Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Pulled from the first post in old thread:

~~~~

As you can see I swapped 'romance' for 'storyline' -- I'm quite sure I don't need to explain why. ;)

Old thread/last discussion found here: http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?p=1065073#post1065073

2. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

1 more day till backfire

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Newsflash: We don't care.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Took the words out of my mouth.
    You're right about swapping the word "romance" for storyline. That is much more appropriate.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Originally it was stated that E/C were going to come to a conclusion about their relationship in tomorrow's episode, but I think that's been pushed back because of other ideas.
    including the return of Jake. :sigh: I still don't want Jake there for any purposes other than to be a detective. I hate that idea of them doing the love triangle thing again.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see. This will probably not be an episode I'll watch as its on. I'll probably record and watch it later after I read reviews. I always worry about mischaracterization of my favorites (namely Ryan) this season. So, I'm never as excited to watch this show as I once was.

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You're right. Now I'm wondering if we are in for further dragging out of this story.
    Now I hope there aren't cringe worthy moments for Ryan. I really wonder what the writers/TPTB are thinking?

7. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Yay new thread! anyways,
    I really hate how they're bringing Jake back into all of this. Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Jake AND Johnny Whistworth (sp?), but I really don't understand why they brought him into the show. He was an amazing detective, but I have a feeling they brought him in just to make Eric seem more like "Mr. Perfect or Right" which he's not. If you kiss this frog, you won't get a prince, you will be turned into a frog as well. :rolleyes: That's how I see the E/C storyline at least. Very suiting thread title btw. :)
    I have a feeling this story will be dragged out for as long as they possibly can, which is bad news for us. At least the fast forward button was invented, thank god. I still hate having to filter my way through a CSI Miami episode just to escape all of the "mush" I mean really. As for the "defining moment", I have to agree that it will be pushed back for reasons that we know. Or, they'll end the episode with some cryptic E/C message that no one understands (take bad seed for example) so they will drag it out again. :rolleyes: *sigh*
    I hope to see good moments for Ryan too. As for the what they're thinking, I think that they are satisfying themselves and don't really see what the fans want. I think it was said that a majority of the writers are E/C shippers (that was probably in another thread that I can't remember) so that would explain why this is dragging out so long. Of course, I could be totally off on that one. I just feel that are doing what they want and not listening to us. I mean I guess I can understand, because no matter what happens at the end of the series 2/3 of the shipper fanbase will be disappointed and 1/2 of the fans will be disappointed. Of course again, I could be totally off. :lol:

8. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

You're right, GNRF! I don't see them resolving anything related to E/C until the show is ready to go off the air. I have no doubt they plan to keep jacking with fans for as long as the show exists.

And they do it because they have no respect for us and because we are gullible enough to allow it.

I know I won't be able to deal with this episode as it plays and probably not after. Since they have created this new personality for Calleigh in the past 4 years I have been so unimpressed with Emily Procter's acting it's been difficult to hang in there. I just don't think she does drama very well. She really looks like she is acting and I've never been able to buy it. Rodriguez too. He's so over-the-top with his melodramatic reactions. It just too hard to watch and the pictures for tomorrow nights episodes look like more of the same.

Ryan has been treated horribly this season with the exception of providing him with Walter and Jesse as new friends. There is no reasonable excuse for how they've screwed with Ryan this season. It's getting old that they keep using him as the dumping boy.

And exactly where the HELL is Natalia? Eva is such an amazing talent and such a beautiful woman. How do they NOT use her?

It was so much fun watching Rex last week. It just brought home how much he brings to an episode. WHY doesn't he appear more.

These three characters will not be appearing more in season 9 and it's going to be because they'll be stretching out all the E/C crap for all eternity and everyone has to take a backseat to that! :scream:

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Please look at the thread titles carefully before posting. This thread is not the spoiler thread.

Back on topic.....

To be fair, I don't recall the producer ever saying that it would be that episode -- he commented on both events happening, but never really said which came first or if it happened in the same episode. I tend to agree that the "decision" will come later.....& that's if it even comes. TPTB are known to wiggle thier way around things & then they just let certain events do the "making-up" or "breaking up". Half the time (meh, more like 90%) it's ambiguous bullcrap anyway, as I imagine it will be this time around as well. Oh FU**ING goody, I just can't wait! :brickwall:

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think it was said that episode 20 would be the defining episode that sets the tone of their relationship for the entire or rest of the series(not exact words).Which I guess could mean anything at all ,including dragging the story out for all eternity.

12. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

13. slower

slower Lab Technician

I know that some are saying that tonight's episode might bring that happy ending (that they were promised) to the E/C storyline. I don't see it!! Closure doesn't necessarily mean the white picket fence, 2 kids and a dog. It could also mean there may be aparting of the ways.

I also read another person felt that this board would basically die if there were no E/C to discuss. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is assuming that no one else exists on the show and the whole show revolves around these two only. How narrow minded can one individual be? I just had to come in here and vent a little.

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

That is exactly what it assumes, slower. For a lot of people E/C is all that keeps them watching and so E/C is all there is for them. It is grossly unfair to the other actors working so tirelessly to give life to their characters and it's very dismissive of the importance of those characters to the show. But it's indicative of a very myopic focus of some viewers and how TPTB have catered to those viewers.

Although some will never believe it, Eric and Calleigh alone could NEVER carry CSI Miami. They simply are not that interesting.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I did post an answer back to that person. That post was ridiculous and I hope others call her on it.