Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Re: Eric & Calleigh #38

Oh wow -Babies Galore! Such a blessing- best wishes Emilyrocks and Kala!

I too have to stop going to that thread, I did post because I can't help myself. What I can't stand is some posts were personally attacking the actors. Is that allowed?

Anyway, a month is too long to get some more of E/C lovin-- I am consoling myself that after Ep 8.20 we'd see more E/C after this.

2. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Several forum-members (myself included) have asked the moderators/admins about this. The answer I got is that since Calleigh & Eric are a canon couple (i.e., actually together on the show), it's OK to have the E/C Dislike thread in the main CSI Miami board so people can discuss the E/C scenes and storylines on the show itself. (As opposed to discussing 'ships people would like to see, but which are not on the show). Granted, this might have been the intention of the person(s) who actually started the E/C Dislike topic. But that thread has (sadly) declined into a place full of bitterness and personal attacks on the actors (and sometimes, E/C-shippers). Many of the comments there have absolutely NOTHING to do with what is or isn't actually happening to E/C on the show, but yet, the hateful ranting continues with impunity.:scream:

The Mods have said that they won't "censor" the posts on the E/C Dislike thread, but, honestly, I don't think that's what most of us have been asking for. The posters on that thread should be required to toe the line and stay on-topic like the rest of us. Otherwise, they should be required to take it to Shipper Central. After all, there are fans of CSI and CSI New York who don't like canon 'ships like Grissom/Sara and Danny/Lindsay, but there are no "Dislike" threads directly in the main forums for either of those shows. Those discussions are limited to Shipper Central, to which I think they're better suited.

I don't think it is allowed; and neither are the cursing and other inappropriate speech I see there. (I thought this forum was PG-13?) If we use the word "haters" to refer to the posters on the E/C Dislike thread, we're quickly smacked on the wrist by the Moderators. Apparently, however, the same rules don't apply to the E/C Dislike topic, since the Mods seem hesitant to discipline posters on that thread who step out of line.:rolleyes:

Anyhow, please excuse my long post. As you can probably tell, this issue is a source of great irritation and frustration to me. :( I just have a problem with double standards.

3. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Y'all really shouldn't linger on what's being said in the dislike thread. Ignore it. I remember when that thread first popped up and a lot of us weren't happy with it. The mods basically said it was allowed. They will not do anything about it. And we can't do anything about it. Because, I guarantee you, we'd somehow end up being the ones at fault. Ignorance is bliss. Just don't visit that thread. Stay in the happy E/C thread and let them keep to their dislike thread.

Now if they start bad mouthing the actors in a specific ship because of that ship, in say..the spoiler thread. Then hopefully the mods would step up and do their job. But as far as I'm concerned since they have a sepcial thread to complain about a specific ship.. let them do it. The only way you'll see what they're saying is if you go and look. So just don't.

Anyway, on the subject of Eric and Calleigh..are the spoilers for 8.20 the most recent that we have? Or has their been any other news for later episodes concerning Eric and Calleigh?

4. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

So true delquesne!
    I don't know if I get in trouble with what I am about to say but what the heck! It's pretty much free play with the bashing in that thread so I can vent here as well. I can't believe the strong words they're using and it's has just been tolerated. And they're claiming that they're a nice bunch.:guffaw:

I do respect their opinions and acknowledge their frustrations regarding the EC romance but attacking the actors' persona -- that I can't accept.

Anyway, the best way to deal with it is not to go to that thread at all. We'll just look forward to the happy EC days ahead.:)

5. Divot

Divot Victim

Delquesne, you really hit the nail on its proverbial head. Double standards are never a comfort zone. Whether you like or dislike a canon couple, everyone should play by the rules.

And yes, we should all move on from that point, since we can do nothing about it, sadly.

But bottom line, E-C is canon.

So bring on the E-C smiles.

6. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

wowwww... those ppl are so mean [in non-shipper of e/c] how come they blame e/c for everthing [unfair].....beside this season all about jesse[ sorry to say, i hate that guy! he is the new guy in the show but get a lot of scene ,even ryan/natalia/frank don't get much scene time in this season!!! the show just turning to his show [sorry no offense].. BESIDE THAT I ALSO CAN WAIT FOR EPISODE 20 ..I HATE WAITING....[​IMG] ERIC LOOK SO WORRY ABOUT CALLEIGH [​IMG] OK WHERE IS ALEX.....I THINK SHE IS NOT IN THIS EPISODE!! [​IMG] ..I THINK HORATIO ONLY CAN CALM DOWN ERIC [​IMG] I HOPE CALLEIGH IS SAFE!!! [​IMG] I REALLY CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS EPISODE!! IT GOING TO BE SUPER GOOD EPISODE I HOPE [​IMG] EVEN NATALIA LOOK WORRY, BUT PLEASE GET THAT MAN[JESSE] OUT OF THERE

7. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!! I JUST CAN PUT MY AVATAR IN THIS FOD I DONT KNOW WHY!!! CAN YOU GUY'S HELP ME

8. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Ah, yes, the E/C dislike thread. I used to frequent it and reply to some of the things posters said, but now I don't even bother. Sometimes, I'll read the thread for a few giggles. It's amazing how much time these people devote to obsessing over a fictional TV relationship they don't even like. I fear for their blood pressure. :lol:

I guess what I don't understand is how a person can judge someone they've never even met so harshly. Based on what, interviews? Yes, because interviews in which actors and actresses are encouraged to promote the show are just so telling when it comes to their personality. I have to admit, I don't like the Jesse Cardoza character, and I am inclined to think less of Eddie Cibrian because of what I've heard of his personal life. But at the end of the day, I can take a step back and realize that I don't know much of anything about Eddie Cibrian. I've never met him, nor do I know anyone who has. In his interviews, he seems very cordial, and appears to get along with the cast and crew. So maybe he's made some mistakes in his life. Who hasn't? But the point is that I can dislike a character on a TV show, feel some ambivalence about the actor who plays him, but I am still able to be objective and recognize that it would be unfair to write him off as a jerkfaced loser.

I've read some of the things that they've said about Emily's recent interview, and honestly, I'm starting to wonder if some of them are purposely looking for something to complain about. The link to the interview on the sidebar clearly says "Procter: Love Is The Most Powerful Thing Of All", so it's easy enough to deduce that Emily Procter, a person they've expressed dislike for, and love, most likely referring to the E/C relationship they also dislike, are two of the central focuses of the interview. So why read it if it's likely to be something that annoys or disgusts you?

Anyways, I think it's just best to ignore that thread. If they want to pick apart the romance, the actors, whatever, let them. If they start taking cheap shots at E/C shippers, go ahead and notify the moderators. They've already got a history of warnings for that. Maybe if they do it again, the mods will feel that enough warnings have been given and will close the thread temporarily.

9. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Vignes[smallgir I don't think you can have an avatar until you've posted either 50 or 100 posts. I don't quite remember the rules or know if they've changed. And if those pictures are from an episode that has not yet aired, they need to be put into a spoiler box. Some might not want to see what happens yet. Also, try not to double post.

Silentdisco, I agree 100 percent. The thread is better left ignored. It'll just make us more mad, and there isn't much we can do about it. Let them have their thread. We have our thread to talk about how much we like EC. We're entitled to our opinions and them, theirs. It's only fair.

10. Jellybean

Jellybean Victim

Hey guys!

Add me to the ranks of you E/C shippers! Guess I should probably stay away from the dislike thread from the sounds of it.

I'm a little nervous for ep.20 too, it's not that I don't trust the writers (wait, I actually don't), but after waiting 8 seasons, if they decide to pull that 'I love you too much to be with you' thing, I might just about pitch a fit.

But, so happy to be here and find some fellow E/C fans! :) And congratulations to all those soon-to-be Moms!!

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Wow lots of things to comment about :).

