Season 6 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Here we go. :)

6.17 "Pot of Gold":

From PI Feedback.

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

It's so low. I read somewhere that 2.6 is the lowest rating ever for a new episode. It's alarming somehow. I'm a little bit glad SVU didn't go up. If it did, then NY is in really bad shape. This whole thing means the two shows are fighting for the same audience. Just last Monday Miami hit a low rating too against two crime shows. I hope the 3 NY repeats starting next week would be a good strategy.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Wow, SVU is really chipping into NY's demo. That is incredibly low. I think this just makes it more likely that CSI: NY will change time slots next season if the CM spin-off is picked up. :/

I kind of wonder if both NY and Miami will move (and CSI, which it looks like they might swap with The Mentalist). I could see CBS moving both to Sunday to make a CSI block, while giving Hawaii Five-O and the CM spin-off their time slots, respectively. I guess Friday's a possibility, too. Neither night is great, but I think Sunday is more likely than Friday--and probably a slightly better night.

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Beyond any consideration for the present storyline i truly hate this sudden drop. I hope it gets better in future weeks :/
    specially because i trust we will have great storylines waiting for us and it would be a pity :/

5. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Moving the CSI's to Sunday would be the kiss of death. Won't happen. These shows are too important to CBS right now. They are doing great in syndication and around the world. Think obtimistically--they will just have to work harder!

6. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Ouch, those are low numbers for CSI: NY. Is that a series as well as season six low?

Not sure what happened, but it looks like both NY and SVU were down this week in overall as well as target demo numbers.

Looks like SVU is doing better than the Leno show did against NY though, which suggests (along with the NY ratings decrease) that SVU is cutting into NY's numbers.

Either way, 11 million is not good for a show that has gotten 13-14 million at other times this season.

Unfortunately, if they hover at the 11-12 million mark for the remainder of season six, I could see NY losing it's current Wednesday timeslot. I'm not sure which would be worse -- Friday or Sunday. Sunday might be a better night in terms of ratings (both overall and target demos). But that late Sunday timeslot sometimes gets pushed back in the Fall due to football overruns. And some people just don't stay up that late to watch when they have work the next morning.

Not the best way to go into a three week stretch of reruns, but we'll see if NY can end on a stronger note with (hopefully) six consecutive weeks of episodes at the end.

7. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

What's interesting is I noticed Miami (though better in the target demo) hit a low rating too, in the 11 milion...maybe 'cause it was also up against the original L&O plus Castle. What does it mean, though, if NY is still winning the night overall? Even if SVU is drawing some viewers away from it, they're not better off comparably (in the 5-6 millions, right?). For now, Wednesday night might still be the best spot for NY, especially compared to the alternatives.

...Or, because The Mentalist's been doing pretty well so far, they might switch its timeslot to a different night, while having either Miami or NY be led in by CSI.

8. Top41

The demo is apparently more important than total viewers, and SVU is the first show opposite NY (that I can recall) to come close to NY in the demo--let alone match it. All the CSI shows are down this season, both ratings and demo-wise.

I've heard that CBS might swap The Mentalist and CSI next season, but I doubt either would move away from Thursday night. CBS certainly won't touch the Monday comedies, and I doubt they'd move Criminal Minds, which is a younger (both in seasons and demo) show than either CSI spin-off. That pretty much only leaves Fridays and Sundays for the CSI shows if they are moved--and realistically, they probably will be. CBS will want those time slots to launch new pilots--probably the CM spin-off (on Weds) and Hawaii Five-O (on Monday). I guess it's possible if neither of those pilots is picked up (which is unlikely) and CBS doesn't pick up a lot of dramas that neither CSI show would move, but it just seems like with the fading ratings, a move is likely.

9. Top41

I should update this thread, too... ratings from PI Feedback:

10. Ruth

Ruth Dead on Arrival

Wednesday finals

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/04/0...ther-south-park-in-plain-sight-and-more/47783

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Sadly, being on up against a repeat of SVU wasn't enough to bump the ratings back up - and viewers went down at the half hour...

6.19 "Redemptio":

From PI Feedback, as usual.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

That is disappointing. If I remember it right, those numbers are close to NY's typical ratings for a repeat episode.

13. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Well, it's hard to watch TV if your head has exploded.

14. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Ok.Now I'me really worried about CSI NY's ratings.It seems that SVU has really hurt it.With these ratings season 7 will unfortunately be the show's last.

15. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Here's my prediction for tonight's episode:
    11 million viewers and a 2.8 in 18-49.I hope it will be stronger though.