CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

I think maybe this is a little bit risky, joining this just to come on here and tell y'all what I think of this whole situation, what with being a newbie and all :)S) but I've given up struggling to try and hold back on the mad urge to just spill everything that's going on up there in that not-so-sane head of mine ... and without further ado, this is exactly what I think.

Although I adore the thought of Mac and Stel together (don't hurt me!) I also loved Mac and Peyton and Mac and Aubrey - and Stel and Frankie (before he did what he did, anyway) come to think of it. I don't know - maybe I'm more of an open-minded Smacked shipper? Anyway, I think I'm trying to say is that I don't think Peyton returning (although it completely shocked me, I was hoping the very-well-known-to-fans-of-the-show character would be Stella. Actually, no I wasn't. I was pissed off at the fact that as soon as Mac came out of his shell a little and found somebody he had actual chemistry with, someone'd sail along and destroy it, surprise surprise ... and then I started hoping that if it really had to happen, it would be Stella who he had to choose between) is that huge of a disaster/good thing. I think it's going to be quite exiting, and it's something I'm definitely looking forward to seeing unfold. I have a sad suspicion that Peyton's been in the USA all along and therefore has been lying about not being able to be with Mac and therefore is a bit of a coward for breaking up with him in that fashion and therefore unsuitable for Mac because as an ex-Marine, he hardly wants a coward for a girlfriend, but I'm sure she's got a good enough reason for doing what she did if she really has lied to him about having to stay in the UK. That's my personal opinion on that subject. As far as Mac ends up with somebody, I'm more or less satisfied (but it doesn't stop me hoping that the somebody is Stella. Maybe at the end of the last Season or something. That'd be nice. Right now, I'm happy enough with the closeness of their friendship.)

The most thing I'm really, really exited for, however, is Stella almost-drowning. I love characters in danger, I think it makes the whole experience of watching CSI: NY much more thrilling. In this situation, I'm exited to be watching how Stella escapes from death (but in a swimming pool? Drowning in a pool? Really?) and how the people closest to her, i.e. the team, react to almost losing their favourite, curly-haired friend (Mac's knotted brow of concern, Lindsay's lack of concentration on everything but Stel's recovery, Flack's anger and over-protectivity. Hang on, is over-protectivity even a word? Well, you know what I mean.) That's what I'm looking forward to - my favourite character in danger.

Sounded right in my head, anyway. :lol:

I think Adam and Sheldon definitely need some lovin'. I know Sheldon's love interest has been pushed to Season 7 to make room for Mac and his personal life (not that I mind, I'm psyched about getting a proper glimpse of Mac's apartment in 6x22!) but there's room for Adam to find his somebody, isn't there? Unless there are spoilers for that, too. It's just that there are TOO MANY contradictory spoilers about the love interests of Adam and Sheldon on the net that I don't quite know which to believe - help?! I was heartbroken to find out about that Kara, though - her and Sheldon seemed really in love, you know? What a shame what happened, happened. Adam with Kendall was adorable, too. They had a kind of puppy-love chemistry I enjoyed watching. :( Somebody seriously has to stop shoving those two into the shadows and start dragging them into the spotlights.

As for Danny and Lindsay (and this is hard for me to admit, because I am such a sucker for drama!) I actually want them to remain in a happy, healthy, fit-to-raise-a-child-normally marriage. I am sick and tired of affairs, divorces and seperations. There's more going on in soaps and TV shows than there is in real life, damnit! Think about it, really think about it - in which TV show/etc. do newlyweds actually stay happily-married for longer than, say, a couple of months? Or maybe I'm just thinking of British soaps ... but anyway, I know Danny and Lindsay have been going at it for longer than that but come on, let's be realistic here. As much as it'll shock writers of shows like these, married couples can stay married for the rest of their lives without any major drama along the way (i.e. these baby-kidnappings I've been hearing about. Great to watch, not-so-great in terms of how realistic it'd make their relationship.) I mean, I know they're CSIs and their job may be a little bit more dangerous than others, but ... well, think about Lucy, for a start. The poor kid'll be more or less forgotten about as one parent goes gallavanting off with a former flame and the other goes and gets herself kidnapped by accident or whatever. :rolleyes: I'm not saying that I don't want a couple of major thunderstorms along the way, but I'm hoping for (more or less) a peachy-perfect horizion come the last Season. It's only fair!

... and also, did Flack ever end up speaking Irish on, "Pot of Gold?" If he did, I never heard it. I always miss the good stuff. :shifty:

A couple of posts back, somebody asked why we never got to see Sid's wife or family. Whoever you are, I wholeheartedly agree!

Am I forgetting any characters?

