Celebrity News

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On Brett, the news today is that he's near death, unbelivable:(Maybe some miracle will save him~

*Despite his record-breaking success in music for 60 years Quincy Jones says his 7 children and 6 grandchildren are his greatest achievment in his life. Jones, 77, says it's also been 'a blessing' to have worked with such great recording artists as Frank Sinatra, Aretha Franklin and Michael Jackson, but that his #1 job was alwasy 'being a good parent'. He called his children and grandchildren "the pride of my life" "Seeing them all happy and healthy is "my Nobel Prize"~

NEWS SERVICES~

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Here's the latest on Brett Michaels:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Rock singer and TV reality star Bret Michaels remained in critical condition, but was conscious and talking with slurred speech after suffering a brain hemorrhage, his publicist said on Sunday.

The front man of glam rock band Poison was rushed to an undisclosed hospital on Friday with a severe headache. Doctors diagnosed a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage, or bleeding at the base of his brain stem.

A statement issued on Sunday by publicists for the 47-year-old singer said he was still under 24-hour supervision and in critical condition and that doctors were trying to locate the source of the bleeding.

"Bret is a fighter and we are hopeful that once all is complete, the slurred speech, blurred vision and dizziness etc will be eliminated and all functions will return to normal," the statement added.

Michaels rose to fame in the 1980s at the helm of Poison, whose hits included the ballad "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."

He was diagnosed with diabetes as a child and just last week disclosed he had an emergency appendectomy earlier this month. In a blog entry, he called it a "wake-up call to be a little bit more diligent on keeping control of my health."
    In recent years, Michaels found fame as a reality TV star in such shows as VH1's dating contest "Rock of Love" and on the current season of "The Celebrity Apprentice."

His latest album "Custom Built" is due to be released later this year and he recently recorded a song with Disney starlet Miley Cyrus

On "The Celebrity Apprentice," which was filmed several months ago but is about halfway through its broadcast run on NBC, Michaels has raised $100,000 for his charity, the American Diabetes Association, and is a strong contender to win.

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant, editing by Jackie Frank)

3. Desertwind

*"How To Train Your Dragon" continues to breathe fire at the box office, while newer releases are mostly blowing smoke. The Dream Works Animation adventure took in $15 million to reclaim the No. 1 spot in it's 5th weekend of release. "How To Train Your Dragon", opened in 1st place in late March, then dropped back into the pack. But, it has held up strongly and climbed to the top again amid a flurry of so--so-new-releases. The tale of a Viking youth and his pet dragon raised it's total to $178 million and is on it's way to becoming a $200 million hit. Premiering weakly at No. 2 with $12.3 million was Jennifer Lopez's romantic comedy "The Back Up Plan", released by CBS Films. Another comedy, Steve Carell and Tina Fey's "Date Night" held up well to finish No. 3 with $10.6 million, raising it's total to $63.5 million. Among the weekend's other newcomers, the Warner Bros. action flick, "The Losers" flopped with $9.6 million. Dsiney's nature film "Oceans" had a solid opening for a documentary, coming in at No. 8, with $6 million. "How To Train Your Dragon" nearly regained the No. 1 spot the previous weekend but wound up a close 2nd to Lionsgate's superhero comedy "Kick Ass"/b]. In it's 2nd weekend, "Kick Ass" slumped to No. 5 with a $9.5 million, down 52% from it's debut, lifting it's total to $34.9 million. Revenues for "How To Train You Dragon", were off a scant 23% from the previous weekend~

NEWS SERVICES!

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

5. hues

hues Victim

there was an interesting statement made by Kirsten herself, as she recently expressed her emotions regarding a rather bizarre fact. This is what she had to say: “No, I am not Tiger Woods’ wife, but, yes, he is in trouble.”
    Well, Tiger Wood’s troubles can take care for themselves, but for the time being, Kirsten has a weird task at her hands.

6. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I am so happy for Sandra and the baby, thogh it's bittersweet that Jesse and Sandy wanted to adopt him together. But it's also really great, because I'm sure it will help her move on. She went hiding with one family, and 6 weeks after, she comes back to publicity with another one. That woman is so strong, it's beyond words to me. She's a true role model.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: EW: Bret Michaels is 'responding well' to treatment, could resume tour next month
    Bret Michaels is on the road to recovery after suffering a massive brain hemorrhage last week, and the 47-year-old singer may be well enough to resume his tour in late May, according to a statement posted Wednesday on his website. “While additional studies are planned throughout the week to hopefully detect the exact cause of the rupture, Bret will remain monitored closely by his medical team to make sure no further complications occur,” read the statement. “He is responding well to tests and treatments. Even though yesterday was a minor setback, doctors remain hopeful for a full recovery and plan to release more specific information next Monday.”

For More See Link Provided!

8. Anna P

Anna P Witness

I feel sorry for Sunny.

9. Desertwind

That's good new about Bret, thank's Destiny and BTW, who's Sunny?

Alan Jackson country music icon will donate the profits from a performance in West Virginia to the families of the miners killed in an explosion this month at the Upper Big Branch mine. Jackson's publicist says he will perform May 22 at the Charleston Civic Center to support the families of the 29 men who died in the April 5 blast at Massey Energy's mine in Montcoal. It was the worst coal mining disaster in 40 years. Ticket prices for parts of the arena have been cut to $20 to encourage attendance. Many vendors and suppliers also have cut their fees. Proceeds will go to the Montcoal Mining Disaster Fund run by the West Virginia Council of Churches. Jackson has won 16 Country Music Association awards and was named Entertainer of Country Music~

NEWS SERVICES~

10. Destiny

They may have meant Sandy, other then that I don't know who Sunny is.

Doctor: Bret Michaels' will to live 'undeniable'

LOS ANGELES – Bret Michaels' is expected to make a full recovery, according to his doctor. The 47-year-old former Poison frontman's will to live is "undeniable," said Dr. Joseph Zabramski, chief of cerebrovascular surgery at the Barrow Neurological Institute at St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix, who has been leading the team treating "The Celebrity Apprentice" contestant since he suffered a brain hemorrhage last week.

"Mr. Michaels will continue to undergo testing considering we have hit a few roadblocks, including hyponatremia, severe cranial and back pain suffered from blood drainage, an emergency appendectomy performed a week earlier and a lifelong history of Type 1 diabetes," Zabramski said in a statement released Friday by Michaels' publicist, Joann Mignano.

Michaels, who was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 6 and underwent an emergency appendectomy April 12, was rushed to St. Joseph's Hospital last week with a severe headache. He was later diagnosed with a subarachnoid hemorrhage, which causes bleeding in the fluid-filled spaces around the base of the brain. The cause of the hemorrhage is still unknown.

"There is no doubt that Mr. Michaels' condition is serious," Zabramski added.

He said Michaels, who has two daughters, 9-year-old Raine Elizabeth and 4-year-old Jorja Bleu, "did not want his family to wake up and see him lying unconscious in the middle of the floor." He also said immediate medical attention and Michaels' "fight to stay conscious during the hemorrhage" enabled doctors to stabilize his condition.

Other doctors said it is possible that Michaels could be healthy enough to appear on "The Celebrity Apprentice" live finale May 23.

For More See Link Provided!

11. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Sunny is Jesse James' youngest who sandra was helping to raise. She no sooner gets a new little brother when the scandal hits.

12. Destiny

Actually Sandra has been a non legal mother to those kids, I don't believe for a minute that she or the kids would turn their backs on each other. Actually by the sounds of it, her [Sandra] and Jessie are trying to work the divorce out so that it is done without alot of pain, more likely because of all the kids involved. Otherwise should could have claimed alot differently the reason for the divorce.

From TMZ:
    As for grounds of divorce, the petition says, "The marriage between Petitioner and Respondent has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities that destroys the legitimate ends of the marriage relationship and prevents any reasonable expectations of reconciliation."

She could have claimed he had an affair and gotten pretty much anything, called a fault divorce, in this case she is going for a no fault type of divorce. They go faster in Texas, and like I mentioned it saves the pain for the children involved in the mess.

13. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Actually, Sandra had (or has) custodal rights over Sunny, because she and Jesse went into a custody battle with Janine Lindemulder in January 2009. I hear that Sunny is currently staying with her mother, and correct me if I'm wrong (because I don't really know about the law system), but as soon as the divorce is finished, Sandra will no longer have custody of Sunny. However, she did state that she wishes to keep co-parenting all three children of Jesse James, because she is really close to them, and also, she would like to keep some kind of relationship with Jesse (I mean, they are completely separated, but he will always be a part of her life). I also read that she said she would like Louis to experience Jesse as a dad one day. I don't exactly understand this, and I do NOT mean that they are willing to get back together, but I'm not sure how Sandy meant this thing. It's sad that they agreed on adoption together, and now Sandra has to go through it as a single mother, but it's a happy thing at the same time, because she's not completely alone.

By the way, Jesse and Sandy are selling their Orange County house, and I heard that Jesse was selling the building of his magazine store as well. I wonder if this means the end of his career, but I'm trying not to build fake theories myself.

14. Destiny

Not sure if this helps about the custody thing but someone asked this law question: If Sandra Bullock Divorces Jesse James, What Rights or Privileges Will She Have With Respect to His Young Daughter Sunny, Whom She Has Helped Raise?
    It really is a good read, non tabloid. From what they say (my take from it) Jesse has full custody of Sunny, and that Sandra helped him but doesn't lawfully have custody because Sunny's Bio mom never reliquished her rights to Sunny, and she would have had to in order for Sandra to have any parental rights to her, I do know the kids were with her while he was in rehab and that because he had full custody, while he was in there there was mention in one story that she had a temp custody order which is standard as a non custodial parent, it would allow her to seek medical attention should Sunny need it, or sign for something, etc.

Sounds to me like Sandra and Jessie talked which is good, because it will help to work things out, as for him being apart of the Baby's life after the divorce. I can see that he was there from the start maybe he bonded with the baby as she did with his kids. I know Jessie has stated that he has accepted (since being in rehab) what he did was wrong and it hurt his family and that he is to blame for it all. But from the news reports on them, the agreement to sell the house, split the stuff in it, etc plus the kids, they had to have discussed this at some point. It has been shown that they can hide things from the public eye (example Baby).
    So I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the road Sandra and Jessie continue to work out the problems (while they may never get back together) so that they can both find the closure they need and still keep the stability their lives need as individuals and as a family they once were.

As to his selling the Magazine that could be part of the split if Sandra had any monatary interest put into it. Or it could be that he is scaling down, lost interest in the magazine, or maybe its not making the money it once did and he wants out before it hits bottom. From what I understand its not because he lacks money (unless I missed something or someone reports it later) because it was once said that Jesse married Sandra for her money, but it turned out that it wasn't true, he had plenty of money from all his business's, etc. to the point he was (some say) in, around, at or above Sandra's pay bracket if you will. So basically the "he is a gold-digger" thought flew out the window.

I honestly hope that they do work it out (not the get back together, if they do thats on them) because they have so much invested right now step back take the time needed and maybe work out a friendship, they will probably be seeing each other alot especially if she is allowed (and we know she will be as reported) visitation with the kids, him with the baby, seeing each other around in general. It would be better on both of them and the children involved. IMO. ;)

15. Desertwind

I disagreee with Jesse having any part of this baby's life. NOT a good role model at all~ The sordid crap he was involved in, was abominable & he knew what he was doing & it's too horrible to even discuss. It seems she wants nothing at all to do with him, and she shouldn't. Sandra has moved on and should raise this sweet baby alone. It showed her moving into her home in New Orleans where the baby was born, good for her, and good luck:bolian:

Aretha Franklin has canceled her appearance at the New Orleans Jazz & Hertiage Festival, but organizers and fans got lucky with a replacement. Earth, Wind & Fire happens to be in the area and offered to play on the popular music festival's largest stage on Friday night. Festival spokesman Louis Edwards says Franklin told organizers on Thursday that she wouldn't be able to perform.~

Pearl Jam is scheduled to headline on Saturday and the set will be broadcast live online to Louisiana National Guard soilders serving in Iraq~

Beyonce and Jay-Z are moving to Schuylkill County, Pa! That's the rumor swirling around these parts. That the couple are planning to buy a multimillion dollar spread on 210 secluded acres in eastern Pennsylvania. No one seems to know how the rumor got started. No deed has been recorded in that courthouse, no real estate transfer tax has been paid, and the celebs have yet to request a showing according to the real estate agent listing the house~

NEWS SERVICES~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.