Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

If you'd re-read the posts you'd see that our moderator posts are for different things and we do not say the opposite. Has anybody read the Shipper Central rules?

And for the last time, this is NOT the place to talk about the 'hate' EC thread. You have all been told that more than once. If you don't like that thread then don't read it. It's as simple as that.

Here are the RULES. I suggest everybody read them. If moderators are going to be continually ignored or challenged in this thread, it will be locked for 24 hours.

Thanks.

2. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

The moderators need to communicate and come up with one set of guidelines and repost them. Many views, like at my place of business, do not work well. There are many new folks here that haven't had time(not so many are lucky enough to spend their work day on the computer and able to check lists and such at slow points in their work day. Most of us have to come home after a hard day.) in their enthusatic enjoyment of CSIM that they just want to post and share. Mistakes asaide, I welcome them. I was once them. Barking down their throats is not helpful.

Maybe we all need to see those universally agreed upon moderator rules again. Not a link, but a full repost. All moderators need to fully agree on them. A powwow needs to happen. Links are useless because someone who wants to say something with a degree of urgency will not bother to look back months and year ago at a "rules" list. Lets repost them now.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  3. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

So, promoted by the teasers, anyone got any ideas on the next episode? It looks heavily Horatio oriented.

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

The link to the rules are the rules that are posted in this forum (Shipper Central) They are pinned at the top of this forum where they can easily be found. I gave the link so you merely had to click on the link to find them. The moderators DID NOT make these rules. TBONZ made these rules which were in more than one post. I merely reposted them all into one post to make them easier to find. If you have a problem with the rules then I suggest you take it to her because as I've stated, they are her rules.

Also, double posting is against the rules, too. You have 24 hours in which you can edit your post. Please keep that in mind.

Now, let's get back to the discussion of what this thread was intended for, Eric/Calleigh. This is your last warning. If the rules are not followed, we will close this thread for 24 hours.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  5. electra

electra Pathologist

I finally watched the premiere and IMO it left a lot in the air.They did not even resolve the issue with Eric father!!! Eric and Calleigh need to have a big conversation about trust.Please tell me is going to happen later becouse I still have to watch episode 3 and 5 but I can not wait.In a way it makes sense that they were more casual on the episode "into the wind" becouse they are starting all over again.I hope the writers do mor e then that.

Only thing I liked was seeing Eric flirting with Calleigh and her saying that she would never date a co worker.:lol:

6. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Yeah, I saw it on youtube. Her voice was higher and she was much more cheerful than these days.

7. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

^^^ Although episode 8.01 ("Out of Time") wasn't one of my absolute favorites ("too much, too soon" of Jesse, IMO), I'll always think of it fondly b/c it gave us that adorable "first meeting" scene between Eric and Calleigh. Both Adam and Emily did an excellent job on this throwback-to-1997 scene: Eric, playing the slightly-cocky but lovable cassanova, and Calleigh, the cute, bubbly Southern Belle who's enthusiastic about her new job with CSI. Both actors gave perfectly-nuanced performances that captured just how much they've changed in the dozen years they've known each other.

On that subject, I'll inject my own little "shameless fanfic plug.":lol: Chapter 1 of my new fanfic (and my 1st E/C multi-chapter story) is a look back at that scene of Eric and Calleigh's 1st meeting in 1997, from Eric's POV. The story itself, entitled "A Dozen Years of 'Almosts": an E/C Retrospective," is a collection of my favorite E/C "missed opportunity" scenes, all told from Eric's POV. Here's the link if you'd like to check it out: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5818246/1/A_DOZEN_YEARS_OF_ALMOSTS_an_EC_Retrospective. (It's rated T [PG-13], so I believe it's OK to post the link here).

8. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

You know, I really think it's that first meeting between Eric and Calleigh that gives the ship an even greater significance. We've watched them evolve for seven years, and we've seen where they started; we've seen that there was an attraction there from both sides at the very first glance. Love at first sight? Maybe not, lol, but we know that attraction has evolved quite realistically into something more over all these years. They've gone from that attraction to having such a deep, seemingly unbreakable bond - seems like the only thing that *really* rocked them and brought them close to forming an insurmountable rift was Speed's death.

We've seen how they began, we've watched them evolve over the years, from attraction to friendship to love, so as far as I'm concerned, it only makes sense to see it through to a happy ending. And by that I mean rings and little ECs, heh. :D

9. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Re: Eric & Calleigh #38

OMG! GIRL THIS ISN'T A SPOILER SITE, DONT PUT THOSE LOVELY PICS HERE, EXCEPT FOR IN A SPOILER BOX

10. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Re: Eric & Calleigh #38

^^Which episode are those pics from? I was thinking it was from an already aired episode.

11. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Administrator Administrator

No.

The rules are listed. If a poster is too lazy to read them and learn them (and they're pretty simple) well then on his or her own head so be it. There is no need for a mod to have to periodically repost them in a specific forum because a poster doesn't want to go hunting.

If a poster can't follow the rules or you cop an attitude, here or via PM, that poster WILL BE REMOVED. One was removed yesterday for that very reason.

If you have an attitude problem, leave it at the BBS door.

This, as always, is not aimed at the 95% of posters who DO follow the rules, have a good time and are what make the board a fun place. Thanks and we appreciate it.

For those who want to do things their own way? Not happening. Not on my watch.

Any comments to my PM BOX, not to be posted here. I posted here as I want every reader, particularly those who have issues, to know where things stand. I have already removed a poster and as much as I don't like removing posters, I will not hesitate to do so again if I deem it in the best interests of the place.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

I do like flirty Eric,only with Calleigh of course.That's why I like when he said "Your place or mine" .So I want more scenes like that.;)

I agree with Jessica and Delduquese about their first meeting.They were not in love but obviously attracted to each other.And I like that they took their time to be good friends and even explore other options becouse now they are in it for the long run.:)

I am reading some of the fanfictions and liking alot what I am seeing.Good job!!

13. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

It was nice, in that scene, to see goofy, carefree Eric again, although I like the more mature, serious Eric he's become. Just a blast from the past. The Calleigh in "Out of Time" was much lighter and more.....I want to say innocent, but that might be the wrong word. The impending next 10 years had not taken their toll on her yet. Neither of them had had to go through losing a friend and colleague nor did Eric get shot or Calleigh witness a friend's/ex-boyfriend's suicide. It was an interesting look back.

14. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Elecrtra, In really like your assessment of the Eric and Calleigh relationship at this time is excellent. Very well thought out and astute. That step forward needs to be from themselves and definitive. Nice job finding it and defining it. You have a very bright future should you choose to write fan fiction, which I hope you are planning. A lot of non realised realism has happened in fan fiction over the last year and a half. If Eric and Calleigh go on without resolution and you aren't miraculously absorbed into the current writing staff, then you need to share your talent among us all. You have that kind of talent. Keep up the good work and I'll be looking for you on ff.net.I'll devour any stories about Calleigh you post...keeping this on topic.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  15. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Boy, I'm gone for a couple of day and I missed a bunch of stuff going on.

The next epi looks centered around H and the return of Kyle. Looks dramatic, then again epi's centered around H tend to be very dramatic.

Does anyone know when the next E/C epi is? Please tell me March maddness isn't going to affect csi.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.