Bones #3: To Resist Is Futile

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I haven't watched it either, I was going to but forgot about it and watched an 11 inning baseball game, the only upside is that we won the game lol, otherwise then I would be really upset. :D

2. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

LOVED it! It was so precious!!!!!!!

She's terrified to screw things up. I love her pushing him away because now she can go to him, which makes it priceless.

3. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

We don't have to put this stuff in spoiler boxes anymore, do we? It's been over 24 hours since the episode aired in the US. That's enough time, right?

And I suppose that's one way to look at it. Now she knows. Now she has to confront it. You're right, it's gonna turn out that she goes after him.

THAT'LL be interesting to see. ;)

4. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I wanna see her fess up, she has to. We know Brennan is scared to screw things up with Booth which is why she pushed him away, but do you honestly expect things to go back to the way they were.

AND...when Booth starts seeing someone, you know that she's gonna be jealous because this person is going to be slowly taking Booth's time away from her.

It's been two days, and yes...I am still upset about it...damn TV shows

5. Destiny

Source: TvGuide

Could I get some Bones scoop please? ADAM: Be on the lookout for Angela and Hodgins to run into a little trouble with the law. What lands them in handcuffs? "We were doing what we did on page 187 in public and unfortunately that got us [busted]," TJ Thyne jokes, referencing the mysterious sex act described in Bones' new novel. In truth, it's something much more innocent that gets them into trouble, but Michaela Conlin says time in jail will bring the couple much closer together.

6. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Oh thank goodness!

Well... not "thank goodness" that they get arrested, obviously, but that they're brought "closer together". I was genuinely worried that TPTB weren't going to pay enough attention to these two. I know that Booth & Brennan will get together eventually (during the season finale, during the series finale, whenever, it's gonna happen) but Hodgins+Angela... I was losing hope.
    Not anymore! :adore:

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, so I just watched Bones and... I can't remember- does everybody watch it Wed or Thurs? The network up here keeps changing its mind and now I have no idea when the normal night was supposed to be? :p

It was an interesting episode nonetheless, for several reasons... which I won't mention until I know it's aired everywhere! :)

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

It airs tonight for me, BabaOReilly. I think the normal night is Thursday.

9. Destiny

Thursday at 8 pm et. for me. ;)

Source: EW

Question: Do you have any new Bones finale scoop? —Katie
    Ausiello:
    Exec producer Stephen Nathan describes the episode as “the next logical emotional step after what happened in the 100th.” Adds series creator Hart Hanson: “And it’s really, really good.”

Question: Next time you see Emily Deschanel, tell her she was awesome in the final scene of last week’s Bones.
    Ausiello:
    Perfect timing. We’re actually going rollerblading later this week, so I’ll be sure to give her the message. Speaking of The Scene, Deschanel confesses it was a challenge to pull off. “But it was an important scene so we had to nail it,” she adds. “It is pretty rare that we see [Brennan] cry. The season finale of the first season was a pretty upsetting moment. I don’t have to get that emotional very often. She holds everything in but sometimes the emotions overwhelm her and the dam breaks. I think if some people had their way I’d be crying in every episode, but that’s not who the character is at all. It is not that she doesn’t have feelings. She just holds them in most of the time.”

Question: I’m a huge Bones fan and I was wondering if there was any scoop you could give me about Angela’s relationship with Hodgins?
    Ausiello:
    Would you settle for a scoop about her relationship with her father instead? ‘Cause that’s all I got. “My dad, played by Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top, comes back on the show in a really killer way,” reveals Angela’s portrayer, Michaela Conlin. “I should clarify that. It’s not in a Bones killer way, but killer as in cool ass. He has a really great episode.”

10. BabaOReilly

Yeah, Thursdays... it's coming back to me... :p

OK, nothing to see here then. Move along, move along! :lol: (Sorry, I try not encourage spoilers, even coded ones).

11. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I loved this episode. I don't think I've had so much fun with a Bones episode before.

I'd read only a couple sentences about the storyline, so imagine my shock to see Freddie Krueger working at the high school! :eek: Then you find out he was the only one who appreciated Tempe when she was a student. It just got funnier and funnier as we learned more about how much they had in common. Some of her interests as a teen seemed to have been very similar to the traits of a serial killer. :lol: Casting Robert Englund to play a creepy janitor immediately eliminated him as a suspect. Then, at the end, I loved his comment about how those girls that smiled all the time creeped him out. I loved this lighthearted follow-up to last week's love story. Maybe Mr. Buxley could become the janitor at the Jeffersonian? Wouldn't that be a trip! Bits of Buxley wisdom each week? :guffaw:

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention how happy I am that that whole, very disturbing, Wendell/Angela thing :confused: is over.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  12. BabaOReilly

I like how fond Bones was of the janitor too. He kept saying all these creepy things, freaking out Booth, and yet Bones was smiling and thinking he was being sweet. Very cute.

I was a little disappointed that we didn't get even a little awkwardness between the two of them at the beginning though... I think a little bit before they got back into "the job" would have been good for the audience. Oh well. Still a good ep. And it looks like Hodgela might be coming back online in the near future...

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I think there was a sense of awkwardness, but on Booth's party. He didn't wanna dance to close to her because of his feelings. I hate a heartbroken Booth :(.

I loved the look on both their faces when they were dancing, almost like it felt right for them to be in that position.

Freddy as the janitor, oh that was absolutely golden. I loved it!

Angela & Hodgins, oh yeah that is so happening. I feel bad for Wendall, he seems like a nice guy. But Hodgins is right, he is in a better place than what he was in when he & Angela broke up. Wendall knows that Angela wasn't his to begin with and so does Hodgins.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

On the 100th ep, did anyone notice that sign outside that building that said something like "nothing can happen unless it's first a dream"? Is that about Booth's dream that he and Brennan were married? :lol:

15. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

It could be about his dream. IDK, you know how Hart Hanson likes to mess with us.