CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

hehe, that could be good - no DL for a while (because it would obviously have to be a lead lined darkened room that we couldn't see into right?) and mac getting to save the day - maybe he could just bump them both off, snow day style with guns and sprinklers, and then say "sod it, i'm happier by myself", and leave them all to rot?

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Yea and it was only the bartender:rolleyes:

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Oh my god, Fay, that's AWESOME! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That needs to be at the top of a thread, front and center--maybe a "Do you care that much about Mac's love life?" or something. :lol:

Why can't Flack, Danny and Hawkes be in a love triangle? :p :lol:

I'm sure the Messer Family stuff is still in the finale. But so is Mac's romantic dilemma. So long as we don't see him moping for months and looking out his window everyday, I'm sure it will be fine.

ETA: Remember to be nice to the writers/EPs, even when they say stuff you don't like. Let's not talk about pulling their hair out or how they're idiots, etc. Criticism is best received--and taken more seriously--when presented maturely and without insults. And from Veasey's comments, we know they're going online to read about this stuff, so please, keep it polite! :)

4. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

:angel: So :angel: not :angel: me:angel:

But, really, TWILIGHT? In my opinion, that's one of the things that is a complete FAIL! It's just my opinion...

And this IS a crime show, so please, twilight and CSI? Nu-uh, no way. :p

5. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

Hang on ... not to change the subject, but does this mean Stella drowns and crashes her car in the same episode?

6. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Well technically she doesn't drown, unless we see ghost Stella haunting the lab, and it would really add to the weirdness of the season ending. ;):guffaw: Ahem, sidestep.(I didn't mean to offend you. I just couldn't help commenting on the weird direction this is taking)

But yes, it happens in the same episode. How come they have to beat Stella up all the time. I'm all for putting her in the center of the episode, sure it's a good storyline for her. But I agree that they could have found a better way than this.

7. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

You know what I mean by drowning - not actual drowning, but the whole Stella-almost-drowning-and-ending-up-in-Hospital-where-Aubrey-tells-Mac-she'll-be-okay thing I made a huge fuss about before. All I know now is that either the spoilers are wrong and Stella ends up hospitalised because of the car accident and not because she almost drowns in a pool (which could also mean other spoilers are wrong, which I doubt because there was evidence in pictures of Stella rehearsing her almost-drowning scene) or, like I've said all along, there's no reason to be hospitalised if she's not actually dead or injured and she'll just climb back out, fine and dandy and just a little bit dripping wet, and then get into her car where then she crashes and ends up in Hospital, where then Aubrey tells Mac she'll be okay. To have Stella wind up in Hospital because of a little swimming accident and then walk away unhurt from a crash that major would be absolutely RIDICULOUS. Underlined, capitalised and in bold. (On the other hand, to have Stella hospitalised after the dude almost drowns her and then hospitalised again after the crash would be bloody hilarious.) Before I saw the preview of the crash, I assumed that, as she did after being pushed down a dark stairwell by a black-clad stranger and shoved into a brick wall, she'd just climb right back out again, wave her gun, look around for him, realise he's long gone and either call him a bastard of a son of a bitch.

Now, I'm just confused.

:D

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It's definitely possible that they changed it, Burlesque - near-drowning and a car crash seem like a bit much for one episode, but with that in mind, I don't think Stella looked that wet in the extended promo. (I'd have to rewatch it to be sure.) But maybe you're right and the pool thing isn't as serious as the spoilers suggested. I guess we'll see next week!

I aim to please. :p

Because then Adam would be left out. :(

Flack/Danny/Hawkes/Adam love square, y/n? :p

They make Adam, they can't be too bad. ;)

But seriously, as I said before, this all sounds like a way to get us talking (and obviously, it's working :lol:) - even with Peyton (and presumably Aubrey) in 6.22, there's still a case to be solved, so it can't possibly take up that much time. And then there's the finale, assuming they're both there (which we don't know at this point), and even then the team is going to be chasing Shane Casey - I doubt there's much extra time for romantic entanglements. We're probably talking about a few scenes before the hiatus - but getting the fans to talk about it online keeps the storyline alive over the summer and leaves us with some questions to ponder until the new season starts.

And Peyton and Aubrey both seem like mature women - my personal interpretation of the "It's actually like he doesn't have to make the choice; it may be that these two women are trying to make the choice for him" bit is that either a) Peyton acknowledges that she left Mac and he's moved on with his life, and she leaves; or b) Aubrey sees that there's still something between Mac and Peyton and goes on her way. I can't really see them catfighting over him (although Adam would probably be standing on the sidelines like :eek: if they did). Either way, I think it's going to depend more on Claire and/or Mädchen's availability when fall filming rolls around - no matter how much we talk about it over the summer. ;)

Whatever we may think of the Twilight comparison, there's no doubt TPTB's plan worked. ;)

9. mayra1990

mayra1990 Prime Suspect

thats cool

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

First off, Faylinn, that was AWESOME! :guffaw:

Second, the Stella episode looks good. I'm a fan of Stella centered episodes so I'm looking forward to that one.

The Messer Family drama is sort of a turn off. What exactly can happen if the baby isn't kidnapped??? My guess, Shane Casey infiltrates the house and holds Lucy and/or Lindsay hostage??? Just a possibility. Sort of to 'pay Danny back' for not believing in his family. Again that's my theory. I'd rather think of that than worry about Mac's 'love triangle'. :shifty:

11. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

I'm ri-ight! I'm ri-ight! I'm ri-ight! *boogies.*

12. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Alright. Cruising thru. Decided to wait until the initial waves of negativity and sporadic vitriole played out :lol:, and in the case of the TVGuide article, until the snickers died away, if only mine. :p

Will just observe the following.

The TVGuide article is interesting, thanks for the info, but the tone of it is absolutely :rolleyes::p if also part of the realm of hype and whatnot. It's irksome, but expected. The first prefacing question gives hint to that.

I may stand alone here, but a) though I have reservations, I don't actually mind the Mac storyline, and b) I think this is all overy-hype.

I'd have far more of an issue if Peyton's return wasn't tied into the episode's criminal plot. As for PV's statements, I think the show is just re-stirring the pot after a substantial lull, and timed the soundbite to come out just prior to the return of conventional airing. I also don't think this Triangle scenario is really gonna take up too much airtime. Not with so much else being packed in, and not with leaving any so-called decision of consequence until next season. There was minimal time spent introducing Aubry, and it worked well. The ep POV will have a more deliberate focus, but it also sounds like the last handful of episodes, barring perhaps 6.21 Undercard, will each have a main character-specific bent.

I'm admittedly most peeved to now know the nature of Peyton's return, rather than that she's confirmed as coming back at all. By that I mean "one of her colleagues is a suspect." Given the whole surveillance-from-afar framework and Rear-Window theme, the fact no one knew she was in town, the nature of her reveal, it woulda been more fun to wonder more about how deeply she was mixed up in things, could she have found herself near to or thinking about crossing lines that Mac woulda had to confront. Suppose that could still be an issue. Anyways. Whaddayado.

As for the penultimate ep. I was initially hoping any Triangle drama would be contained in one episode, but given the news of other new shows etc., I'm not surprised NY's leaving things open-ended. With it's apparent focus being in 6.22, I don't think it will be present in the finale. Hope that's the case. Could be that 'Guilty did throw a bit of grit in the works. Leaving things unresolved is a smart choice for the show. It's not that NY would need either Amick or Forlani next season to infer that a relationship was continuing with either character. But I'm sure they'd prefer to have the option for either to make an appearance. If that's truly an issue, I am sure they will now wait to see if Fox's pilot gets picked up, and what orders Guilty and Episodes further receive before considering writing for either character. I'd hafta think they've several contingent scenarios in place as it is. Who knows if they'd always intended the carry-over.

