Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #20- "Save Me From Myself"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Smokey, Dec 6, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #10- "You Found Me"- Now Up!

Smokey, I emailed you my fic. Finally got it typed up. :)

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I got an idea today too! Better late than never. :lol: Hope I can get it written up tho.

Got it! Thanks! :)

3. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Well, the idea I had that I started......went poof! So I don't think I'll make it before the deadline.....who knows maybe it'll come back later and I can just post it here by itself.

4. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Thought I was going to have to bow out but I think I've just about squeaked in. Smokey, the file should be with you very shortly (if you haven't already got it!)

5. Smokey

Got it! Thank you! :)

The stories won't be posted until sometime tomorrow, so if anyone needs a little more time (like me :lol: ) there it is. :)

6. Smokey

Nick Fic Song Challenge
    Round 10
    [​IMG]

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting round 10 of the Nick Fic Song Challenge! Thanks to everyone who participated! :)

Here are a few guidelines for reading and reviewing:

1. Remember, for now the stories are anonymous. Please do not reveal which story you wrote. We will unveil the authors next Sunday, March 21.

2. Story authors/participants - Please leave feedback for each story. That's why we're doing this...so we can learn from each other and improve as we go along. And because this is anonymous for now, please remember to leave some feedback for your own story too. :)

3. Lurkers - You are most welcome to read and review the stories too! We just ask that you follow and respect the guidelines here as well. The exception is that you may leave reviews for as few or as many stories as you like. (Authors - Please do not take offense if a lurker reviews only one or two stories or does not review yours.)

4. Please make your feedback as positive and constructive as possible. Constructive means that it's meant to be helpful and it's said in a nice way. There will be zero tolerance for meanness here from anyone.

5. Please try to make your feedback a little more than just "Good job" or "Nice story". We all look forward to hearing some thoughtful input on our work. :) And for now let's focus on the content of the story more so than the format, grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. For some people this is their first fic and/or English may not be their first language, and those are all things that a good beta could fix if this weren't a challenge. :)

6. Feedback should be posted here in this thread and can be done all in one post or in several posts.

7. Remember, we aren't voting for favorites on this or anything. We're just reading, reviewing, and enjoying! :)

8. Attention readers! Feedback posts will probably contain spoilers. If you do not want to be spoiled, do not read the feedback until after you read the stories.

And now, what you've all been waiting for...round 10 of the Nick Fic Song Challenge! Click on the "You Found Me" link on the left to read the stories.
    [​IMG]

Note: If you see an error in your story or any problems on the page, please PM Smokey ASAP.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Secrets at the Workplace- I like Cath and Nick's friendship. And Nick wondering why his friends keep secrets from him ... poor guy feels left out.

Searching- Sage! At first I was like who is this person... but then it dawned on me. I loved what she told Nick about why bad things happened to him. She's absolutely right.

Lost & Found- I liked that Sara immediately knew he needed some water. Reminded me a bit of the scene in Dead Doll when Nick had a bottle of water for Sara. These two have a really nice friendship and I always enjoy seeing it on-screen and reading it in fics.

You Found Me- Loved the line about diet mountain dew running through her veins. :lol: Carrie seems like a really likeable character and I like the idea of a new CSI joining the team who has a connection to Nick.

The Natural Order Of Things- Poor Nicky. His outburst at the church... I could actually see that happening. Heartbreaking story, but very well written.

Never Too Late- Oh, wow. That first part... very clever. I couldn't figure out what was going on and whose thoughts those were. Very creative! Love the last line. :)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  8. Smokey

First of all, I was very excited to read these stories! Seems like there's been a real drought when it comes to Nick fics lately, so I was happy for the participation. :) Thanks to everyone!

Secrets at the Workplace - This has the makings of a much longer, more involved fic if the details of the set up and shooting were filled in and then the investigation. I think you should go for it! :) I think all of the scenes flow really well. Poor Nick! Always the last to know! :lol:

Searching - I like that this fills in some of what we know Nick was thinking during "Gum Drops". And that he goes back to Sage for some answers. I mean, who wouldn't want to ask some questions after that encounter with her? And the ending made me cry. :)

Lost and Found - I like the beginning...how it sounds like he's still in the box but then we realize he isn't. Ecklie had a "personality transplant"! :lol: Completely understandable and believable...Nick's feelings about his parents being called. What can I say? I love a good post GD fic! :)

You Found Me
    - Ah! I wondered what was up with the way they reunited in the break room, and then we find out. This could be interesting, as they seem like they get along very well. Perhaps more of their adventures are in the making? :)

The Natural Order of Things
    - Awww...I kind of got a sick feeling in my stomach when Nick got the news about his mom. This whole thing is just beautifully written and heartbreaking. Very realistic. I remember those candles too, and Nick's actions...going there because his mom wants him to and yet not compromising his own beliefs...it's excellent. I love it. Even tho, you made me cry. :)

Never to Late
    - Tricky! At first I thought it was Nick's thoughts we were reading. I love that you used "Appendicitement" as a storyline! And then...the car! :lol: You fooled me again! Love it! Your writing is so eloquent and turns this into much, much more than a "guy and his car" story. Brilliant! :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  9. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

:( I'm so sorry :( I missed the deadline because I had no internet this weekend and couldn't even tell you I would be late :(

I wrote a fic for this one though... but won't get to publish it now :(

I'll read your fics all later and review them of course :)

10. Smokey

You can put it up on FF and put a link here. :)

11. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Secrets At The Workplace- Why doesn't anybody ever tell Nick what's going on in their relationships? He's always the last to know anything. Really cute story.