The pics are amazing. I love Eric's hand on her leg awww :adore:. He looks pissssseeeddd!!!! I have to say though it looks a lot like Smoke gets in your CSI's so they could've been a little more creative. But I guess I lost faith on the writers at the beginning of season eight so I'm not gonna ask more of them...:rolleyes:

Totally agree! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

This interview made me hopeful for Emily staying on the show. We've been pretty worried about her contract being up and all that but I guess that if she is talking about EC babies and marriage she has plans of sticking around.

On the other side I did NOT like the part about maybe Jake coming back. Jake can only mean drama for EC and I can't tolerate more trouble thrown their way. I think the drama has been enough for any couple to last them a century!!! So Jake please stay away!

12. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I've posted before about staying away from the dislike thread, but I was just thinking how they are so worked up about Emily talking about what she wants to happen between Eric and Calleigh like she is dictating what happens. What do they exspect her to talk about in an inteveiw March Madness?

I'm feeling a little more at ease about Emily sticking around now that I have read her interveiw. Now we just have to hope they stop the DRAMA!

13. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I too thought about that comment she made about Jake coming back, and while I'm not so sure its fact they're bringing him back, I doubt very seriously the writers would EVER have her leaving Eric for Jake. They're not going to build up Eric & Calleigh's relationship in the way that they have done - taking years to develop it, especially in the way they have since season 5 and especially given the defining moments they've had and will have in 8.20 - only to take it down with one appearance of Jake. And, I don't think Calleigh would EVER do that to Eric. So, if he comes back, I'm not the least bit concerned about it. Let him come back, let him come back and see how much Calleigh and Eric love each other.

On the hater thread (and if the haters can bash the actors for doing nothing more than their job, then I think i can use the word "hater") issue, I have never been there, don't care to go there. People like that, who use any and all opportunity to bash a fictional relationship, then stoop to bashing the actors themselves for having the audacity (gasp!) to do their job and do it well, really cannot be taken seriously. I'm all about a healthy cordial debate, but when they get ugly and twist anything the actors and/or characters say to suit their argument, then they lose my attention, and I'm sure the attention of a great number of others. If there is one thing I can't stand, it is outright ugliness. They can't give their opinion in a nice cordial manner, no, they have to be ugly about it - to the point where they bash the actors themselves... and frankly, it says alot about the level of maturity there. So... why even bother to go there.

I do agree that there is a HUGE double standard in what is allowed to be said here, and what is allowed to be said there. And they can blame it all on where the particular threads are located, but thats just semantics. Its all talk about a particular relationship, so the same rules should apply. And if there isn't a rule about taking personal attacks on the actors, then THERE SHOULD BE!

There... I've said my piece.

14. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Guys, there seems to be bashing of some other fans going on in here, I don't like other fans being described as "haters", everyone is entitled to their opinion, and not everyone has to like the same thing, heck, the world would be a pretty boring place if we all did... So yeah, what I'm saying is, respect other people's opinions, just because you don't like the same ships doesn't make you a "hater"... It seems like a bashing term, I'd really prefer it not to be used...

Thank you, now back to Eric and Calleigh...
    Steph.

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Calling other posters 'haters' is considered bashing and will not be tolerated in Shipper Central in ANY thread. So, NO, you cannot use it. Everybody has a right to dislike a ship or character or even an actor and state their opinions why without bashing them. If characters and/or actors are being bashed, please hit the 'notify moderator' button in the bottom left page of the post. It's the little white triangle outlined in red. If you guys do not like what I am assuming is the debate thread, then stay out of it or if you do like going in there, DO NOT bring the conversations from that thread in here.

The reason things are allowed to be said in that thread and not in here is because it IS the debate/dislike a ship thread where you can talk about why you don't like a ship and if it turns to bashing, it will be stopped. Not all of the moderators read all of the threads and not all of the moderators are here all of the time. That is why you should click the 'notify moderator' button and one of the available Shipper Central moderators will take a look and see if they need to step in.

Also, if you would read the Shipper Central rules you would know that bashing the actors is not allowed. Please take a look at the rules located here.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.