**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baybeehannah

baybeehannah Witness

OMG THNK YOU SO MUCH, you have made me and everyone else HAPPY!!! :drool:it is so much more different than the original.

2. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Okay guys, the episode thread for 8x16 - LA is now up so please move any discussion about this episode over there now.

I'm really excited about this episode. :D

3. csi681

csi681 Hit and Run

does anyone know if in "LA" eric is going to have any scenes with calleigh

4. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Most likely they will, considering they've thrown those two together in every other episode Eric was on. So I wouldn't be surprised that Eric and Calleigh will have scenes together.

Don't think you'll have to worry about that one!;)

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

According to the info at the sidebar, I may have been right to fear that they'll pull a story for Jesse like Elle's on Criminal Minds. The info makes it sound almost exactly like I thought. :( I didn't want to be right on this one.

6. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

You aren't the only one who's worried. I don't even know if I should be worried that Jesse may leave or be excited that Eddie's getting some good stuff to work with.

I feel like watching the Tony Almeida storyline unfolding on 24. This whole question of justice and revenge and crossing the line.

It definitely worries me about what exactly they're planning.:(

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Sounds to me like he'll either be reckless and get himself killed or be reckless and get himself put on the unemployment line. either way it doesn't sound good for him or for those of us who are fans of Jesse. Its starting to sound like he may be leaving the show. :( I hope I'm wrong though.

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I hope so too, GNRF. :(

I suppose they could be messing with us, but with AR's coming back I have a bad feeling that Cibrian will be the sacrificial lamb here. And I just feel that is wrong.

It's really too bad. TPTB set him up for receiving negative reaction from every corner of the fansbase. They did a less than stellar job of introducing Jesse by devoting so much time to him in the first part of the season, and therefore making fans of other characters very nervous because their favorite character wasn't being seen. And Cibrian was a target for a LOT of hostility from the moment it was announced he was joining the case because it was preceived he was replacing Eric.

Cibrian really stepped into the firestorm and I think he did a great job keeping his nose to the grindstone and doing the job. No whining and no complaining. I really hope the keep him. He, along with Omar, have been good for the show.

This season has been such an improvement over the past 4 seasons. With Jesse gone there is too great a chance it will be back to same old, same old.

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I don't know what is going to be the difference between this story line, with Jesse possibly crossing the line of justice, and what Horatio and Eric did with Marisol's killer in season 5. Why would it be wrong for Jesse to want the man he thinks killed his wife dead(unless the man is found not to be guilty) any different. Now they think it's wrong to be a vigilanty cop.

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Great point, snowbunny!

I guess it depends on HOW Jesse deals with his wife's killer that will determine my reaction.

While I know that Horatio and Eric went to Brazil for Marisol's killer, there were indications they tried to extradite him and couldn't get through the Brazilian corruption. In Horatio's case I didn't feel that Riaz was murdered. Riaz started out fighting with Eric and ended up with Horatio. Everyone had knives and I felt it was more a self-defense situation. (I know there are those who DO think Horatio is guilty of murdering Riaz - I'm just not one of them.)

So, for me anyway, it will depend on the circumstances surrounding Jesse's dealing with the murderer. I hope he stays on the right side. I really DON'T want to see Jesse go.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Jesse doesn't have to end up on the wrong side.He may just end up so disappointed or devastated at the outcome that he leaves or takes a break.

12. electra

electra Pathologist

I liked Elle' ending on criminal minds.It was a character I never cared much but with an impact at the end.Same could be said for Jesse.Given Speed 's ending,It will be an improvement to copy that.

I am really excited for this episode.With Zombie and all the guest stars It looks like one not to miss.

13. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

It is seeming likely that this is leading to Jesse going. Hopefully they dont pull a Tara and have him arrested!
    It would be a shame to see him go, because he hasn't had the opportunity to win people over yet.

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Exactly, Solitaire! It really is a shame if it actually happens. TPTB really didn't create an atmosphere that gave him much of a chance. They couldn't have missed all the hostility and negativity being dumped on the actor/character from the moment his inclusion on the show as announced.

First they introduce him in a manner that makes him a dominate presence for a long period of time (didn't learn a thing from CSI's introduction of Langstron).

Then, whether he replaced Delko or not that is the way it was perceived (and the reason for all the hostility directed at the actor/character), and they expect him to connect and find his audience with Delko coming and going and muddying up the waters.

It was impossible. I really wish they'd figure out where they are heading with this show. This timeslot is no longer a given with no competition. With Law & Order moving into the timeslot for NBC and ABC with Castle on the other side (and doing pretty good), CSI Miami needs to recognize that it's time to get back to quality episodes and not the same tired old stories with the same tired old characters.

It really sounds like "LA" is a good start, but the question is can they keep it up. I'm a big fan of Law & Order and Castle as well. It's going to be a tough decision.

They really are missing an opportunity here. These new character really brought fresh blood to the show. It's too bad no one apparently has the ability to see the big picture.

15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Ack! If they kill off another one of my favourite characters, you'll hear this Miami fan screaming all the way from Canadia. :eek: I don't think I'll be able to take it again. :lol:

That being said, I'm liking the multi-episode arc(s) this season. It'll be interesting how Blackthorne's "several more episodes" plays into the rest of the season.

Although, I'm going to assume (and hope) that

this means that Enright (Blackthorne) will be the one ending up dying in a standoff with Jesse, whom I'm hoping will have taken the shot legally. :p Judging by Horatio's various 'deadly confrontations' over the seasons, Jesse's will probably take on a similar note and be way overhyped to scare fans (just like Jesse pointing the gun at Walter). At least that's my interpretation of the spoilers. I'm probably way biased though. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.