Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ I have to agree there.
    Some think (& it's fine, I'm not dissing here) that TPTB could do the D/L thing & all would be good for everyone. I disagree with that. 'Marriages' don't fit in with teams, & they're incredibly boring to watch. What makes a noticeable difference with D/L is that one half of the couple is more of a background character. Lindsay seems to come & go at times, so IMO, I've never felt that she or thier marriage disrupts the team vibe NY has. I've already seen what the E/C relationship does to this team; having them (semi-lead characters no less) married & in the background is not going to help any, & I honestly don't feel that it will help the others have more screentime or storylines.

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree.I've seen the D/L thing bought up in different places.How could anyone fail to notice that Lindsay is one of the characters that is rotated out at times,she isn't seen or mentioned in the episode.Marriages or relationships work better with a recurring cast member.They can be seen on occasion and mentioned when need be.
    There has even been talk of Grissom and Sara's marriage,and Grissom isn't even there,it's a long distance marriage.To feel that these 2 marriages somehow justifies an E/C is marriage amazing.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Both of you are right. Comparing E/C to Sara and Grissom or Danny and Lindsay just doesn't work. In neither of those instances did the relationship come close to playing the dominate role E/C plays on CSI Miami.

But I guess if it's something you enjoy the time flies (I know it did on The X-Files when I loved Mulder/Scully - I couldn't believe how fast those episodes went). But when it's something you have a hard time watching and really dislike, you have less of a tendency to count each agonizing second. That's how it is for me when E/C appears. :(

4. Court

Court Prime Suspect

I couldn't agree more, though I don't know that it is possible for anyoe to match the kind of chemistry that Mulder and Scully had - Duchovny and Anderson were way too good. I could watch their interactions over and over.

I've tried to give the E/C storyline a chance - I really have. I forced myself to watch the E/C centric episodes a couple of times, but they don't leave me with anything other than a headache and a hope TPTB won't destroy the only television show I've had any real modicum of interest in since The X-Files.

Get back to the science, leave in the levity (Frank, Ryan, Jesse, Walter, Tom and Natalia), give us Caine in a labcoat and leave the pseudo-romantic garbage out.

Just my two cents.

5. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

i agree they should end it now before it gets even more worse then it already is

6. Emmie

Emmie Victim

First time posting here. I agree with a lot of points made here. One question though: What does TPTB stand for? And all those other abbreviations?

From an Emily Procter radio interview, I heard that it's going to be their last season. I think by 'their', I mean Emily's last season. Honestly, as much as I love the show, I wanted them to end it. I'm more content with Calleigh's possible death though. That means no more E/C soap opera. But then now I'm irritated by Eric coming back...

Sigh~ I miss the old CSI: Miami. Season 1-3 were the best ones, for me. Where has the cheerful workaholic bullet expert, and the immature Cuban with his one-night stands gone? Is Horatio really the main character anymore? Whatever happened to the other supporting characters? Why did the team's friendship just suddenly disappeared into thin air? The writers have really gone too far for their ratings and views. I lost it during the last episode... SPACE? Really? Sometimes I don't even feel like I'm watching CSI: Miami anymore.

I'll just craw back to my season 1-3 hole now...
    And sorry if I'm repeating the points made here.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

TPTB= The Powers That Be meaning the show's producers, writers, show-runners, etc. :) What other abbreviations did you mean? That only others I recall are abbreviations for episode titles. Unless you mean like IMO which is "in my opinion" or IMHO which is "in my honest (or sometimes its humble) opinion". Are those the ones you mean?

8. Emmie

Emmie Victim

That's all. Thank you. :D

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

You're welcome, glad to help. :) And welcome to the site by the way. :)

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hi Emmie. You might be referring to initials we often use, so if it's of any help E/C is Eric and Calleigh, EP is Emily Procter, AR is Adam Rodriguez.

11. slower

slower Lab Technician

Was it my imagination or was there no E/C interaction on monday? B/C it felt like HEAVEN!!! I was dreading the gag-a-minute soap. It didn't happen and I was thanking the writers for a change. :beer:

12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

It wasn't your imagination, slower. It was refreshing and I found myself liking Eric a bit more because of it. I actually saw the "old" Eric emerge.

But I'm not going to get comfortable. I have no doubt whatsoever that E/C will be back. IMO, Calliegh is a "one trick pony" at this point and there is no other storyline they have for her.

"LA" showed me that there is a remote possibility that Eric could be salvageable. But I really believe they brought him back for no other reason then to act as stud service for Calleigh. :(

13. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Hope I'm not straying too far off E/C, but something just occurred to me with Miami. Being happily married for nearly 24 years, I just sit here and scratch my head.

Does anyone besides me notice that the Miami CSI's are smart, professional, sharp, thorough, the best in the business, but when it comes to love, romance and marriage, most of them seemed to have checked their brains at the door?

Are the writers that desperate to have relationships, or are they going off of their personal experiences? :wtf:

14. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Absolutely. Trust me, you're not the only one who notices it and I'm with you 100%.

While I can understand the fact our CSIs can't have a normal romantic relationship because this is TV and on TV we don't want functional healthy relationships (they would be boring :p), they're exaggerating!!! It is entirely possible to have a dysfunctional relationship, but TPTB also know how to have dysfunctional couples.....come on...nothing of what happened between the two is functional and healthy for thier so-called relationship which seems odd and based on poor material. No wonder it crumbles everytime they have some trouble (like when the whole chaos on 7x25 took place...I wasn't surprised at all) and it creates itself and goes one with no strong bases :rolleyes:

I swear Delko and Calleigh were smart till the first part of s5, then everything went downhill and I can't even imagine what happened to their brains in the meantime :lol:.....something is missing! Better look for it!! :lol:.

Not saying that everyone else is smarter than them, but still :p

15. slower

slower Lab Technician

Did anyone see Adam's latest interview for zap2it.com? He was talking about his upcoming marriage on "Ugly Betty". In the interview he talked about E/C and said "he doesn't anticipate wedding bells anytime soon". What do you suppose this means? Maybe we are going to be tortured to death all of season 9 or maybe they are going to kill the relationship altogether. One can oly hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.