Eric and Calleigh #37: Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Jul 30, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Aug 4, 2009.
  1. Powering Through Adversity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Against All Odds

23 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. Eye to Eye; Heart to Heart

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. No Distance Between Them

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Together to the End

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Now and Forever

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  7. Adversity Only Makes Them Stronger

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  8. They Belong Together

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Love Knows No Boundaries

2 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. No One Loves Him Like She Does

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I actually love 'No more drama' title. I know it's hard to believe, but this name came to my head recently. And the song :)

2. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I'd hold off on the E/C babies because it's just too Danny/Lindsey and the only reason that happened was because Anna Belknap was actually pregnant.

3. electra

electra Pathologist

I really like Becouse "IT " keeps happening.They can not help it,no matter how hard they try or the extreme circumstances they are facing.

They are showing reruns in my country and it feels so good to watch now that I know they will become a couple.The glances,flirting was definely there.:)

4. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

:guffaw:my favourite titles, especially the 1st one. I have a strong feeling about EC and that's them 'being' and 'staying' together...forever. Usually my instinct is right, so I barely have any worries about Eric coming back, only about screen time.

PS I think 'it' doesn't usually stand for just sex, it's more like 'love making' lol.

5. Hallie

Hallie Dead on Arrival

Well, i have to think they did the push pull with them because of adam's absence and hoped he would return so they keep it going but since he wasn't really on not much they could do with him. I do think they will keep them together only because when eric left at the begining of the season it gave them an out to permenitly end them but they did take it. As of last episode or the one before i think they threw in a scene with them together in the morning for how i look at it they didn't really have to do that if they were going to end them but since they did it seems more like they wanted to build them back up

6. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Hey, with what we all saw in "In the Wind", that, in my opinion, was not just having sex, but making love. It was in the tender way Calleigh ran her hands along Eric's torso and...oh my goodness, the almost worshipful way Eric looked at her the whole time. That was no mere hook-up. That was the prelude to making love....stupid District Attorney/Dispatch.

Since there are episodes already written and filmed prior to Adam's announcement, there's still going to probably be some uncertainty as where their relationship stands. The remaining of Adam's episodes not filmed yet will tell.

I firmly believe they'll leave them together and Stetler and IAB be damned. Super H will shield them and nobody on the team would dare breathe a word. Eric has a temper, but Calleigh is the Bullet Girl.......

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  7. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

The future of Eric’s relationship with Calleigh Duquesne (Emily Procter) remains unknown at this point as well. “I’m curious to see what they have in mind,” Rodriguez said. “But I think we have to go all the way down the road at this point. I would really love to explore the relationship fully and see what it’s like to have these people that have had this attraction to each other and are finally getting into this relationship for real after all this time. It certainly took a long enough for it to actually happen.”
    “I think we owe it to the people who wanted to see it happen to give them the whole ride as opposed to making it a short one, [especially since] it’s not about me leaving now,” he continued. “Now that I’m going to stay, I think that we’ll have a little more latitude as far as what we can do with the relationship.”

I put the above in spoilers just in case, but I absolutely love the fact that they are supporting the relationship between Eric & Calleigh.

I really do hope that they are able to get past the nonsense that they have created for our favorite couple and let them enjoy their relationship. Now I am sure that we won't get a kiss or something about them every episode (but a girl can dream)

Title suggestions:
    Eric & Calleigh #38: Forever yours

8. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I have always loved the fact that Adam and Emily have been full supporters of this ship and actually want it happen and possibly be permanent. It is refreshing to see that Adam wants what we want for them and agrees that it is time for the writers to sh*t or get off the pot!! :lol:

Just like for the fans, it too gets old for the actors. Emily has said throughout this season that she has been actively campaigning to get Adam back so I can't wait to hear what she has to say about this!

