The Mentalist

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Missing, Oct 3, 2008.

1. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~The info intrigues me. Might we be having a Ship Admittance?
    ~Go away camera. They're almost always annoying.
    ~Angry cop is angry.
    ~Nice job vaulting that police cordon, Jane.
    ~You're a horrible liar, Lisbon. Sure you have a life. Just like I have fun Adidas X-Wing sneakers that are $200. (Seriously, $200 for shoes? Come on! I'm not going to pay $200 for shoes just because they're cool and awesome and Star Wars!)
    ~"I swear, sometimes I think you need medication."
    ~HOLY CRAP FIRE!
    ~I bet Rigsby is wondering why it's always him with the fire.
    ~"A red herring is what you look into despite what Jane says."
    ~I'm having the same reaction that Rigsby is having to Cho's answers.
    ~The chips in the Secret Relationship Armor are starting to get bigger. And Jane totally knows, so much so that it's completely hilarious.
    ~Hee. Apparently the guy forgot that there was also a cameraman that probably wouldn't cover for the cops.
    ~Why do I have a feeling that this is a total setup? Oh, right. Because it is.
    ~"Half the building knows. The only one who didn't is glaring at you right now." Hee!
    ~"Yeah, what are you going to do?" "I'm thinking. *long pause* Go." Run before she figures something out, favorite television ship!
    ~I love how Rigsby and Van Pelt were both very confused by "We're lovers" "No you're not".

Apparently next week is... nothing. A repeat, I suppose. Which is stupid.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

*revives*

I LOVED TONIGHT'S EPISODE! (Blood In, Blood Out)

First episode of any show in a long while that had my heart pounding.

First of all, I love how (for me at least) you think that Cho is this by-the-books cop, and then bam he's this former gang member and a secret badass. (I knew he was in juvie once but I never really took it too seriously.)

Jane can talk himself out of anything, seriously. XD

I knew the boss would have SOMETHING to do with it.

The last 15 minutes had me on the edge. [​IMG] I know The Mentalist's thing is tricking suspects but I seriously thought that Cho had shot and killed that guy and was going crazy. Especially when Jane was freaking out at him too telling him he didn't admit it cuz he wasn't guilty and he didn't need to kill him. Jane's reaction scared me. xD

"I apologize for accusing you of several crimes I knew you did not commit, and for assaulting you. Repeatedly." Good old Cho. [​IMG]

Gah I just loved the episode. Love this show.

4. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Ohhh finally the Cho/Jane epi ...is a happy fangirl :alienblush:

I liked the whole epi and dynamic, but the twists about Cho didn't really surprise me:
    He was ready to bent the rules for Jane (in the Bosco epi) and he told Rigsby(?) he was in a gang.
    He never get's really intimidated and can stare down anyone, so I wasn't really surprised he can be someone who breaks a few bones....on the other hand he takes his job and his partner(s) seriously so he wouldn't just shoot somebody that obviously ....and seeing the janitor it had to be a scam - but a good one ;).

Yeah yeah i know I'm a cheap Cho/Jane fangirl, but I just love these two :
    Cho with his deadpan attitude keeps Jane sometimes grounded, he goes along with his scams but never get's caught up that easily himself.
    And was nice to see Jane coaxing Cho along this time and helping him (besides that they had to let a drugdealer go 'cause Jane just never can stay in the car :lol:).

Glad they didn't mess with poor Rigsby/Van Pelt this epi, got screwed enough last time ( but Van Pelt had a point: should have thought about the consequences befor "coming out" :p).

@luf100: yeah that line came across soooo "heartfelt" *coughs* *lolz*

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: Tv Guide Online

Exclusive: Malcolm McDowell to Guest-Star on The Mentalist

We see a serious bad guy in Patrick Jane's future: Malcolm McDowell will guest-star on an upcoming episode of The Mentalist, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

McDowell, best known for playing nihilist Alex in A Clockwork Orange, will play the leader of a twisted religious cult in which Jane (Simon Baker) gets entangled. Series creator Bruno Heller describes the character as a "great heavy."

"He seems to have his sinister tentacles in every pie, which is really mixing horrible metaphors, but he's that kind of guy," Heller tells TVGuide.com with a laugh. "We're very lucky to get someone as great as Malcolm McDowell to play that."

McDowell, who recently starred in Rob Zombie's two Halloween reboots, recurred on Heroes as the mysterious Linderman during the first three seasons and on Entourage as Ari Gold's former mentor/nemesis Terrence. Fun fact: He played the Ricardo Montalban role in the short-lived 1998 Fantasy Island reboot.

McDowell's episode of The Mentalist is slated to air April 29.

New episodes return on March 4 at 10/9c.

6. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I finally watched my first full episode of this show (thanks to Dina Meyer's appearance) and enjoyed it (as much as I could while doing some major multi-tasking).

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I like this show! I just only hope CBS will move it back to Tuesdays 9pm. I haven't watch season 2 because it's on too late for me. I watch Survivor and CSI and when it's 10pm my eyes are already tired. I don't own DVR because I can watch all the shows I like on their timeslots regularly.

8. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

I JUST WATCHED THE EPI on Thursday and was Fascinated by it I loved it I am a culinary student so the epi fit me perfectly

9. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

In case anyone didn't know, this week The Mentalist is airing at 9 instead of 10. Apparently it has higher ratings than CSI so they're switching it up.

Promo for tommorrow :)

10. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

I've been watching this for a couple of weeks now since it started to air here. It's pretty good, great show awesome storyline.

Seeing Simon Baker put my brother and me off since we saw him in a scene in The Devil Wears Prada...well atleast I think it was him ha.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  11. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

^ Yeah, that was him. He was an ass in that movie but he's better in this show! Haha. Well, he's a self loathing, selfish sadist... but he's great. Hahaha. Can't really blame him though... since his daughter and wife were murdered.

12. luf100

luf100 Coroner

That's what I remembered him from when I started seeing the ads for Mentalist the summer before the first season. :lol: But yea, Simon is awesome in this role. Patrick Jane is just amazing. :lol:

I just read back a few posts aaand...

I can't wait for the episode involving a twisted cult leader, (if that's still happening)! That just sounds awesome, I'm kinda fascinated by that stuff though. xD Plus I wanna see what Jane's reaction is gonna be to it, I love his views on all that stuff.

13. PAPS2010

PAPS2010 Civilian

Blood Money Episode #42 Original air date: April 22, 2010 An annoyed and angry CBI team has to start an investigation over again when Jane's sneaky ways causes a court case involving a confessed hitman to be tossed out the door. Please use this thread to discuss the episode.
    =============
    SEO UK

14. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Jane (Simon Baker) and Lisbon (Robin Tunney) investigate the death of a mathematical genius who was murdered by a gun-weilding clown, leading to many unanswered questions, on THE MENTALIST, Thursday, May 6 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

15. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Just out of curiosity, how do you make those spoiler boxes?