Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. slower

slower Lab Technician

What was up with Calleigh at the end of tonights episode? Was she following Eric b/c she was suspicious? Whatever it was; the writers sure like to ride that ole horse to death.:rolleyes: Eric in trouble, Calleigh to the rescue or Caleigh in trouble and Eric to the rescue.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Whatever it is I'm sick to death of it.:angryrazz:

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok I will comment the episode, or better say, the main storyline of the season which seems to go on in this episode as well since I don't want to be accused to share my thoughts where I shouldn't :shifty:

Having said this

1) their first scene, to me, was hilarious. I had to laugh out loud. Not only they share a house, not only Calleigh forgets her laptop and comes back home from work to retrieve it, we also have to see Eric Delko with his tank investigating on the whole team in their house???? How idiot is he? He certainly has a place to work in, she certainly does know he has a job....why in the hell should he do such e secret investigation in their house? How moronic even for Eric Delko :rolleyes:

2) Calleigh suspecting something is going on between Delko and Stetler? How obvious could that be? I mean it's almost the third time there's a misunderstand and it's at least the third time Stetler and Eric are involved in this misunderstanding

3)
    First of all I almost chocked when I saw Calleigh appearing right from the point where Rebecca's body, or what's left of it, ended up....that was ridiculous. I won't even express my opinion on how Eric saved his sorry ass from that explosion 'cause that was typical Eric Delko :rolleyes:
    As for Calleigh? Was she behind that tree b/c she really thought Eric was hiding something to her? He certainly is a moron, no doubt on that, considering that almost anyone knows what he's doing (thank god he was the one who knew something on UC while he was talking to Jake :rolleyes:), but Calleigh Duquesne is a good competitor...not only she risked her life because she had to follow her dumb boyfriend, she did it because she was the one not to trust him....again!!! :rolleyes:

The interview with Marc Dube certainly give me high hopes, but with this two it's a never ending story, I must say :lol:

3. alexa

alexa Witness

why you cant comment that on the episode thread? (just asking) i don't go there because i never know when you guys are saying spoilers, just yours wish or the real thing lool:guffaw: it's just so confusing at least for me.

so this time we gonna see them in their house?
    worth it to see this episode?
    what is b/C? lolol:confused::lol:

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Don't worry, it's just there's a wary atmosphere in there and it's not how I like it to post my comments ;)

Well it could be Calleigh's house or Eric's one or they bought a new house. Honestly I don't care what house it is...well you see their living room/entrance....it looks more of a loft rather than a real house ;)

To me, nope.

Ups my bad I abbreviated the word "because" with "b/c" since that's what I usually do when I want to make a quick post ;)

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

TPTB are shoving it down our throats to build up Eric's investigation. That's how I feel about it anyway.
    As for them living together, quite honestly I don't think that scene was purposely shown to tell us that -- I think it was more of them just wanting the audience to remember that they're "together" in order to make his "spying" that much worse. TPTB don't ever think about these things -- they did the same thing with Calleigh & Jake when she said "when WE buy one" referring to a coffee machine....that didn't mean squat then, nor do I think her coming back to Eric's house for her laptop mean anything either -- TPTB throw this stuff in for the sake of "oooh", but I honestly don't think they threw it in for us to believe they're sharing rent. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the ending.... :cardie:
    Either Calleigh is one nosy little thing & followed Eric, or she knew what was about to happen so she rushed there to try & stop him from being caught in the explosion. I personally found it a little too convienant that she just so happened to be there at that moment. Maybe it's just me, but I find her actions since the diamond disappearance to be suspicious -- her little trip to the hospital with Jake (I still say that's a load of poo), her sudden desire to hang out with Walter & Ryan instead of going home to bed or home to do the nasty with Eric, & now she's there when Rebecca is killed. I dunno, just odd if you ask me.

All I can say is that I hope like hell this won't be what we have to endure for the remainder of the series -- like many others here, I'm just so fed up with these 2 & all thier unnecessary drama. Hey, I like private moments as well as anyone else, but for God's sake there are so many other characters on this show -- show THEM having private moments, or facing personal challenges/dilemmas.....Eric and Calleigh, together or seperate, are plain freaking annoying & TIRESOME!

6. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

Just saw Mommy Dearest or Deadest. Whatever the title is. :lol: The E/C "love" was overwhelming. Hmm. I do find it suspicious that Calleigh was there at the last scene. I certainly wish she'd get framed for the diamonds. I wanna put her on the hot seat! :devil::evil: Does anyone else think that the writers are putting too much thought into E/C in the past episodes? :wtf: It's like they think the'll get more viewers or something. It irks me 'cause the case is getting to a good point and other cast members are shining ( I'm talking about Natalia. ) and then suddenly, they focus back to E/C and their oh so sweet momentsssss. :rolleyes: Ever since AR's back I feel like we have to be reminded in every episode that they're together. It's getting on my nerves, really. :shifty:

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  7. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

They've been putting too much focus on E/C for a long time.