I don't think PV's comments on Mac's relationships are anything new, were again fairly minimal, and were actually rather articulate, barring the whole twilight thing. That was laughable :p I'm hoping she was just having fun and wasn't seriously pushing that to promote the episode and the show :lol:. As for being interested in viewer responses. While they might be curious, if the producers wanna go ahead with something they're damn well gonna do it, whether it's in accord with some perceived consensus of digitally expressed opinion or not :lol:. Of course they want people to talk about it :lol:. It does put the show and the scenario in a good place. One that requires no commitment.

I don't know how unpredictable a soul Mac is. He might be faced with unpredictable choices perhaps :lol:. I don't think Mac is a playa, but I think the scenario holds interest on one level precisely because he's not. Unpredicable? I was gonna say not. But. I suppose blowing up the labs was unpredictable. Occasionally reaching an arm across the throat of a suspect might be unpredictable. Well. It sounds like the writers are having fun anyways.

Last observation. While PV does have a predisposed apparent fondness for teeshirts, given what she had made for her staff, and for the word fond, it was the TVGuide writer who tossed the Team crap out at the end :p. Inna Time. Inna World. Inna Tri-State Area. There's a man. Over whom. Sides are converging. Teams coalescing. Mobs forming. Trying to decide on a design for their apparel...

As for DL and the finale. I'm still hoping that Shane Casey is the pivot, and that DL drama is not gonna be the main carry-over. I hope Danny gets some good material out of it, he needs a little something to pull him back from the brink of character oblivion. That would be interesting to me. He's definitely been on the wane, and DL alone will most definitely not be a cliff-hanger to sustain my interest.

Ta :p;)

I'd go if only they'd have me :lol:

Thanks @ Messer fan for the 6x19 pics.

I've been so looking forward to this ep for Hawkes :). I've still not been able to rid myself of a vague skepticism in retreading Shane Casey as a villain, but still hope/think it could be good. That said. This whole big beard thing... :shifty::lol:. Um. Wait. How long has he been in prison now? Four years? Three? I suspect it musta taken him that long to grow a beard of that ..um... volume? :lol:. I suppose this is also part of the whole getaway tactic, that he'll disguise himself to be sooooo unrecognizable not by donning a beard but by shaving one :lol:. We'll never find him now. Not this season, noooo. Clever bastard.

Thanks @ raymakay for the link to the extended promo.

I thought it might be another Stella Stubbornly On Her Own finding herself in Recurrent Peril. (It would be nice to see her focused on w/o defaulting to those tactics). But. It looks like it will also be playing to the personal stakes in the story for Stella. It looks good. And Wow but major prod. values here. Amping up the end of season. Looks really good.

And Fay ...that is hysterical :lol: :lol:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  13. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I just read Pam Vs's comments about Mac's lovelife. And I think that if he would have to chooce between Aubrey and Payton it would be Aubrey. Even though he's known her just a short time I think it would be right thing to do for Payton somehow.
    The letter she send to Mac was a cruel way to break up with him. I think it would be too kind from Mac's side if he would just forget how Payton hurt him. PV said also that Payton haven't got over Mac and I think that if they would end up together again it would just too easy...not in drama series things go like that maybe in soap opera but not in crime drama. Mac is not that kind of man who jumps into spontaneous decions and he definitely thinks twice before acts. I just hope he'll do it in this case also. I just don't wanna see him sheltering again. And this last one is still "my" opinion but I think Stella is the best option for him if it would be possible to count her in. But on the other hand if something goes wrong with Payton or Aubrey Mac will still have Stella in his side. :)

Fay: You're pic was hilarious! LOL :lol: :lol: This made my day! :D

14. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

The best thing they could do for the "Family Finale" is bring back LOUIE!! He could work with the CSIs and get whomever gets kidnapped or in peril back:thumbsup: That is the "Danny family" I want to see:) Then Shane would succomb to his feat because he too had a brother and wasnt it the "injustice" to his brother that got him going to begin with? So how about bringing Dannys brother into this.:p Cmon TPTB dont bring back Peyton bring back Louie!:thumbsup: If you can conjure up her you can get him back cant ya?:lol:

15. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Hi Lori, This would also be in my sense. A story with Lois is more interesting.:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.