**Spoiler Lab** Season 8 - Hot Off The Magic City Presses!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Me too, jontogoisabeast! (Love your name, btw. :))

It's also interesting because in some places it is believed (in error) that the song "Ring Around the Rosy" is in reference to the Black Plague of the 14 century.

The "ring around the rosy" is said to refer to the marks that appeared on the skin of victims during the progression of the disease.

The "pocket full of posies" is referenced in several ways. Posy was supposed to ward off the plague, help to cover the overwhelming smell of the dead laying in the streets and it was also sometimes buried with the dead.

"Ashes, ashes" is supposed to refer to the bodies being cremated so that all that remained were the ashes. Also the burning of plague victims houses and the black discoloration of the skin of those who fell victim. It was also said to refer to the sneezing sound, as the one of the symptoms of the plague was sneezing.

"They all fall down" refered to the dead lying in the streets - everywhere. Over 25 million died before it was all over.

So this title really did make me think of the many incorrect references through the years to the origination of the song "Ring Around the Rosie" and if it held any significance to the episode.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ Myself & another member here discussed this same thought a few weeks ago. It'd be interesting if the nursery ryhme was part of the puzzle.

3. jontogoisabeast

jontogoisabeast Hit and Run

Ya i was studying the Pneumonic Plague for science and I clicked on an article that brought up something about the Black Death and the song and I was freaking out 'cause it reminded me of the title of the episode

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Pheunomic Plague would be an interesting twist (though a wee bit scary), if this is the case in the finale.

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Sorry for the double post.

Finale stuff from TVGuide.com

Strange... I thought the whole betrayal thing would be wrapped up in epi 23. :confused:

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think it will be, its just that ep 23 hasn't aired yet, so they're lumping info for the final two eps together.

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  7. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

After tonight's episode Meltdown, I have this heart wrenching feeling that it could be Natalia!! :wtf::wtf: Dear God, I hope not! But she was acting very strange especially after she caught Delko w/ the wire, and that she didn't go hang out with them at the end. It could just be that she doesn't trust Delko now because she suspects that he's investigating them. (Hmmm, wasn't she on that side too once?) Anyway, I hope the writers won't do that, because I like Natalia and Eva LaRue. Then again, there's also JAKE! WTF was he on tonights episode? Big deal, he was "investigating" this crime spree. But why Jake all of a sudden. Jake has been on the show for a long time, so that could fit to what AR was saying in the interview. I know Calleigh said that he was with her when the diamonds were stolen, but...she may have been his alibi. Delko always had great instincts, and it was apparant that he does not like Jake. (now or back in season 5) I think that goes beyond the fact that he is Calleigh's ex. I think he doesn't trust him. On the other hand, there's Stetler too. He showed up all of a sudden too. And isn't it strange that both Walter and Ryan were both down as being the last to handle the evidence. Stetler has never liked Horatio and it wouldn't surprise me that if he went bad, he'd want to frame Horatio or his team. (maybe I just REALLY don't like Stetler--sorry Stetler fans) Then again maybe it isn't any of them. I agree with what "Blinded by Smoke" said that AR mentioned that it was the Csi Family, not Team. I look at Natalia, Ryan, Walter, Horatio, Calleigh, Delko, Jessie as part of the team. Anyone at the CSI could be considered "family". I bet this is something the writers are doing to keep us guessing. They'd want us to suspect one of the regulars, makes for great TV and a nail-biting finale!!

8. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Well I'm not too sure that I should be saying this but if you're curious you may want to check out the previous pages as well as the old Spoiler Lab thread for those revelations. This one was only recently opened (we maxed out the previous one).

I just remembered that Eric said the theft has been going on for some time. I guess I can't help but wonder how it hasn't been brought to the labs attention until now. And no mention of Rebecca, either. Maybe I'm just too finicky over details...

9. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I felt the same way. I thought it was especially odd that she was the one who initiated the whole "Let's go out for drinks!" thing, but backed out as soon as Delko was in. I get feeling uncomfortable, like she didn't want to spend the entire time feeling like she was lying to her coworkers because she was the only one who knew about his involvement in the investigation. But what better a place to push your discomfort out of your mind temporarily than at a bar with some friends? Have a drink or two, hang out with the others, forget about wires and stolen diamonds.

Eh, Stetler's IAB- Internal Affairs. The diamonds being stolen from evidence storage falls under his his reign, because it's considered an internal issue (someone at the very least messed up, and at the worst is corrupt). He has to show up anytime that happens. He's like law enforcement for law enforcement, so to speak. So to me, it makes sense that Stetler was there, and there quickly. ;)

10. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Well ,I will refrain from commenting on the above statements. I know who betrayed H, from the last time someone said it. If anyone wants to know, feel free to PM me, but it is very spoiler-ish!!! It was removed from the previous thread, considered to be "TO much of a spoiler" with good reason!!

I do want to take the time to add, I HOPE they do NOT kill off/get rid of Nat. That would suck. She is an established cast member and I do not want to see her (Or anyone else, for that matter) go. I think maybe they are just playing up to give her a bit of a story the final few episodes. The conflict with Delko, and the hearing aid--- ect, ect. I sure hope that is all.

I just can't imagine someone major leaving. JMO, but like I said in a previous post- NY did this same hype last year with the shootout, and Danny was just injured for a few episodes. I can see Miami doing that.

11. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

:confused:can you please give me the link , where you read this, please:rolleyes::rolleyes:

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Just go to tvguide.com and do a search on CSI: Miami and you should find it. :)

13. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Maybe it's me just trying to be optimistic (I admit I won't really rest until I know Jon/Ryan will be back for sure next season) but I don't see why they have to get rid of anyone. I know that there is six CSI (Eric, Ryan, Calleigh, Jesse, Walter and Natalia) but they could run two cases in an episode and split up the team to work on each individual case. Maybe that is too simple, or not feisable I don't know.

14. clumsy

clumsy Victim

That's exactly what I'm thinking! I have always wondered why they solve only one case per episode (well, not every epi, but we never see it happen, unless the cases are somehow connected JMO), but I guess that's the writers' decision.

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  15. Vikki Roxx

Vikki Roxx Dead on Arrival

I initially thought that the betrayal part is that H doesn't really know that Delko is a mole... BUT Adam Rodriguez is confirmed as full-time team member for the next season, so it's impossible. Maybe it's indeed Ryan who's been stealing stuff...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.