Season 6 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ I have similar hopes ;) I have to say I'm worried, though, because Miami's ratings fell really low on Monday, and it tends to do better than NY most weeks.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

PI Feedback called the show "deteriorating", which is not a good sign - it was down from the last episode, although at least it was up against a new SVU instead of a repeat (which just added insult to injury last time).

6.20 "Tales From the Undercard":

From here. (They had NY listed as #2 in overall viewers, but it's #1, so I edited what they wrote a bit.)

3. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Ouch...Now I'm really worried about the show's renewal for next season.That was a series low by far,following a series low rated episode from CSI:Miami on Monday night.

4. Ruth

Ruth Dead on Arrival

Not looking good. I wonder if the show's going to lose its timeslot next season.

5. Faylinn

I grabbed the final ratings to see if there was any improvement:

Up a little bit, but not too much.

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'm pretty sure the show is going to get picked up for next year, but I imagine it will be moved to Friday or Sunday. I think Miami is going to get moved, too--I wonder if CBS would do a two hour CSI block.

SVU is definitely cutting into NY's younger audience. Miami has fallen the most in viewership--unless I'm wrong, the viewership #s aren't so much lower than NY's usual spring #s, which I think are usually in the 11-12 million range.

7. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I can't see the show getting dropped. Even if they're 'only' getting 10 million people tune in, that's a lot of people to annoy/disappoint/let down by dropping a popular show.

Hopefully the decline in ratings will make them up their game again in Season 7...

8. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Is it coincidence that the ratings started really to drop after this long break in March? I don´t think so, though there have been breaks with re-runs in every season, but this time they put it to an extreme which gives this season a feeling of a great lack of continuity and coherence.

Still, before I´ll use the word crisis, we´ll have to wait and see how the final three episodes will do. If all goes its normal course, the ratings will improve again, so that this low was just temporary- but if not, then the producers will have to start thinking hard.

If I remember it right, S5´s ratings were never below 11 mio. viewers, so 10.229 mio. is sort of alarming, it better not gets worse.

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Lost of momentum. I'm thinking if CBS should just combine all the breaks into one, like what FOX did with Bones. All new episodes from September-February, break and resume the programming April-May.

With the recent ratings decline, I would be really surprised if CSI: NY stays on its current time slot, but I would be very happy!

10. Faylinn

Up a million viewers and a bit in the key demo...

6.21 "Unusual Suspects":

From PI Feedback.

ETA: Here are the final ratings, although they didn't really change :lol:

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  11. Grissom rules

Ratings are up a bit,but still way down compared to the first half of the season.I hope with the season finale coming the ratings will improve in the next two weeks.

12. Faylinn

Here are the numbers broken down by half-hour.

6.22 "Point of View":

That's an average of 11.31 million viewers and 2.5/7 in the key demo. (SVU had an average of 2.6/8, so NY was second overall for the hour in the 18-49 demo.) I don't like that the viewers always seem to go down at the half-hour for NY while other shows tend to get more viewers in the second half.

From PI Feedback, as usual.

13. Grissom rules

It doesn't matter anymore how CSI:NY performs in the ratings in the final episodes.The big deal for the show will be it's performance next season on Friday nights.

14. Faylinn

^^It does matter for advertising purposes. I think they use sweeps ratings to determine how much advertising is going to cost for the show. I could be wrong, though.

15. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Sadly,that's never stopped networks from canceling shows before... just look at Cold Case from this year, Without A Trace from last year and countless other shows throughout tv history.

I'm crossing my fingers CSI NY will do better on fridays, I'll certainly be tuning in, like I have on Wednesdays, because for me SVU lost its way a long time ago, while CSI NY still has theirs.