BTW, CSI Miami came in second place to Castle in overall viewers last night again. This is becoming a habit and I think it means that a significant number of adult viewers have gotten tired of all the nomance crap when they are turning in to see a crime drama.

And to make it worse, what CSI Miami has been trying to hard to do with E/C - and it's been a horrible trainwreck since they first conceived it - it's competitor, Castle is doing significantly better with actors who have real chemistry and a really interesting relationship. I think the ratings are starting to show who is doing it better!

Once fans are gone it's really hard to get them back. CSI Miami is not only showing it's age, it's no longer the crime drama that people think they are getting when they attempt to watch. It's a soap opera and with the writers CSI Miami has, it's a bad soap opera.

They put all their eggs in one basket by focusing on two characters and putting the rest in some kind of strange limbo. Viewers do NOT like what they are seeing and yet TPTB refuse to learn and correct their mistake.

They are going to drive CSI Miami into cancellation with their myopic devotion to a nomance that simply isn't working between to characters who just aren't interesting to watch.

8. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

I can't comment on E/C without it sounding like another rant. Beyond Absurd.
    The ratings are a different story. Castle beat CSI M by a hair, true, but CSI M beat Castle in the 18-49 demo significantly, which is a much more important number to TPTB and the marketing people. I have to confess I record Castle and watch later. I do like it, but it already is beginning to wear thin. I can't imagine it being around 8 years.

9. Court

Court Prime Suspect

"Mommie Deadest" had such awesome potential, but yet again, the E/C melodrama just took up airtime that could have been better spent with better writing. Personally, I would have loved to see more of Horatio in this ep since he had been the child of am abuser. TPTB are foresaking this once great procedural drama and turning it into something that should be on during the day between the Young and the Restless and the local news. It's like they are trying to make E/C the next Luke and Laura. *gag*

When oh when will this E/C crap end?:rolleyes:

10. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

To be fair, this time I didn't think the E/C was QUITE as overwhelming, but as usual, they've dumbed down the episode.

1. While it's okay for Eric and Calleigh to see each other while he doesn't work for the lab, somebody better speak up about the fact that they're involved. Every time Eric touches anything, he's compromising evidence simply BECAUSE he's involved with Calleigh! If Rebecca Nevins were ever to find out, she should pull him off the case.

2. Some thoughts on the end: In earlier years, Calleigh would be the professional police officer and secure that scene. Instead she comes running over to Delko and holds him and cries. Nice to know she cares. And what was that piece of paper on her right hand?

3. Eric USED to be professional. He would have let Rebecca Nevins know that he's involved with Calleigh, and for that reason he should have recused himself. Rebecca Nevins would have no choice but to pull him off the case or face professional misconduct charges from the Florida Bar.

Only reason I watched this one was because there were some characters I liked on there.

11. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

The two stories didn't fit together in one episode at all and I do think E/C was overwhemling. Whenever you have both of them, there is always a NEED to address them as a couple in almost every episode and this isn't necessary for the show at all. I believe this whole Delko investigation drama is another set-up drama for E/C and this whole investigation is plain ridiculous and uninteresting. :rolleyes: Another life gone - Rebecca Nevins, horrible way to die, poor thing shouldn't have been her. Somebody pressed the wrong button.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Exactly. Boyfriend or not, I don't care - anyone else would be shitting a brickhouse at the fact that Rebecca just got blown into the damn trees! But Calleigh rushes to Eric.....like he was even harmed :rolleyes:

TPTB are getting way too sloppy with this -- it's to the point where they don't even care how idiotic those two look, all that matters is them having thier "aww" gag-me scenes. Good lord, what would we have done if Eric actually had to lie there & stare at dead-Rebecca all by himself... the thought probably never even occured to tptb. No. Neither one of those 2 can face any kind of danger without the other being shoved in there to console. The show doesn't need this repetive garbage, especially now with the ratings hurting so badly & with there actually being competition in thier timeslot. It's time they stop sniffin' the highlighters & start figuring out how to save thier show....and their fans.

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Castle probably won't be around in 8 years. It's not the type of show to last that long.

But I do believe that they are doing what CSI Miami isn't. Showing two attractive people with believable UST in a smart and interesting way.

And Castle's ratings have steadily improved. They may not have pulled as many of the "target" audience as Miami, but if the writing and storylines continue as they have in the last half of this season, I wouldn't bet the farm that that won't change.

A lot of people don't take the time to read the breakdown of the numbers. And those who are not part of the so very important "target demo" don't care and in fact resent that they are considered less desired.

To continue to see CSI Miami come in second to Castle, viewers start to wonder if Castle might be a better bet. It's all perception.

TPTB are fiddlin' while CSI Miami is burning!

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Actually if you look at this cap I made from the scene (yeah 'cause I'm more professional than those two :rolleyes::lol:)
    [​IMG]

that's a keyring of what I think it's her car keys :lol:

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Or a hand-held remote that set off the bomb. :angel:
    In my dreams anyway.....