Also, is anyone else amazed as much as I am that CBS actually listened to its fan base????? Cuz when Adam said that we played a huge role in getting him back I nearly fell off my chair! I can only imagine the amount of hate mail and mail in general regarding Adam's departure and demand of a return that CBS received. The ratings have been somewhat consistent but it was obvious that his presence was missing b/c Eddie is dull, boring, flat and has absolutely no chemistry with anyone on the show except maybe Walter!! And like Tara, Jesse is turning into an obvious failed experiment that someone needs to pull the plug on....STAT!

Hopefully CBS will continue this trend of listening to the fans and give E/C some real love like Adam suggested. ;)

9. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

That is a VERY good news :) Maybe finally we will get what we want! And that may also mean that Emily will not leave, because surely Adam would know something about it? You can't explore relationship without the other half ;)
    I liked when Adam said that he doesn't want anyone to lose a job because of him, but I think it's ineviteable...

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I thought the same thing kala79 :thumbsup: I know that with this show you never know what could happen but that gave me a tiny bit of hope that Emily will certainly come back next season.

Like some of you have mentioned, I'm also glad that Adam thinks that the relationship should be taken all the way already. I like that he mentions that it's taken a long time for them to be together and that it wouldn't be fair to the supporters of the ship to just get a short run especially since he is coming back. It's a good moment for the writers to get their ducks in order and do things right.

11. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I also like the fact that both Adam and Emily have openly supported the romantic relationship between their characters. But, then again, how could you not? If I recall correctly, Adam, Emily, and even one or two of the show-runners have said in interviews that the chemistry between Calleigh and Eric was obvious from as far back as Season 1. :luvlove: Adam's a real sweetheart for acknowledging how long E/C supporters have been waiting for the couple to get together, and wanting to give the fans a satisfying outcome to the relationship. And now that Adam will be back full-time for Season 9 (YAY!!), the resolution of Eric's romance with Calleigh won't have to be rushed or forced. Hopefully, the writers will just allow the couple to evolve into happy, loving normalcy, without any unnecessary drama.:thumbsup:

I was also pleasantly surprised to read that CBS actually took notice of the huge outpouring of fan support for Adam's full-time return to the show. I tend to be a bit of a cynic when it comes to how much studios really care about viewers' opinions, so it was really refreshing to read that CBS actually took fans' wishes into account this time around.:)

Now, if only we could get a sound-byte from Emily about her feelings on Adam's return to the show, I'd be a happy camper!;)

12. das576

das576 Hit and Run

I haven't posted on here for AGES but I have been following and I am so excited about the recent developments with Adam returning to the show and I have no doubt the e/c relationship will have no where to go but forward from here! Why would CBS listen to us all and go to the trouble to make a deal to bring him back if they weren't going to push it forward. It wouldn't do them any good to bring him back and end the relationship. I can't wait to see what's coming!!!

13. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

This is a total non-sequitor, but has anyone heard from Jodie, our angst Queen? I haven't in several months. Anyone have any news? If she were active, she'd have been all over this new news. I'm worried. She lives half the Us.s away from me so it's not like I can pound the streets looking for her.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

So please tell me if this right:

Next episode is 8.16 L.A.: Eric is in it (no EC spoilers)

8.17 through 8.19: No Eric

8.20: "Ghost Whisperer" themed episode with Cal's near death experience; Eric is in it and it's a defining moment in their relationship when there is supposed to be some kind of closure.

8.21 through season finale: Eric appears in three more episodes (do we know anything about them?)

15. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Confirmed Hiphugger epis: 8.16 & 8.20
    That leaves Adam with 3 more episodes out of the 10 he was supposed to do this season. If there are 24 episodes in all, he will be in 3 out of the 4 remaining until the finale. Unless they (Adam & CBS) agree to add another one since he renewed his contract and coming back full time next year :)!

Going through the CSIM forums a name for the new EC thread just popped in my head:
    "More of the beautiful sexy hiphuggers Eric & Calleigh!" :guffaw:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.