Calleigh & Ryan #8 - Give Me A Chance.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by karu_mila, Jan 1, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Give Me a Chance

55.6%
  2. The Diamond Bond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 'Cause He Knows Her Guilty Pleasure

11.1%
  4. Big Day Coming Up?

22.2%
  5. I Know What You Wanted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Apologizing With Flowers? Calleigh Approves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Ship of Diamond Bonds and Flowers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Don't Believe Everything You Hear

22.2%
  9. Don't Mess With the Stare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. A Perfect Match

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. slower

slower Lab Technician

:guffaw::guffaw:I have from time to time tried to pull it out of the grave; to no avail. Its like one step forward, two steps back. :) We had a few cute scenes recently; but nothing like 3 and 4. It's such a shame, b/c Jon and Emily have such a great chemistry/presence with each other. I think tptb is trying to resurrect some of those scenes for us; but to be quite honest it appears to be too little too late. They have really taken it past the time these two could have really shone and become a great romance. For me it isn't about the sex appeal; its about a deeper connection and these two had/have it. :)

2. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hey Guys, a gentle reminder...

To keep all discussion of new episode in spoiler boxes until the episode airs in the US, then you are free to discuss without the spoiler boxes.

Second, remember three lines of discussion per post. There is a lot to talk about with new episodes coming out so hopefully that won't be a problem. ;)

Let us know if you have any other questions. :D

3. slower

slower Lab Technician

Ladyhunter; I'm a little confused. Were we discussing spoilers here? Because what I (and the few before me) just posted wasn't.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I just saw this same message on another thread.I'm thinking it was a mistake because I see no spoiler discussion here.The recent post all talk of past episodes this season and previous seasons.

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Oh, it's noting against you personally or anyone else for that matter. I just posted it as a gentle reminder with all the new episodes and spoilers coming out. Does that make sense?

P.S. I live in Buckley :D

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

Thanks ladyhunter! I'm trying to behave myself; not always successful though. :lol::alienblush:

Nice to see another Washintonian. :thumbsup:

7. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I hope it doesn't die! It's very sad when threads die. Maybe all the original posters will come back if we keep the thread alive. *lures with carwash shaped cookies* (yes I have been lurking this thread for a VERY long time :p) I know! I loved that deeper connection between the two, but it's so sad we don't see that anymore or as much anyways! Maybe if we're lucky they'll work their way backwards and match the two up, which would be awesome! ;) I agree that they should also resurrect some of those scenes because it was so cute!!! :) It's such a shame that they decided to ignore such a wonderful romance, but of course TPTB and I love to go in different ship directions. This is the second one that hasn't worked the way I planned, but I STILL HAVE HOPE! Deep down I am certain that CaRWash WILL happen! I hope TPTB are just waiting for the perfect time for it!
    Were there any CaRWash scenes in the last episode? I just remember the linking arms one from 2 weeks ago. Of course, I always miss these cute little moments so don't take my word for everything :guffaw:

8. slower

slower Lab Technician

There didn't appear to any scenes between them on monday's episode. They were shown Ryan in one interrogation and Calleigh in another one; but that's all we got. That was to be expected; the epi. was about H and Kyle. So that was ok.

If they were to get together I would like it to be a lightbulb moment; when they realize how they have felt all along. I don't want it turned into a drag it out soap, and not to the exclusion of the other characters.

Cal/Ryan have always had a contincious (sp?) relationship. They have that fun flirty banter, but at the same time can have huge disagreements. This makes them fun to watch. :)

9. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

No scenes? How upsetting! Perhaps we will get more scenes in the future, because I agree, their flirty banter and huge disagreements (at times) are quite fun to watch :) Maybe season 9 will offer more CaRWash scenes, well we can hope anyways :scream:

Yes, I agree. I don't like the dragging on and on thing, it gets old and a bit irritating at times. If they do, it should be near the end, or in the middle and then pushed to the backburner (with occasional scenes) that way other characters aren't pushed to the background. Soap opera is definitely not the direction this show should be headed in. :rolleyes:

Apparently Ryan and Calleigh are caught in another fire. If we are lucky, we will see Ryan visit Calleigh in the hospital and maybe get a scene or two there. I would hate it if it turned out to be like SGIYC, because only the beginning part was good for us shippers! :(

10. slower

slower Lab Technician

I haven't posted for awhile; kind of disillusioned with the upcoming stuff and the re-emergence of Jake. Although Jon will give us a great performance in 8x23; this I know. My hope is that Calleigh will visit him and offer some sort of comfort.

Monday's episode should be interesting; looks as if our pair will have some scenes together. So I hope we get some flirtatious banter. I can dream.:thumbsup:

11. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

I haven't been on this forum in ages. Hmm anyways, yeah. Actually I'm excited so see Jake come back, he's awesome! However, with the whole Ryan scenario, I hope Calleigh offers some support for Ryan, she is his friend after all. I think the writers owe us some Carwash scenes, I mean it's been like how long since the last one? I can't even remember when it was to be honest!

I agree! I hope Ryan visits Calleigh at the hospital and it's not just what happens in SGIYC, I mean where was Ryan then? Some cute hospital scene will totally make my day! :)

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Hello. Ive been a bad shipper and not been here for ages. :shifty:
    I havent been watching all of this seasons epis, so thats my excuse (and RL!)
    I am planning to watch Monday's epi tonight. I hope there are some good Carwash scenes. I hated it in SGIY.. when they had them great opening scenes, and then that was it. No scenes together.
    Im hoping for the best for the remaining episodes
    I really hope that Cal is there for Ryan this time, and we dont get a repeat of WISC- where she sided with Eric and didnt give Ryan a chance. I have my fingers crossed that she actually trusts him, and tries to help him.

13. slower

slower Lab Technician

No Solitaire you're not a bad shipper; there just hasn't been enough to discuss. I think it may be starting to come around. This last monday's episode showed Ryan's caring side and his concern for Calleigh. He was so sweet; like he always is.:)

I really think it is going to come full circle and she is going to support Ryan this time. I think with WISC she didn't have the full picture; all she knew was he was holding things back/keeping secrets from her. Yes she should have allowed him the opportunity to explain himself. I have a personal theroy about the upcoming episodes; but I think I will wait and see if it plays out the way I think it might.

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I enjoyed the last episode. It was a shame that Ryan wasnt at Calleigh's bedside, but the concern he showed at the beginning, when she was going in the ambulance made up for it. I agree, Slower, very sweet. It is obvious he cares a great deal for her, maybe it will teach her to follow his advice and not rush into burning buildings again :rolleyes:
    I liked it when she was watching him with the sprinkler. I bet she had the same thoughts as we all did seeing him in that wet shirt :devil: Thats why she came round shortly after that :lol:
    I hope you are right about that. I really dont want to see her turn her back on him again. I wish they ahd done some follow through from WISC and had a scene where Cal found out what had happened, and apologised to him.

15. slower

slower Lab Technician

I have been a bad shipper in my own right lately.:alienblush:I was hoping for a scene at the hospital also, but it didn't happen of course. I loved when Ryan was talking to himself and said Calleigh always have to be the hero. That to me was so cute and showed how much he was thinking about her. IMO. I agree that would have revived me if I had seen him wet.

Not much to talk about from the last episode. I am hoping for some good CarWash scenes in the last three remaining. We shall see. But, with Jake back who knows?

I hope she does support him through his ordeal. I'm wondering if it all starts on Monday nights episode. B/C Rebecca, Stetler, and Sully will all be there. Can't wait.

Last edited: May 10, 2010