Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #20- "Save Me From Myself"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Smokey, Dec 6, 2009.

1. americanstalker

americanstalker Witness

Re: Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #10- "You Found Me"- Now Up!

I'll review the stories now.

Secrets at the Workplace-Why is it that Nick is always the last to know? First Warrick, then Sara and Grissom, and now Catherine and Vartann. Hopefully, in the even that Greg gets married off, Nick will actually know before it happens. Nice job on the story, though.

Searching- Expanding a little on Gumdrops, I see. Nice spin on the lyrics.

Lost and Found-I loved the part about Ecklie having a personality transplant, and I think Nick's less-than-happy feeling about his mother being called speaks for pretty much all of us when something like that happens.

You Found Me- I loved the visual of Diet Mountain Dew running through one's veins. I would also like to see a bit more of Carrie, since she seems to be a nice character.

The Natural Order of Things- I can certainly see why Nick would have trouble with that, given everything he's seen over the years, but still prayed with his family when she died.

Never Too Late- I would have never come up with the idea of writing it about a car. But it does seem that to guys, their cars are their babies, and Nick is no different.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Let's do another challenge! :D

The first person to post after me...pick a number between 1 and 10!

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

4. Smokey

It's time for Round 11 of the Nick Fic Song Challenge! Thank you for picking a number, MyFutureCSI!

Remember, everyone reading the thread is welcome to submit a story! :)

And now the guidelines...PLEASE read them all carefully! If you have any questions, let me know here or via PM/email. Thanks! :)

1. Word limit on the fic is 2,500. Please remember to give the fic a title and a short summary (neither are counted in the word limit).

2. The only restrictions on the content of the fic are that Nick must be the main character and that the story must be based on the song lyrics (below). You can base your fic on the idea of the song, whole or in part, use some of the lyrics...whatever you want as long as the song is your inspiration. The fics will be presented later by way of a link, so there are no worries about mature content.

3. Please do not post your fic or any links here! Send your fic to me at the email in my profile (or you can PM it to me if it's short enough). If you email it, you can put it in the body of the email or send it as an attachment. Please put the title of your fic in the subject line of the PM or email. Deadline for submissions is Saturday,April 17, at midnight EST.

4. Submissions should be anonymous! Please do not share your story with anyone else or tell anyone which one is yours once they are posted!

5. If you would like to have someone beta (proofread) your story, please choose someone who is NOT a participant in this challenge. Or if you like, I will be happy to beta your story when you send it to me. :) Just let me know when you send it.

6. Once all of the stories are in, we will publish the links to them and everyone can start reading! [​IMG]

7. After you have read the fics, you can post feedback for them. I will post the feedback guidelines when we get the stories up.

This is the last song of the first set. After this round we will begin again with everyone and choosing randomly each round, so if you want to submit a song and haven't yet, please do so. :)

And now your inspiration for this challenge! The song is "How You Like Me Now" by The Heavy, submitted by KFK (Kelli)! I think this could inspire some very interesting entries! You can listen to it and see a video on the front page of their website or on You Tube. And here are the lyrics...

How You Like Me Now

by The Heavy (I couldn't find who wrote it...let me know if you know!)

Now there was a time
    When you loved me so
    I could have been wrong
    But now you needed to know
    See, I've been a bad, bad, bad, bad man
    And I'm in deep, Yes I am
    I found a brand new love for this man
    And I can't wait till you see
    I can't wait

So how you like me now
    How you like me now
    How you like me now
    How you like me now

Remember the time
    When I eat you up
    You know that I wasn't lyin'
    that you can't give up
    So if I was to cheat
    on you baby would you see right through me
    If I sing a sad, sad, sad, sad song
    would you give it to me

How you like me now
    How you like me now
    How you like me now
    How you like me now

Does that make you love me baby
    Does that make you want me baby
    Does that make you love me baby
    Does that make you want me baby

How you like me now
    How you like me now
    How you like me now
    How you like me now

Remember, the most important thing is to be creative and have fun!! Try to think outside the box...do something out of the ordinary with it...use your imagination! And once again let me say, anything goes. You can ship, not ship, slash, not slash, angst, humor, romance, smut...whatever you want. We are just having fun here and being creative. All stories are welcome and encouraged. :)

Now start writing! :)

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Wow!!! What an awesome song! I love it!!

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #11- "How You Like Me Now"

changed the title for the new challenge. :)

Not sure if I'll be able to come up with something for this song. But I'll think on it.

7. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I've heard this song before but never knew the title or the artist....it's being using a Kia car commercial and a commercial for the summer season of shows on TNT.

An uptempo song for a change.....I'll have to think on this one.

8. Smokey

Yeah, I heard it on a commercial during Southland this week. :lol: Oh...and the commercial with the giant sock monkey. Ooo...that's kind of scary.

But I think the song has great potential for a fic. :)

9. GregNickRyanFan

The giant sock monkey commercial? This is that song? :lol: Okay, now I know it. Heh.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah that commercial creeps me out..

11. GregNickRyanFan

It doesn't creep me out it just kind of annoys me... but then again most commercials do. :lol:

I hope I can come up with something for the challenge, but as of right now, it's not looking promising. My CSI muse seems to have taken an unauthorized vacation again. :lol:

Question: Is the time stamp on posts messed up for anyone else? I have mine set on central time zone. It's currently eleven pm, but according to the time stamp on this post, its only ten pm. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  12. Smokey

Yeah, the time is wrong. I went into my "change settings" on Talk and changed my time to Atlantic (even tho I'm really Eastern) and it is correct now. So if you go in and change yours to Eastern, you should be correct. :)

13. GregNickRyanFan

^ I changed it to Eastern, but the time stamp is still on 921 when it's 1021. :shrugs: So I changed it back to Central and it still says 921. Weird. I tried Atlantic, Pacific and Mountain too, none of them made it right either. :lol:

14. Smokey

:lol: Looks like it's fixed now. I put mine back to my correct time zone, Eastern, and now it's fine on the board. Put yours back and it should be fine.

As for the story, if everyone will notice you have three weeks to get this one done, which should be plenty of time...you know, if you think about it now instead of waiting three weeks like I did the last time. :lol:

ETA: Okay...the time at the bottom of the board is right but the time stamp on the posts is off an hour. I give up! :)

15. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Well, I'll try my best this time :) I really want to get a story in this time.

As for the time thing... it never really worked for me here... I mean I'm normally GMT +1 but I always have GMT +2 here to get the right time... it's weird :confused: