CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

ah, how silly of me to think of the easy solution - it would've been far too obvious and simple to report a stolen item as stolen when it was actually stolen, it makes far more sense to just hope it shows up. as i'm sure any good detective/csi would confirm ;)

haha, yeah, that could be quite funny :D

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Count me as another one who hopes Mac chews Danny out big time for not reporting the badge missing! I am not surprised that Flack is the one looking for Danny's debit card... is there anything that guy won't do for Danno? :p

But how dumb is Danny not to have reported his debit card stolen to the bank and, you know, gotten his accounts changed? He's seriously a moron if he didn't do that... and is married to a moron as well if Lindsay didn't think of it either.

Good point about the address, Fay. I think it's looking more and more likely that we're headed towards a baby-napping at the end of the season. :rolleyes:

What I really want to know is why Shane is so fixated on Danny. I hope that at that cliffhanger will be about Shane and Danny... and not some stupid scenario with either Lindsay or Lucy in danger.

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I really hope any cliffhanger will be about Shane and Danny. Although I can't help but think that Lindsay or Lucy in danger will be more likely. I do think that baby-napping was always on the cards at some point for Lucy, so they may as well get it out of the way. :rolleyes:

4. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

OMGGGGG!!!!!!!!! 4 weeks 2 wait kmt. The UK catches up with US so fast. They are 4 months behind as the UK premier is January and by the end we are marely weeks behind them. Us seriously need to STOP having huge breaks!!!!!!!!

5. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks for all the pics and links yas all :)

Pfft. Bleh.

:p

What an uneven season. Still. Guess this would (hopefully) mean we'll be getting a good run up toward the end of the season.

As for Shane Casey.

Basically, while still interested, my initial response to Shane spoilers from back when is still there. Mainly, lacking enthusiasm.

I was hoping they might come up with a new villain than retread an old one, but Shane (and Edward Furlong) were so engaging the last time around I still think it could all be good.

I was hoping that Sheldon's episode wasn't going to turn wholly into a Shane Casey ep, and that Sheldon would get some good stuff all his own, but this looks like it will be used to tie into the Casey stuff, and move it along a bit.

I was hoping that the prison ep would also be a sorta contained pressure cooker ep, and that Shane Casey wouldn't escape and become the next nemesis on the loose through NYC, but it looks like it could in fact be a vehicle for escape. Gee. It's not like they haven't had Shane escape before either, that'll be something new at least... owait...

I was hoping the finale would not be a final showdown with Casey, but I think there've been other spoilers indicating too that Casey will be a factor. In fact it looks like it won't be a final showdown, it's another uber-cliffhanger isn't it.

Well. Mebbe they'll still surprise me with the awesomosity of its realization onscreen. Could still be good, even if it has already felt predictable since Casey's fingerprints turned up months ago. One can only hope that it does not involve kidnapping Lucy or Lindsay yada.

Personally, I'm hoping that since Danny's previous link with Casey involved him talking him down because of his brother etc., that mebbe, finally, it will somehow involve Louie. If only cos if memory serves Shane Casey's brother was the issue the last time around and they had Danny relating, yada.

I am glad to know that the others do eventually find out about the debit card, which hopefully means the badge and ID etc too. As many have said, I can't believe that Danny has been running about the city for so long without it.

Me three. I'd also like to see Flack's response to the ongoing nonsense.

:lol:

Hope for the best, prep for the worst... :lol:

Mebbe that's why we haven't seen Lindsay much lately, she's too busy having to run all the errands cos the boy has no plastic... :lol: As it is, I would be furious if my other half let this drag out to the point it has. Presumably she'll get some material in this, mebbe it will have her chew him out too, and not just Mac, and we've already had Flack annoyed.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  6. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

I dont know if this was mentioned already or not, but did anyone else notice in the season 6 premiere the photo of Shane Casey in Mac's office when he was trying to think of suspects?

Can we say... foreshadowing much? he he

I do want to see Danny and Shane in the cliffhanger as well and I really really hope they dont put little Lucy's life in danger. It would be upsetting.
    If maybe he kidnapped Lindsay, then yes, I can picture that, but I dont want them to use the baby as bait.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I just keep thinking of the cringeworthy scenes we'll get if Anna Belknap has to act like a mother whose child has been kidnapped or the victim of a kidnapping herself. At least if it's Danny in trouble they can have her stand there and be useless like they did in "Snow Day." ;)

8. Top41

God, no, we don't need to see Lindsay kidnapped. We don't need to see another female lead on a CSI show traumatized on screen (Stella, Calleigh, Sara... need I go on??) and we don't need to see Anna try to play it. Yuck squared.

I still hope it doesn't come down to a kidnapping, unless it's Danny, because I can't figure out why Shane would have a grudge against Danny given that Danny is the only one who showed him any kindness or consideration. The one who offered him a few thoughtful words in the police car in "Hung Out to Dry," the one who actually made an effort to find out what really happened with Shane's brother in the bar. Even though it wasn't the answer Shane wanted, Danny actually cared enough to find out the truth.

Which is why, as happy as I am that Shane is back, I'm also worried, too. Why is Shane targeting Danny? Unless Danny was wrong about his brother?

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

what if he's pulling a 'Drew' of sorts but in opposite, and simply using danny to get at someone else entirely. or maybe he's not targeting anyone specifically, just the team as a whole, and danny with his recklessness and immaturity is the easiest to initially get at and manipulate...:rolleyes: oh, and if mac doesn't know about the situation with danny and his badge yet, i really hope we'll get an uber-pissed mac scene!!:D not just because i find such things incredibly hot.....*cough*, but because danny more than has a telling off coming to him, and i'd love to see him get it!!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  10. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

Well, maybe Shane's targeting Danny to get back at Mac--don't all season finales revolve around Mac? I hope Danny is not kidnapped--we had him shot in the back in the beginning of the season--can someone else get a little bit of a story for the end of the season? Anybody? Hawkes? Adam? Sid?

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I've got to admit that if they're going to go with the kidnapping storylline period, the two hopes I have is that it's not Lucy who's kidnapped, and that Lindsay's not thrown in the role of either victim or spectator (the latter came off okay in S3, but in this case I can't imagine either not coming off as borderline misogynistic). While I do think Danny should face consequences for not reporting the badge right away, I'm not sure I want to see a scene where Mac's yelling just to yell (since it doesn't seem like Danny's getting any official penalty).

As for why Shane's after Danny...given the complicated nature of his plan, I'm perversely hoping the reason is a fairly simple one :lol: He could just be mad at Danny for effectively shattering his illusion of his brother...misplaced anger and all that.

12. Top41

CSI: NY is only an ensemble show to an extent... in the end it all comes down to the leads. That's just the reality of the show... it's always going to come back to Mac in one way or another, at least in the finales.

I'd rather see her do something useful like save Danny, but I thought that season three finale kind of illustrated that her character wasn't all that useful. I am the first to agree that the show--and all the CSI shows--can be more than a little misogynistic, but some of this seems specific to Lindsay and her character overall.

That said, I'd like to see her break the mold and save Danny, especially since if she's going to be married to Danny, she's going to need to learn to do that. Danny constantly needs saving. :lol:

No, but Danny does need to be chewed out for this one. Flack chewing him out was very satisfying, but apparently not very effective, since the badge hasn't been reported. That, and Flack and Danny seem as chummy as ever, suggesting Flack is at the very least keeping Danny's secret.

That would probably make the most sense, though I hope the resolution has some depth to it, since essentially misplaced anger would mean Danny is paying a heavy price for being compassionate. I wonder how that will affect him?

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

me four!

:lol:

i hope you're right - or at least that there is some other, less predictable storyline coming from the situation.

14. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Breaking the mold, that's exactly what I'd want to happen :lol: The idea of a kidnapping plot is seriously dampening my enthusiasm for the finale (because oh-em-gee cliche), but if they're going to go with it, I'd hope to see an original twist to it. Like the female(s) being the rescuers, rather than the damsel-in-distress.

With the theme of disillusionment Flack's been working this season, Danny going through a similar type of disillusionment might fit well with that. It's a different scenario, of course, but they'd both have figured out that doing the right thing doesn't always pay. In Flack's case, I think he's figured that doing the wrong thing, while initially satisfying, isn't all that great either, and he could be the one to let Danny know that if that's the conclusion Danny comes to after this whole Shane thing.[/speculation]

15. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I'm really not enthralled by the possibility of a kidnapping in the finale. I'm still hoping that it turns out that no one is abducted in the finale, and they've managed to turn Shane Casey's return and somewhat stalkerish tendencies toward Danny down a different kind of plot. No 'napping. Not Lucy cos it would be lame. Not Lindsay, for reasons others have mentioned, and it's not something I would personally find a fabulous way to end the season, nor would it sustain my interest throughout the whole of the summer. Not Danny. He's done his turn already. Not some red shirt recurring crewman. Not some bystander buying a coffee in the wrong place at the wrong time as someone being chased looks for a desparate way out, yada. Not anyone.

The past few seasons. 3 out of 5 finales involved kidnapping. Danny was abducted in Snow Day along with Adam. At least that wasn't a cliffhanger. Mac was abducted in that subtle ep called "Hostage," and last year in Pay Up they were all chasing after Connor Dunbrook, who was kidnapped. (If ya wanna go back to S2 even, one could say that the bomber held the city hostage). Perhaps there could be a finale, even a cliffhanger that somehow does not involve kidnapping, abductions, hostage taking, and assorted related variants...? :p

(Mebbe that would be breaking the mold in itself?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.