Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Wow! I didn't know that Jake will still be trying to get back with Cal! I love jealous Eric, he is so cute! I hope that Calleigh will tell him that she is with someone now and I'm sure that Jake, as intelligent as he is, will figure who that person is...it seems like the defining moment will be good for us, otherwise this whole EC uncertainty would go for several more seasons...

And I don't think that there is any spoiler that says that Jake will die. It's just fan speculation. I personally would hate to see him killed...

2. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I also hope that these latest spoilers don't mean that TPTB are planning to drag out the promised "defining moment" between Eric and Calleigh. CSIM can only string viewers along for so long before the show begins to alienate/bore/annoy them.:brickwall:

As hot as "jealous Eric" is to watch, I was really hoping that Hiphugger-fans would be spared any more E/C angst and drama after 8.20. Would it be too much to ask for our couple to just be madly in love and happy together, at least for the rest of Season 8? :adore: I don't know why TPTB feel the need to keep toying with us. :shifty: There are so many more interesting things that the CSIM writers could do with Jake's character, other than making him a part of a contrived love-triangle just for the purposes of prolonging the uncertainty about the future of the E/C romance.:rolleyes:

Calleigh very clearly closed the door on her relationship with Jake in the 1st episode of Season 7, and it would be grossly out of character for her to go back to him. :wtf: Plus, I never got the impression that Jake was in love with Calleigh (though obviously, he cares about her and is attracted to her). Why in heaven's name would she even consider choosing him over Eric, who is undoubtedly deeply in love with her? :confused: Even more so if we get the declaration(s) of love that we're hoping for after Calleigh's brush with death in "Backfire" (8.20).

I sincerely hope that some of these Jake/Calleigh/Eric spoilers are exaggerated (as they often are), and that Jake will just temporarily ruffle the couple's feathers. At most, Jake should just be a catalyst for Eric to step up to the plate, and for the couple to make a firm commitment to each other. Any other outcome would just be plain nuts!:scream:

3. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Personally, I think we're past the point of Eric being jealous when it comes to Jake. I think that's long over.

Didn't the spoilers say that there would be a betrayal against Horatio and that Jake plays a part in that? Maybe Calleigh has something to do with that, maybe she doesn't.

Eventhough her and Jake do have a history, I just don't think that there is going to be any romance involved in his return. Her and Eric are established. Even if we don't know the future of Eric and Calleigh's relationship at this moment.. by the time the episode with Jake airs, even if her and Eric are no longer something, I doubt she'd run into jake's arms that quickly.

It's not very Calleigh-like. Plus, she did end the relationship with him. To the point where he would understand it was over. Things can change. But I don't think there is anything to worry about...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  4. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Okay my signature says it all in song form.

I like that Jake is coming back, I sorta missed him stirring up all those in Calleigh and then that leading to Eric being all flustered. I think if it wasn't for him being there in season 5, EC wouldn't be so developed (IMO). I can't wait to see his face when he realises the two are together.:lol:

5. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

I kind of agree with what your saying. I actually really like Jake's character. I even like it when he was with Calleigh too (even though I am a hiphugger). I think that he will ultimately push Calleigh and Eric closer together.

Maybe he'll flirt with Calleigh, Eric will see this and get jealous. Then Calleigh tells Eric that there is nothing between her and Jake and Eric accepts that. Then maybe at the end of the day when the case is solved and Eric has gone home and Calleigh and Jake are still at the lab, Jake asks Calleigh out and she rejects him. Then she tells him the truth and she tells Jake that she is seeing another man. Then Jake says he understands and says his goodbyes. And as he is walking out the door, he asks if Calleigh is seeing Eric. Calleigh would ask, "how do you know?" and then Jake says that he could tell just by the way that Eric looks at her and then he gives them his best wishes.

^^This is what I am hoping would happen and after this, Calleigh and Eric would get closer. Hopefully Calleigh and Eric would stay together at the end of "Backfire" and admit their feelings, cause I would love for something like this to happen.

6. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Meh, Jake coming back for an episode....not all bothered by it. I think he's going to be partially used as a plot device for Calleigh to verbalize her feelings for Eric and as a storytelling instrument to move the investigation along. I'm just not worried about it. And, as it has been said abundantly....spoilers tend to be over dramatic. It's more for a "sound bite" rather than substance.

7. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I agree with you. I don't think it's anything to worry about. Jake probably will be used as a device or something to have Calleigh's feelings for Eric verbally put out there for us all to know.

Also, everyone needs to remember that Eric sort of tends to let his feelings escape him. At least, he's let his feelings do that in the past.. so him being jealous, isn't really a surprise and it could be over something really small. Like, Jake flirting with Calleigh. Because let's face it.. flirting is not a huge deal. It would be to Eric.

I have total faith in E/C lasting. It'd be ridiculous and predictable for the writers to, once again, throw Jake or something in the mix to stir up some kind of angst or trouble for Eric and Calleigh. We do not need anymore of that and neither do Eric or Calleigh!

8. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I also think that a jealousy agrees with Eric's character more then the lack of it. It's the only natural that he will feel a little threatened by a man with whom the woman he loves has so much history.By man, let's face it, who is also very attractive.
    I hope that means no problems for our couple, though. I hope Jake will not be a jerk but a bigger man and accept the fact that Cal moved on. I really like this character and this actor.
    For Eric it might be a difficult time - after witnessing that kiss in season 5 finale, seeing Jake coming back to fight for Cal will not be easy. On top of everything they will also 'butt heads' in professional department.That will be one exciting episode!Can't wait!

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

Eric's face gives him away everytime without having to say a word. I think poker face is a foreign concept to him. But one of the things I love most about Adam/Eric is how expressive he is with his eyes. I don't think Jake is going to be a long term issue for our couple, but knowing Jake, he will flirt with Calleigh because he can't help himself. And I think for a quick second, we will get that face...jealous Eric.

10. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Oh come on, Eric's a mature guy but when it comes to his girl, he'll get protective rather than jealous or more than jealous, because he really doesn't want her to get hurt at all. I feel all fanficy inside... but I'll wait:lol:

11. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Tonight's episode, Spring Breakdown, looks like it's going to be pretty interesting, but what I'm really excited about is that we E/C fans will finally get to see the promo for the hotly-anticipated Backfire episode (8.20). I can't wait ... I hope we get a nice, juicy preview of what to expect next Monday!

@ C.H.E.A.R.: I really hope episode 8.21 will inspire you to write a fanfic, since I love reading your stories. :thumbsup: I'm sure that Jake's return will inspire quite a few Hiphuggers-centered tales.:lol:;) Hopefully, Jake won't cause too much angst and drama for our favorite couple, so the fanfics will be happy ones.:)

12. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I'm not worried about Jake's return or his interest in Calleigh. Nothing's gonna happen between them, Calleigh broke up with him so it isn't like she betrayed him. Jake had his chance, he blew it. Looking forward to next week, Eric's back but poor Calleigh. I saw the previews, definately reminds me of Smoke Gets In Your CSIs

13. lia123

lia123 Victim

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  14. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

No Eric in the promo :S
    I Hope this is gonna be a great episode <3

15. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Hi all! Just posted the link for the Canadian promo of Ep8.20 at the spoiler thread.
    It has Eric in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.