I do remember, Catherine and Grissom having a drink together, where he told her that he missed her 'tush' and those two and Brass having a drink together.

Yes, her and Grissom had arguments, but that's what a relationship entails, instead of Sara who would just agree with everything he said.

The fact that you only see them at each other's throat and angst is sad, because they are the best of friends and you refuse to see the relationship for what it is.

As for Grissom working a case, he was comfortable and in tune and relaxed with all members of his team. Having things in common is not the 'key' to a lasting relationship. You should have things in common, but not everything. That leads to a boring relationship that won't last.

As for Lady Heather looking at bugs and getting down and dirty, yes I could see her doing that. However, she was not a CSI so that's a moot point. The woman that Grissom ended up with did not have to be a CSI.

And let's not forget that a woman does NOT have to like looking at bugs or gore to be with Grissom. You can be assured that it wouldn't be a requirement for Grissom. If that was the case, he would fine only a few women that would be compatible for him. There is not way Grissom would expect his woman to like bugs and gore.

8. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Don't forget that GSR has been going on for a lot longer than the show has. Grissom and Sara have a long history together. They might have had the passion that Grissom and Catherine have shown each other a long time ago. A good way to describe GSR would say their relationship has matured like a fine wine, it was alright in the beginning but got better with age. :) They're beyond the typical signs of romance that people are used to like leaving love letters and being around each other all the time.

9. Desertwind

LOL, first of all Sara didn't agree with Grissom on everything, they got into ltttle spats on cases and she was her own person always. And on the bugs and gore, he did want a woman with those requirements who loved that like he did, Sara. And LH on her knees with a flashlight and a crime kit :lol: in her black goth outfits,:lol: and on her being a CSI, she wasn't but that's the kind of woman he wanted, And he had to me, NOTHING IN COMMON WITH OTHER WOMEN and I did mention the after work bar scene with Cath and Brass. On the "I missed your tush" he's a guy & all men check out other womens 'parts' Again, he is with the one he wants to be with, and I'll bet he'll return and they'll be together in their condo with Hank:p

[​IMG]

10. Desertwind

speedy this thread is not about dicing and slamming others opinions, You've got your take, and I've got mine. I said on the bar scene, that he "doesn't go to bars only when on a case or when ending on up on one" And on an episode of the bugs and gore like almost every scene or episode that they were working on a case together. Too many to name. Sara also had a brief fling with scum-bag Hank, everyone has had others in their past but they don't marry them. Again bottom line whatever happend or didn't, he's with the girl he wants to be with. And on her coming back to Vegas, Ecklie called her back, I find it odd and bizarre that she left him too, but gossip and rumors is that he will make a return apprearance. She did go to Paris to visit him as she told Greggie in "Long Ball" and she talked about him with Dr. Ray in I think it was "Unshockable" where they worked on a case together and how her and Grissom were looking for 'bugs' when they went out on a canoe. and of course all I see is Sara as he does, he choose her not the others. I don't care what others think, and it's their choice and their views, ideas and opinions, just like I have mine~thank's:bolian:

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Post deleted and I apologize. :)

I still don't get it, but I apologize. :)

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Folks, please keep in mind that this is debate thread. You are free to have your opinions and if you do post here, people comment on it. That's the point of debating.

Saying you don't care what others think is fine, just don't come into the thread without knowing people will disagree with you. That will save a lot of needless bickering and potential name calling.

Okay, so let's get this topic back onto the idea that there could be not one but two potential couples on CSI.

Would it ruin CSI? Can two people working in the same place have a good relationship?

Discuss.....

13. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Interesting question. So what you're asking is A) would these relationships have an adverse effect on the show as whole in a way similar to how GSR polarized the fan base, and B) within the show can the people involved maintain professionalism and still remain a couple? And I'm assuming that the couples in question are Hodges/Wendy and Catherine/Vartann, correct?

I don't believe these couples would have any serious effect on the show itself. Unlike GSR where the individuals involved were both leading characters, the others are not. While Hodges and Wendy are main characters now, they're not leads in the sense that Cath, Nick, and Ray are. Their screen time is limited and generally are not even seen together - so interaction between them (and the time said interaction would take away from the rest of the show) is few and far between. Which actually makes it a little more endearing (if you care for that ship anyway - which I don't).

With Vartillows, there's even less chance of them being seen together a lot. Vartann is an ancillary character who only appears in a handful of episodes each season. Again, I don't see this causing much of an issue with the show's format.

Now, within the show is another story. Both Cath and Vartann are mature adults and single parents with adult kids (Lindsey is just about there). And both work together in the sense that they understand what the other goes through, but separate enough to create a distance between work life and private life. They'll probably do good.

Hodges and Wendy may have problems though. Wendy appears to be the mature one of the two - though her methods of getting out of a date with Henry calls that into question :lol:. Wendy herself has said that Hodges isn't the best guy for her (or something like that). And I don't see Hodges being a guy who would be able to separate work life and private life very well. In it's current state and environment, I'm not confidant that this one would work out.

14. electra

electra Pathologist

^That is the reason why I don't like Wedges: Wendy is too mature for him.

IMO the key is to manage the romance storyline in a subtle way,not so much about leading characters or not.That way if you don't like the pairing, can ignore it and if you are a fan you do not have to worry about your couple every single episode becouse they have to be front and center. The main focus should be the crime with a scene from time to time to tell us about their personal lives.

15. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I think they did a decent job to equal the matureness between the two with field mice :cool: