CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

Sorry if I am wrongly interjecting myself into this discussion and I will probably get burned for this but what wth:

Whether one sees the interactions of Mac and Stella as "hints" of romance or compatibility or not, The fact is that although Stella has touched, hugged, kissed Mac and adjusted his tie (as did Lindsay once as well), Mac has never reciprocated with any sign of affection except for the hug at Christmas this season. That was sweet but not romantic. Hell, we haven't even caught him looking at her boobs and they've been on display for six seasons! Stella on the other hand is a very touchy feely person. I wonder if that is a characteristic of Melina as a person that she has incorporated into the character. Stella has also hugged Sheldon, touched Adam (before the night at the motel), hugged and or touched Flack, kissed him on the cheek, touched Danny (in his apartment no less). That alone tells me that people see what they want to see in a person's actions.

When it comes time for the "familiar character" to tell Mac of their feelings for him, I hope it's not Stella. To me it would be very selfish of her to wait until he is involved with someone else to tell him what her feelings are, especially when she has had such an active social life herself for the past 5 seasons. I just don't see how I could respect the character if that happens.

There are more ways than just the fact of being displayed on screen as "touchy"

Mac allowed Stella an emotional closeness he didn't allow to anybody else not even Peyton. He allowed himself to be vulnerable,to show his real emotions in front someone different than Claire
You can say "Well, they are the best friends"

And yes, i 'd agree but i am a firm believer, your soulmate MUST be your friend
I mean, what's the point of being married to George when you only express your real feelings to David?:confused:

Of course, everything was made in a "subtle" way so in that way non shippers could say it was just a friendship exchange and we, shippers, coul say ther was more than a simple friendship

As usual a matter of perception

I'd say explaining to Peyton that he was having a hard time moving on after Claire died and saying that he cared enough about Peyton to pursue an (not just sexually) intimate relationship with her was showing an emotional closeness he doesn't even share with Stella. Peyton got him to go with her to London to meet her family and I highly doubt Mac is the type of guy who would do that if he wasn't emotionally close to someone. Hell, he wouldn't take time off from the lab if he wasn't emotionally close to someone. With Peyton it was the emotional closeness of a romantic couple. With Stella it's the emotional closeness you share with a friend and/or family. I'm speculating we'll see more of the same with the new love interest, except that Mac has moved on from grieving for Claire.

Last edited:

Whether one sees the interactions of Mac and Stella as "hints" of romance or compatibility or not, The fact is that although Stella has touched, hugged, kissed Mac and adjusted his tie (as did Lindsay once as well), Mac has never reciprocated with any sign of affection except for the hug at Christmas this season. That was sweet but not romantic. Hell, we haven't even caught him looking at her boobs and they've been on display for six seasons! Stella on the other hand is a very touchy feely person. I wonder if that is a characteristic of Melina as a person that she has incorporated into the character. Stella has also hugged Sheldon, touched Adam (before the night at the motel), hugged and or touched Flack, kissed him on the cheek, touched Danny (in his apartment no less). That alone tells me that people see what they want to see in a person's actions.

There are more ways than just the fact of being displayed on screen as "touchy"

Mac allowed Stella an emotional closeness he didn't allow to anybody else not even Peyton. He allowed himself to be vulnerable,to show his real emotions in front someone different than Claire
You can say "Well, they are the best friends"

And yes, i 'd agree but i am a firm believer, your soulmate MUST be your friend
I mean, what's the point of being married to George when you only express your real feelings to David?:confused:

Of course, everything was made in a "subtle" way so in that way non shippers could say it was just a friendship exchange and we, shippers, coul say ther was more than a simple friendship

As usual a matter of perception

I'd say explaining to Peyton that he was having a hard time moving on after Claire died and saying that he cared enough about Peyton to pursue an (not just sexually) intimate relationship with her was showing an emotional closeness he doesn't even share with Stella. Peyton got him to go with her to London to meet her family and I highly doubt Mac is the type of guy who would do that if he wasn't emotionally close to someone. Hell, he wouldn't take time off from the lab if he wasn't emotionally close to someone. With Peyton it was the emotional closeness of a romantic couple. With Stella it's the emotional closeness you share with a friend and/or family. I'm speculating we'll see more of the same with the new love interest, except that Mac has moved on from grieving for Claire.

