Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electra

electra Pathologist

I also missed the profiling part.Knowing why they do it , is half the fun of this show.But the pain of the parents and the horror of the kids felt so real that I was on tears at the end.I was so happy that Charlie was alive and that his mother was vindicated at the end.I will give it an 9.

One thing I am not sure,Was it me or Morgan seemed like on charge instead of Hotch?

2. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Very good episode, but very different than any other episode. They basically did the work of regular police... go door to door and find something suspicious.

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

He reverted back to it in a way, while I have to admit that the question to JJ was legit in a way (about her being a mom), in another it really wasn't, it would be like JJ asking him if he wanted a case because it had to do with child abuse or a cute woman or because his gut told him something more was there. I kind of liked that the women were more out there with the idea's and such, they aren't all in back ground, but to seem them in this what has been called in charge mode seemed cool to me, and it was individual, while it was also a group deal with them.

as to the "where was the profiling" yes the show is based on that, but the profile was unlike other eps, a very easy one I think they just did a change up. In the story I posted Matthew (who directed this ep) said that it more or less would be from the victims persepective and less of the profiling. As to Joe (Rossi) I was a little surprised his speaking role was down alot but then I noticed his voice was a little rougher then usual, so I wonder if he didn't have vocal problems (ie sore throat, etc).

But mostly I wonder if this episode wasn't to take it away from profiling into what the victims and their families endure, and add in the crew (ie Garcia, Em, JJ, Morgan, Reid) to let us see them work without the veterans (Hotch, and Rossi).

4. electra

electra Pathologist

That´s a good theory,destiny.Becouse definely we could feel the horror from the victims perspective and the parents.I did like it in general and it make sense if they tried to do something different.

I did not liked Morgan questioning JJ either.I sometimes think that he is in general tougher with her then usual.I remember when Reid was abducted that I felt that he should have been more supportive.I am sure there are more exemples.

5. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

electra, Morgan wasn't very supportive of Reid in "Revelations"? That's surprising, because he's usually in big brother protective mode big time.

Destiny, it would be pretty amusing if the only reason why Rossi was MIA, and his scene with Hotch at the beginning of the ep was clipped, was because JM had a sore throat. If I found out that was the reason, I'd hate the episode less.

6. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

I thought that too, I never liked the way he treated JJ when Reid was abducted, he was pretty much outright blaming her and I thought that was completely unfair and he was quite tough with her this episode as well.

7. Destiny

Well they do tend to film out of sequines so maybe thats what happened, when the filming started (that first scene) he was fine. I know this one flu bug has been going around and hitting people hard, my dad had it for four days, I got the mild version of 12-24 hrs. But I can tell you that my dads voice was raspy like, his throat wasn't sore but it did affect his vocals. Might be what happened to JM.

They also might wanted to have more focus on the other five (JJ, Em, Garcia, Morgan & Reid) to show how they relate on a case without big brother and uncle around (sorry but I can't say the parents lmao) seems Hotch and Rossi both only came in or spoke at certain points as if to keep them on course if they needed something, or what have you.

Morgan has been acting wierd alot with all of them, and not to mention Garcia pointing out that getting involved with a victims family member not a good idea. Now some might say they all do that, and they do but not to the extent Morgan did. Rossi did with the kids, because of the fact it had been twenty years and he and them needed closure but he didn't go that far about it (the kids thought he had they were wrong), but I notice that ever since JJ had her baby Morgan is strangely suspious of her motives for presenting the case and bring up that she is a mom.

Take in that ep with the fire killing the kids and suddenly suicides spiked in a small town, Morgan was against it before anything was really to profile or anyone put their thoughts into it. I also think noticed he didn't seem to like that Rossi informed them that they were taking the case.

Now had they followed Morgan and left it go the angel of death if you will would have continued, he [Morgan] just didn't seem all that interested. Where as Em, JJ, even Reid, and Garcia agreed with Rossi that something was a miss, and Hotch must have agreed when he showed up later and got the info he was working it with them.

I give Hotch points in the one ep, when he mentioned that he noticed the type of cases she brings him, he allowed her that thoughtful moment to hear him and think on it, nothing accusing, and after that rarely unless in passing was it mentioned again.

So I am wondering if this temperment from Morgan, isn't leading to something of a storyline for him, sort of paving the path if you will little things here and there, then add them up? And a storyline is the outcome.