... Since I don't think I am, I think that's my rant/essay of opinions over. Apologies if I've offended/annoyed anybody or anything, but surely there must be somebody out there who agrees with something I've said? It's just that I get the feeling that a majority of people on this particular Thread don't have much of a taste for Mac and Stella and I didn't mean to get all up in your faces with my views or anything, I just joined this place because after reading all 40 pages, I felt I just HAD to let people know my opinion. I was actually bursting, which is why I'm here and spilling it all out and crossing my fingers in the hope that I'm not pounced on and dragged away in a straightjacket, never to return.

:hugegrin: Yeah. I can be a little dramatic.

Anyways, I'd love to hear your opinions on some of mine ... and please don't hurt me! *cringe.*

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Mwuahahahaha, we have sucked in another one. [​IMG]

*cough* Welcome to the thread, Burlesque - no worries, I don't think you said anything that would offend anybody. :) There are fans of Mac/Stella in here as well as people who don't care for them (just like there are fans and non-fans of Danny/Lindsay or Adam/Stella or Flack/Angell or anything else), so definitely don't hesitate to post. We don't bite...hard. ;)

I say they should just hook up with each other and forget about women altogether (unless Stella wants to join in), but maybe that's just me. :devil:

I kid, I kid - hopefully Sheldon will finally get a love interest in season seven after so many promises. And hopefully by putting it off until next year, it gets some decent focus. I'm not one to view romantic entanglements as the be-all and end-all of character development, but when you've been hyping a relationship for so long, it needs follow-through! :lol: I'm disappointed that there was no follow-through on Adam/Stella. That's a really big, random thing to do if you don't plan to take it anywhere.

Of course, I'm still holding out hope that we'll see Papa Ross sooner or later. :p And as someone said earlier (I forget who, sorry), the spoilers for 6.19 make it sound like Sheldon's getting some good stuff even if it has nothing to do with his love life - which is arguably better development anyway. (But he still deserves a love interest because OMG poor Hill has been saying it's coming for a long time. *pet pet*)

Yeah, it was just one line when he caught the guy with the cops in kilts after running through the parade. 'Erin go bragh' or however it's spelled. :p

3. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Oh, dear, I hope this soap opera stuff will be sorted out in no more than one episode, I don´t want to watch Mac being torn between two lovers for the rest of the season :rolleyes:. For now the spoiler doesn´t tell too much about Peyton´s motives for having returned to NY, but it rather seems that Mac wasn´t the No. 1 reason. Poor Aubrey, that would be hard if she´d get dropped before the relationship with Mac even properly started.

Otherwise the story sounds interesting and I like the "Rear View"-references, too, though Mac and Stella as voyeurs, watching a young couple making out, ts, ts :D.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Peyton shows up in 6.22 and there's 23 episodes this season, so it'll either get resolved very quickly or go into next season. People have made comments that Aubrey looks like Peyton (I don't see it other than they have the same color hair) so maybe Mac is attracted to Aubrey only because she reminds him of Peyton? That would pretty much suck, but I just thought of that being a possibility.

5. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Hiya & welcome :).

I liked Peyton. And I like Aubrey. I am curious about what the show's up to tossing Peyton back into the mix, even if wary of the potential for soap suds :lol:. I'm hoping it reaches higher than that. And because I like Aubrey, I do rather feel apprehensive what's to happen with her regardless. Nothing like setting something up just to knock it down. But that may have been the point of bringing her in to begin with. Guess we'll see. The Rear-Window flavor to the story sounds fun too. And Adam will be great on a stake-out with Mac :lol:.

...:wtf: (;)).

By gad but I hope Peyton's not been in NY the whole time :lol:. Can't see it meself. Would probably choke on something if the show went that route :lol:.

Stella was supposed to get this more spontaneous, in-the-moment type outlook this season, and I don't think that's really come across. Still. An episode where she has had a long-time aquaintance with the girl in question, one that prompts her to take certain risks in pursuing answers for is welcome for me. She often seems to put herself in/finds herself in dangerous circumstances. Of all the characters on the show, she may have been in mortal peril far more frequently than just about any of the others :p. It's to the point where it almost feels as if that's the thing the show does with her character. For that reason, I'm not finding that tidbit anything new to get excited about. But an episode centered around her will be good. This one does sound more interesting to me than one like Criminal Justice.

Well. It may be true, or there may be other considerations that we don't know about that led to one romantic arc making it thru and one not. I think it might be a bit of a disservice to make it sound as if Mac is somehow to blame for Sheldon's lack of love though :lol:. There were so many things that were planned this season didn't come to fruition, or get expanded on in some meaningful way.

However. I definitely agree that both Sheldon and Adam are loooooooong overdue in getting some attentive affection :p.

I will be tempted to stare at this for far longer than is good for me... :p

:lol:

(Who's to say that's not how they've managed to bide their time over the past six years? Mebbe they just prefer the lights off :p).