^^Bingo Baby (to quote Danny)! I think that hit it square on the nail and I can't add a thing that would make it better. Well said, PA.

I don't recall making EVERY interaction between Adam/Stella into something that wasn't there.
WHOA THERE! Dont get your hackles up:lol: I didnt accuse you of that! I was simply stating as a difference of opinion; just because Stella slept with Adam doesnt suggest she has been nuturing some hidden desire over the years, we dont know the circumstances that ensued, they could have been "lonely', "bored","shook up" or drunk, the fact that she said NO MORE suggests to me it was not something she would have done under "Normal" circumstance. That is the beauty of storylines, we can inflict anything we want in the part we dont get to see.:)

last time i checked, all stella's actions were being directed at adam ;):guffaw::guffaw:
Cant agree :) Stella is affectionate with all her co-workers not just Adam. Well maybe not everyone in the lab ...there was Dannys dog friend!:lol:

Hell, we haven't even caught him looking at her boobs
On contraire I saw him take a couple peeky weekies:lol:

everyone in the lab would be doing it like rabbits with everyone else because each ship can make a case for their own subtext and interpretations of interactions between characters.
Thus creating titillating conversation for each other to enjoy:lol:

I know the smackies ( and I love all of you :luvlove:and respect your feelings ) don't agree with them, but, the fact is she chose him for whatever reason, and to dismiss that does'nt change it. I don't see Stella as an insecure needy woman who has to cling to a man in bed to make herself feel better when she is having a bad day.
Thats a fact but the after sex followup facts are she said it was a mistake and she did not want to do it again So the question is was she having a "bad day" before or after the sex!!:lol:

Whoa, the spoiler thread turned into a shipper thread again... :lol:

I forgot to say: Thanks for the spoiler pics! It's so cool to see Eriq La Salle! I didn't see him on screen for...ages!

Mac has talked to several people on Claire and how hard it was for him, so his comment to Driscoll was not a bit different:confused:
And not necessarily a sexual intercourse was a sign he was deeply envolved with her. Not even if he said he cared for Driscoll (something i can't recall either:confused:) I mean, he did say in Silent Night he wanted things work between them but personally i think it was because she was too pushy and made him feel like crap because he didn't feel in the same way. He can't stand a crying woman so when she started her infamous speech: "Because you are not ready for ussssss" and then finding her crying in the morgue just forced him to start something he didn't really want

Later in Comes Around he didn't seem any bit closer to Driscoll emotionally than he was before
And the fact he went to London (when at the beginning of Snow Day he wasn't entusiastic AT ALL almost reluctant) is not a proof of anything

He went through a hard time with the lab under attack and i took his trip as "Ok i have enough with this. I take some days off and that's it"

Whoa, the spoiler thread turned into a shipper thread again... :lol:

I forgot to say: Thanks for the spoiler pics! It's so cool to see Eriq La Salle! I didn't see him on screen for...ages!

Yeah. Sorry about my part in that. My original intent was to say that judging characters negatively before they've had one second of screen time doesn't make sense, that subtext isn't the same as canon and that someone may see different things and have different interpretations of canon events but that doesn't change the actual canon of the show, so that's what I'll reiterate for my final words on the subject.

It's cool that Eriq La Salle is directing an episode. He's a talented guy and it should be a good one.

6.17 - Pot of Gold

WHEN TWO YOUNG JOURNALISTS ARE FOUND DEAD ON THE EVE OF ST. PATRICK'S DAY, THE CSIs TRY TO FIND THE CLUE AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW, ON "CSI: NY," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10
Mädchen Amick ("Gossip Girl") Guest Stars as a Woman Who Piques Mac's Interest

Ian Ziering ("Beverly Hills, 90210") Guest Stars as Owner of a Precious Metal Firm

Episode Directed by Eriq La Salle ("ER")

"Pot of Gold" - When a double homicide involving two young journalists who are investigating a story about gold fraud occurs on the eve of St. Patrick's Day, the CSIs must find the clue at the end of the rainbow, on CSI: NY, Wednesday, March 10 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Mädchen Amick ("Gossip Girl," "Twin Peaks") guest stars as a woman who piques Mac's interest. Ian Ziering ("Beverly Hills, 90210") guest stars as the owner of a precious metal firm. This episode is directed by Eriq La Salle ("ER").