I don't know and that isn't a hint or a spoiler but rather a thought on it.

8. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

You bring up some interesting things. I wish I had time right now to respond to them all. I don't know what to think about Morgan. I don't tend to watch him as closely as I do Hotch, because of what Hotch went through. Maybe the way Morgan is acting has something to do with what's going to happen in the spinoff since the spinoff characters are going to be introduced in the original show.

I hope this next episode is an exciting one with lots of profiling.

Poor JM if he got that nasty flu.

9. Destiny

Yeah it took my dad four days with it, and he is still getting over it and its been way over a week.

The next episode (Thanks to the futon critic and Tv.com)

Air Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2010
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#517) "Solitary Man"

AFTER WOMEN ARE ADBUCTED FROM RANDOM PLACES, THE BAU MUST PROFILE A TRUCK DRIVER IN ORDER TO STOP HIM. - A truck driver is kidnapping women and disposing of them in random locations and the BAU must find out his motive in order to catch him. - Local authorities in Edgewood, New Mexico, summon the BAU to investigate a truck driver who is kidnapping women and disposing of them in random locations as he apparently tries to find a new mother for his daughter.

Gabrielle Carteris ("Beverly Hills 90210") Guest Stars as an Abduction Victim

Guest Cast:

Nancy Campbell... Gabrielle Carteris
    Truck Driver... Bradford Tatum
    Lynn Clemons... Melissa Culverwell
    Jody Clemons... Morgan Lily
    Tanya Hill... Kimberly Adair
    Betty... Scarlett McAlister
    Sam... Stuart G. Bennett
    Bobby Lainsford... Ariana Savalas
    Sheriff Frank Sanders... Obba Babtund
    Courtney Campbell... Brynn Samms
    Manager... Hugo Armstrong

After this episode above, the next two will be repeats & no I don't know why lol.

3/17/10 (#506) The Eyes Have It (R)
    The BAU is called to Oklahoma City to help local authorities track a serial killer who removes the eyes of his murder victims and keeps the eyes as souvenirs. - (Salli Richardson-Whitfield Returns as Tamara Barnes from the ep 504 "Hopeless" the sister of a murder victim Morgan visits and Garcia warns him against).

3/24/10 (#507) The Performer (R)
    The BAU is called to Los Angeles to investigate a series of killings that lead to a Goth rock star who appears to have become lost in the creepy alter-ego he portrays when he is on stage. (Rock Star Gavin Rossdale Guest Stars as a Performer Suspected of Murder)

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Didn't they do something like this on CSI Vegas once before? Where a guy abducted random women and it was a truck driver?

11. electra

electra Pathologist

I sure hope Destiny is right becouse it's time for a Morgan storyline.It has been a while.I was surprised after "REVELATIONS" that Morgan was not more supportive with Reid.He acts like his big brother in the family tree we did long ago.And he was really tough with JJ that had enough on her plate at that time.He is usually a gentleman with women.He carried Emily in the hospital and was so sweet with Garcia on "Penelope" that it does not make sense.

Thanks for the spoilers:thumbsup:

12. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Ok I've got bad memory I know, but wasn't there an epi already with a man abducting women and searching for a new "mum" for his kid? maybe in another show? *shrugs*

13. Destiny

I am not sure, so many shows have had this but I do believe there might have been one. But again so many I can't guarentee it. ETA: might you be thinking of the I-15 murders? see so many shows do similar topics if you will it's hard to tell anymore lol.

Good Memory, The ep your thinking of guest starred Eddie Cibrian as the dad Joe Smith, he had a brain tumor I believe and used his son to lure women. In this episode Em requested a tranferre, Hotch was relieved of his duties, and Gideon was mia, Strauss stepped up to take over and JJ, Reid & Morgan had to deal with her, until Hotch and Em fineally came back. "302 In Birth & Death"

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's the ep I was thinking of, Destiny. :) I thought that the title was something like that, but couldn't remember exactly. :lol:

15. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

I've never seen the I-15 murders, but to me it sounds like a recycling of the ep with Eddie Cibrian, which wasn't a bad ep. I'm just hoping though, that it's going to be a good one with everything in it that caused me to fall in love with the show...the cameraderie between the characters, smart profiling, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.