Searching - Interesting addition to the Gum Drops episode. I liked that Nick goes to see Sage....from their scene in the episode it's clear her words struck Nick so it was nice to see you expand on it and give us more. Great job.

Lost and Found - Another great post-Grave Danger story....that episode gives such great stuff for us fan fic writers. Really liked the interaction between Nick and Sara....I was expecting Catherine to be the one in the room so Sara was a nice change

You Found Me - Very cute story. I liked the line about Diet Mt. Dew spilling out of her.

The Natural Order of Things - You almost made me cry. Really well written. Just great job.

Never Too Late - A story about a car? That's different. The first section I thought was from a girl's perspective.....a human girl....not a car. Would not have thought of that to be honest. So good job.

12. KFK

KFK Witness

Great job on the stories everyone, and thank you for taking time out of your busy lives to write some good Nick fiction. :thumbsup:

Secrets at the Workplace Poor Nick is always left in the dark, if I were him, I'd be getting a little ticked off by this. I liked the interaction between Nick and Catherine, very true to their characters. Sweet how Nick kisses Catherine's forehead before leaving the hospital.

One of my favorite parts was Greg telling Nick: “Dude why don't you just ask her out already?” I know there's a few of us who would love to see him do just that.

I was glad to see you didn't kill off Vartann because Catherine's lost enough men in her life. I was a little worried when Catherine walked into the interrogation room, thankfully cooler heads were there.

Nice story, I enjoyed it.

Searching Ah, a Nick and Sage story, or a post-Grave Danger story. It would've been nice if tptb added this to their storyline. I enjoyed the way you wrote the two characters, very believable. Excellent work on setting the scene; as the reader, I could visualize the exchange.

I liked the idea that Sage already knew why Nick was there, and how she explained the way she can feel people's energy. Not necessarily psychic, but she does have a sixth sense.

The part with Nick questioning God's actions was very believable. I'm sure many of us have done exactly that, I know I have. Sage's response is perfect. “That's why God put you through it. That's why you survived it. So you could save her. So you would save her. You're the only one who still has reason to believe she's alive.” That is the best explanation.

The ending tore at my heart strings, very sweet. Good job, good read.

Lost and Found Your story had me angst ridden in the beginning. As with the previous story, excellent work setting the scene. The confusion, hallucinations, and nightmares would definitely be a factor after such a trying ordeal. I wish the shows writer's had included an after the incident glimpse. Maybe someday we'll get the full directors cut.

I, like others, was surprised it was Sara sitting by his bedside, but it makes sense. And, dang that would have been a fantastic tie-in to Sara's abduction a few years later.

Nick being worried about his mother, father and especially Lindsey knowing was an interesting addition. I definitely could see that being the case. Having Sara in the room to explain everything that happened was excellent writing. The last two sentences were a nice way of closing the story. Well done.

You Found Me I was a little confused in the beginning of the story, but then it fell into place. It seems Carrie and Nick had a troubled relationship in the past. I'd like to read an expanded version of this story, read more about their days in TX, and what caused their estrangment. Good job, keep writing.

The Natural Order of Things When I began reading this story I thought it was going to be a comedy about texting and driving, and Ecklie becoming the first offender...I was way off the mark. Ok, you made me cry.

Catherine's concern in the beginning of the story was very real and believable. Nick's pain and anguish is right on the mark. I can only assume the writer has either experienced the same situation with a loved one, or was very close to someone who experienced such a tragedy.

This story hit me so very personally. My mother suffered a severe stroke several years ago, and passed away shortly after. What you described was like walking back into the past. The tissue in the sleeve had me smiling and crying at the same time because my mom always had a tissue in her sleeve. Nick anger, was my anger. I said almost the same exact words to God...”Don't you dare make her suffer.”

You wrote a beautiful ending to the story. The roller coaster of emtions were real and intense. Thank you for the care and handling of such a difficult subject. Excellent writing!

Never to Late This story had me guessing in the beginning. Was it Nick talking, an old girlfriend, who? I didn't expect it to be a car. Unique approach, boys and their toys I suppose. I think Nick needs to get out more, he's bonding with his old car a little too much...Ha, Ha. Interesting take.

Again, good job everyone, and thank you Smokey for all your hard work. :)

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hi everyone..

Good work on the stories..will review them by Friday..

I wasn't able to participate in this one until yesterday, so here's my song fic posted at Fan Fiction..you can leave your review there, or here?

Mods, it's rated K..meaning it's for everyone..

Sadie

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  14. GregNickRyanFan

myfuturecsi- Great job on that fic. I left you a reply on ffnet. :)

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Thank GNRF that was a great review..thanks Smokey and whoever else left a review..I will be doing mine this Friday, but from what I've read, they sound awesome!