SERIES REGULARS:

Det. Mac Taylor........................ .... Gary Sinise
Det. Stella Bonasera......... Melina Kanakaredes
Danny Messer................... Carmine Giovinazzo
Dr. Sheldon Hawkes....................... Hill Harper
Det. Don Flack............................. Eddie Cahill
Lindsay Monroe......................... Anna Belknap
Adam Ross.................................... AJ Buckley
Dr. Sid Hammerback...................... Robert Joy

GUEST CAST:

Reed Garrett................................ Kyle Gallner
Aubrey Hunter....................... Mädchen Amick
Finnegan Hansard................ Kieran Hutchinson
Thom Weir...................................... Ian Ziering
Cam Vandemann..................... Aaron Ashmore
Agent Pangle.................................... Erin Cahill
Phil............................................. John Barbolla
Real Estate Agent.............................. Jina Song
Drunk Girl.................................. Sarah Karges
Charlie Cooper........................... Kanin Howell

WRITTEN BY: Trey Callaway

DIRECTED BY: Eriq La Salle

GENRE: CRIME DRAMA, ACTION, ADVENTURE, SUSPENSE, MYSTERY

RATING: TV14-LV

On the Web: www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_ny/

Yeah, I agree, Eriq is a talented man. It's a nice surprise that he is directing this one.

Thanks for the clip, perlnoir. :D

Video promo more longer 6.16
Thanks PERLNOIR!:thumbsup:Blessed are the "peacemakers":lol: By the way who is that guy in the green shirt talking to Stella, Danny ,Flack and Hawkes?:lol:

so that's what I'll reiterate for my final words on the subject.
So why dont we all just "cuddle up" and talk about Flack and the little boy?:drool:
Did we ever find out how many episodes they will be airing this season?

Last edited:

Erin Cahill
Any relation to Eddie?
And Eriq La Salle directing.... WOW!

Erin Cahill
Any relation to Eddie?
And Eriq La Salle directing.... WOW!

Could be, i know Eddie has 2 sisters i dont know their names but Cahill is not exactly a common last name so it would be a pretty big coincidence if they werent related.

Jade_Nolan said:
when people work together as partners in a high stress situation such as law enforcement, there is a certain level of trust and familiarity which develops .... you are totally and completely comfortable with each other, having shared experiences, emotions, events and witnessed things which others can't possibly relate to. and i can totally understand how people who have never experienced such a relationship or witnessed it, can misinterpret it as a romantic one. to me, being in EMS/first response, and fortunate enough to have had a couple of partners like that, i totally see that in mac and stella's relationship. despite his title, they'll always be the partners they were before he got it. and while such relationships can definitely turn romantic (which i hope it does in the end ;)), it's not an automatic given, just because. especially since clearly they had developed their friendship/bond while he was still married.

this, basically. i think it'd be interesting to take it to another level someday, maybe, but i don't think it's necessary, i don't think the way they interact necessarily shows romance, i think you're absolutely right that it's more about trust, on a more basic level, which comes from working in that kind of situation.

[ot]however, Jade, please don't use the word familiarity, especially immediately after someone's explained that intimate doesn't have to mean sexual - you know what it does to me :(:lol:[/ot]
oh but you love it, and you know it!! ;):lol: plus you never know, maybe they also go out for shots of orange juice before their shift!! develop that real sense of fraternity! ;) :guffaw:

anyway, back on topic.....:p Perl, loooooooooooooooooooove the longer promo clip!!!! :D *wriggles with impatience* can NOT wait! and Eriq looks like he's really a fun, intense director! along with danny chasing, st. patricks day (yay Ireland!!), maybe shy smiley mac;).....can't wait! :D yeah, i'm excited about new eps if you can't tell... ;):hugegrin:

Originally Posted by ladyhunter
Erin Cahill
Any relation to Eddie?

I read that Eddie has one younger sister and was born and grew up in New York City. Erin Cahill was born two years after Eddie in Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back