Yep. I would rather it was done up well than rushed, condensed, and done half-assed just to fit it in.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  6. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Ah, OK, somehow the exact numbers of episodes of S6 has escaped me; but yeah, either my wish gets granted and this story will be quickly resolved or like you said, they carry it into S7.
    Hm, I´d rather say Aubrey and Peyton are completely different persons; but you never know, maybe you´re right and TPTB really got corny and came up with an "Aubrey reminds Mac of Peyton, and when Peyton returns he´s stuck in the middle and doesn´t know what to do"- soap :rolleyes:.

7. PerfectAnomaly

I was actually thinking that would resolve the "triangle" really quickly because Peyton being back would make him realize he only asked Aubrey out because he still has a thing for Peyton so they'd get back together. A quick resolution, but sucky for people who like Aubrey.

8. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

I think I'm quite easy-going with all these ships - they're all lovely in their own ways. I don't get how others can be that affected by the thought of Mac/Stella or Flack/Angell to the point of fury and cursing and serious bashing - has nobody ever heard of each to their own? :rolleyes:

FANTASTIC idea. No kidding. Actually, I can't really imagine Sheldon discovering he's attracted to men, but Adam ... I don't know. It kind of suits him. I think he'd look cute with a boyfriend and it'd add a unique, interesting twist to any storylines he's had this far. Hmm ... I think I'm really warming to this idea.

Again, I agree. A friend and I had a bet on what we thought the writers would do to A/S after Ep. 1 - she was 100% sure they'd follow it on (having been a fan for much longer than I have) whereas I had that gut feeling nothing whatsoever would happen and they'd drop it like a hot potato, which wouldn't be surprising. After quite a bit of convincing, I changed my mind - 50% they'd carry it on, 50% they wouldn't. Then after a couple of episodes, I changed it to 30%/70% respectively. Now I'm absolutely sure it's just 100% nothing. :lol: I still rub it in her face.

I knew I missed it! I could have sworn I did hear a bit of Irish in that scene, but I passed it off as dodgy headphones and crap sound quality (being in England, I have to watch episodes on the Internet.)

Also -

You're joking. I never realised! :wtf: Like, duh. I don't know which I'd prefer - I don't want it to be resolved quickly, but the one thing I can't stand is when cases are dragged into the next season just when you're beginning to get just a little bit bored of them. Like, this whole Shane Casey thing? Come on already. Yawn.

Come to think of it, we're almost near the end. How many eps does CSI: NY usually have? It seems alot more than 23 ... or else I'm just a little bit thick. Which you've probably gathered already.

I'm kind of pissed off about the spoilers saying, " ... another woman very well known to fans of the show." Emphasis on the italicized very. Peyton is not, and never has been, very well known. I think I can count the number of episodes she's been in on 2 hands. Way to get my hopes up and crush them with the reveal of Peyton Driscoll as the mystery woman.I mean, I like her and all, but ... very well known, my arse. :rolleyes:

9. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

P.S. PerfectAnomaly - you have THE. MOST. EPIC. AVATAR. I laughed hard enough to squirt Tango all over the keyboard. Then I showed my sister, who doesn't even know who Danny is, and she laughed - and she doesn't even know how to smile. Genius!

10. PerfectAnomaly

I think Peyton being the main character's former love interest qualifies her as being "very well known" to the audience regardless of how many episodes she was in. But maybe that's just me. :confused:

ETA: The credit for the avatar goes to Elsie. (one of this forum's mods) I saw it and had to gank it from her. It cracks me up every time I look at it.

11. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

You have quite a valid point, to be honest. I just think that if she were more of a love interest (say, she had more than a mere, half-hearted handful of scenes with her boyfriend in those all-important 10 episodes she did appear in) then she could be classified as, "very well known," in my eyes, but as I always like to say, each to their own. I can definitely see where you're coming from. Maybe if the very wasn't in italics? :lol:

12. PerfectAnomaly

Maybe. :lol: I was just trying to think of it from TPTB's point of view. I can see them thinking the character who was tied to the main character would be "very well known" to the audience. But her being recurring could definitely mean people will be all, "Who the hell is this chick?" when she comes back. :lol:

13. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

Definitely.

... and I hate myself for asking this, but who/what is TPTB? I've exhausted all possible ... possibilities. I know I'll figure if I rack my brains enough, but it's 11 o'clock at night and I'm pretty much beat (not to mention stuffed to the brim with thick, cheesy, glorious pizza.) Help a poor, bloated little newbie out? :D

14. PerfectAnomaly

TPTB = The Powers That Be. The people in charge of the show (producers, writers, network, etc.)

15. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

The Powers That Be? Cute! Maybe I wouldn't have figured it out on my own, after all.

I'm laughing now, because I just explained the Mac/Aubrey/Peyton(/Stella, in my case) love traingle(/quadrilateral, in my case) to my lil' sis, who likes CSI: NY but doesn't actually watch it, and she just blinks at me as if I'm stupid and goes, "Why can't he have all three?" :lol: Ah, the wisdom of a 12-year old. Then again, it's got me thinking ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.