CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

So, no love for our Sheldon and Peyton's back. Oh, right.

Of course, who cares about Sheldon or anyone that's not Mac for that matter? There's Mac and then, there's this couple who, I think, were married. But it doesn't matter, they just remember once in a while, insert some cheesy, irrelevant scene every now and then to remind the audience. And then, oh, wait, there are even more characters! But they don't really matter.

*sigh* I don't get it. I don't get why all of a sudden Peyton's back and there's gonna be a catfight all over Mac. Whatever. If there's gonna be a catfight and Mac's going to be the referee, I'd rather it was between Aubrey and somebody less obnoxious, any interesting female character would do.

And, of course, Sheldon is not important enough to get his very own lover.

I'll probably stop watching when the season is over, this is getting worse by the minute.

2. Burlesque

Burlesque Hit and Run

Hey, you have ep. 19 to look forward to - it's all Sheldon's (finally!) :D

To be honest, I think this Pam Veasey's a bit dodgy. It's all, Sheldon is getting a love interest soon, he isn't, he is, he isn't, he is, he isn't - just tell us straight, damnit! I just feel sorry for Hill Harper, promising us this and that and in the end, not even having it happen. Poor guy. He deserves much more credit. I mean, the only three significant storylines involving him that stand out to me are the ones where he suffered from racism, the other where he suffered from bankruptcy and another where he suffered from a bad break-up. It just doesn't seem right, y'know?

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

^^Getting a good Sheldon-centric episode is definitely great (and well-deserved and long overdue ;)) - and it does soothe a bit of the butthurt generated by his romantic storyline being put on the back burner again. If they didn't keep promising that he'd get a love interest, I wouldn't care so much, especially since he's the main focus of 6.19. But they have been promising, so while 6.19 is going to be awesome, it's still frustrating to see the girlfriend thing fall into the Black Hole of Continuity. :lol:

But I'm sure they have a lot of ideas planned, and you just can't fit everything into a season. (Sorry if someone already said that. I've kind of been skimming the thread. *hugs*)

It's because shipping is srs business! :p

(Seriously, though, there are few things that get fans' blood boiling faster than ship-related drama. Our fandom is far less crazy when it comes to shipping than others I've seen, but even we are known to get in a tizzy over relationship stuff. ;))

I have long been of the opinion that Adam could totally be bi. Yes, he likes the hot chicks, but I could totally see him experimenting in college if nothing else. :p

It might be because I sort of see Adam as being a lot like the younger, internet-savvy people I interact with online - a great many of whom are quite open-minded about such things. :thumbsup:

4. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

I'm not sure I want a love storyline for him, but I'm with you for the rest. Poor Sheldon... :lol:

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

We do? I hadn't noticed. :whistles innocently: :p :shifty:

6. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I'm not sure Sheldon would have had time for romance this season anyway. I have not kept an official tally on his screentime but he has been really busy playing the part of whichever character they rotate out in addition to playing himself. He has been at just about every crime scene, done all the lab work for some episodes, played medical examiner in others and been all-around Super Sheldon, master of everything:eek:. When would he actually have time to meet someone and develop anything close to love:confused:? And he has (or will have by the end of the season) at least two episodes completely devoted to himself;). if I didn't know better, I would think he was Mac. Except for the 'fro. Can't see Mac with a 'fro.:shifty:

7. PerfectAnomaly

I wouldn't say having a few (as in like, what, three or four?) one episode story lines devoted to him in six seasons on the show equates to him being SuperHawkes or getting as much exposure as Mac. Obviously if AJ, Anna and Robert are all part time and Hill is full time he's gonna get more screen time than they do. Of the full time characters Hill/Hawkes has had the least amount of screen time and the least number of story lines devoted to him. Also, in the long lost first season character bios Sheldon was considered a "prodigy" so it would make sense he has a ton of knowledge in more than one area.

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Aina gonna happen no fun in that! Welcome Burlesque!:thumbsup: Glad your here. It was fun watching your head explode before my eyes!!:lol: Good intro lots of questions:)

Just a little one?:lol:

I agree! He has been showing up more this season then any other.:)

Who say Dat?:lol:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  9. CSI Cupcake

I wouldn't either. If I were talking about the previous 5 seasons of the show. The entirety of my post was contained to season 6, in which they have come a long way in making up for the lack of Hawkes in the other 5 seasons. Has there ever been more than one episode in a season devoted to the character of Sheldon prior to S6? I can't think of any. Some seasons ended with Sheldon not having a storyline at all. This season we have seen him lose all his money, volunteer outside of his job, get his own apartment again (on Bleeker Street...which is more detail than we have on anyone else) and now we get to see him handle a prison riot. And find out that he has a sister that died. That is a lot of coverage even though it is not a continuous storyline spread out over multiple episodes.

Which brings me back to the subject of my first post. When would he have had time to have a love interest. It's a wonder he wasn't living at the lab instead of sleeping on Mac's couch.

But your post does lead me to wonder one thing. If he was such a minor character for all 5 seasons, why was he not included in the rotation of characters this season? I guess they needed one full time person to take up all the extra scenes and he drew the long straw? Not being critical here. Just wondering how that happened.

10. PerfectAnomaly

I stand corrected. I wouldn't say having one season that includes some decent development for a full time character means he's SuperHawkes or getting as much exposure as Mac. And since he's actually had development this season it would make perfect sense he'd have time to have a love interest. There'd have been plenty of places for him to meet someone and there'd be someone there to be a part of his other development.

11. CSI Cupcake

I don't know, if I was picking up all the lab work that Adam usually does, and all the crime scene work that Lindsay does, plus determing COD in Sid's absence, plus all my own work, I'd want the title of Super-something (and a cape...but no tights please):lol:

In order to get back on topic, I don't mind Peyton coming back if it makes Mac confront his emotional side. I don't know which "side" of this one I'm on. Even though I didn't exactly warm to her character, I didn't like the way they wrote Peyton out of the show before. But she is the only one Mac really got invested in so it will be interesting to see him battle with his feelings. Knowing Gary, it won't be soap-ish at all. I can't imagine that he would agree to this if it got too close to daytime drama. Of the entire cast he is the one that can put his foot down when it comes to his character, I would imagine.

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

What exactly is the 'shocking and famliiar' spoiler? I can't find it.

Thanks.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Is this the one you mean?

14. PerfectAnomaly

15. CSI Cupcake

Faylinn posted the spoiler on Feb 16 in this thread on post 141. Mac and Aubrey get close and then someone "familiar to everyone" shows up and declares her feelings for him and he has to make a decision concerning her and Aubrey. We now know it's Peyton. I'm not sure how many episodes she is going to be on.

Darn it! Should have known Faylinn was skulking around in the background!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.