**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electra

electra Pathologist

I also think they did great and their fanbase contributed for the show to continue .I just think that if the issue was just E/C they would already be having a big storyline now.But then again,I have only watched the last 3 episodes of the season so maybe I will need to watch the whole one.

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Maybe I should say a large part instead of just E/C.The other part being the writers .

3. wickdwtch

wickdwtch Victim

Ok so first off I am personally happy that A.R. is back full time. I don't really care if the rest of you guys are happy or mad. I love the Eric and Calleigh relationship. I don't really like Jesse all that much but Walter is funny and adds something different to the show. Ryan and Natalia i agree need more screen and not just a dramatic episode. Horatio is Horatio he is the leader sort of speak or the father figure to some characters. I may have to agree with Walter maybe Tom is a alien :lol:. I do miss Alexx though, but Tom is kinda funny in a weird kinda way so overall im happy. Some people take the show to personally and need to back off and relax and just enjoy watching the show itself not counting the seconds a character is on and recording it in their journal. geez! So recent spoilers have me a little scared but hopefully the end result will be good. Ok so screentime for Season 9, people stop jumping to conclusions about what the writers are going to do and this is how things are going to go blah blah blah. Ok I am done with my rant hope I dont make too many people mad and if I did who cares. O and I will enjoy watching season 9 this fall as I hope many people do.:thumbsup:

4. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

i have to say i agree. the way these conversations have turned lately has reminded me all too well of the reason why i left the cbs.com forums in the first place, in search of more intelligent conversation. i love this show. i really do. but its a show nonetheless, and i can put my frustration aside and simply enjoy it. i'm sorry if this comes off as a sermon, but i feel these threads have lost their original meaning amidst pages of angry complaints, and i miss discussing things amongst fellow "fans", if they're still here. is it possible to go back to the way it was?

5. wickdwtch

wickdwtch Victim

I agree I used to enjoy seeing what new things people found out but now it is just a bunch of arguments. I am a true fan so me and redanemone will actually talk about the show.

6. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Well I'm certainly glad Adam is coming back full time. This season has been pretty good but his absence was definitely felt. I just hope Eric and Ryan will have a better relationship next season than they've had in the past.

7. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I so agree.
    I have never understood all this taking personally everything that happens to the characters, you have noticed maybe that I don't write that often anymore, and the reason is actually that. I enjoy CSI:Miami as a show, I sit there and watch it. The fact that writers don't write episodes the way I want things to go is understandable, if I was the writer I would write them the way I want. It's like reading a book, it's not like you expect the author to write exactly what you are expecting from the book you brought.
    Everyone is free to say what they think but I believe that there is a thin line between exposing your thoughts about a storyline and a never ending rant.
    There are too many people ranting against the writers, producers and all. I really can't understand it, it's maybe because I entirely know what happens behing the scenes of a show like that, and everything, from screentime to the colors of a lipstick, is taken care and it really amazed me that someone can think that fans know more than writers or producers.
    Please, let's go back to the simple and relaxing discussions of some time ago, I wanna go back to enjoy spending a lot of time on this forum...

About Adam coming back: don't know what to think, it changes a lot of things actually, even in every idea of a possible closure of E/C. Don't think though that he will come back as a CSI, I mean, Eric can't go back and forth like a pinball ball without consequences. Just for the sake of the realism of the storyline. I would enjoy him working for the state attorney though.

8. slower

slower Lab Technician

OK, setting aside the discussion about Adam's return for the moment. In everyone's defense; episode 8x15 "Miami we have a problem", had a very nice discussion. Most all were pleased with the team interactions and the forensics portion of the episode; however out there it may have been.

It is no secret that I am not pleased; and I will tell you why.

1) The continued E/C drama.
    2) What happens with all the extra help?

I have always liked Adam; but not the ship. My fav is Jon/Ryan; so my concern lies there.

As you say it is only a show and I would't be watching if Jon were to leave or have his status reduced to a recurring/rotating/part-time role. He is too talented for that. Please do not flame me for my position on the matter.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  9. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I am pretty sure that Adam indicated in one of his earlier interviews that Eddie was not hired as a replacement for Eric. Eddie was hired in early summer before Adam's contract negotiations got really serious. We also don't know how Eddie's contract was negotiated. It could be that he was hired strictly for the L.A. theme which has carried through the entire season, with an open ended contract to see how his character took hold. Also, Omar was hired independently by Bruckheimer because they are friends. Omar apparently has a successful movie career and doesn't really need this TV series. Maybe he decided to try it out for a year to see if he enjoyed it. Also, I don't believe for a minute that Emily is a prima donna dictating how her character is being developed. She herself has indicated in interviews that that kind of attitude is not tolerated on the set. I am uncomfortable with the latest spoiler, however. It appears the writers have gone off the deep end with the Ghost Whisperer theme; however, they could also be pulling our leg. Could this be an April Fool's joke episode (wouldn't it be aired around that time)?

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you this Lu, but I for once do not admire a "professional" actor leaving the show for whatever reason it was who later comes back whining b/c his new show didn't go as expected. No way I'm gonna accept it :scream:

It is nothing personal against Adam Rodriguez!!!! The only way for him to proove himself as coherent and consistent person/actor was to leave the show for good after his 10 episodes.

So please do not come here claiming we're taking this personally!!! I know this is a fictional show, but I also know that there are lots of people who are far more professional than the one we are talking about (along with Jorja Fox who is the LV example for this crap) and don't even get the chance they deserve. No way I'm gonna accept an unprofessional actor to work on my fav. show

If you can accept bad qality on your fav. show just b/c you define yourself a fan of this show...good for you. But I, as a fan of the show and as a fan of talented and professional actors, cannot do it.

I don't even wanna know what Rory Cochrane's fans are going to think about this stuff 'cause, IMHO, this is just insulting towards them. Rory has never been given the opportunity to come back and, above all, he has never come back whining because his career didn't go as he had expected!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  11. slower

slower Lab Technician

That would be a pretty funny if it were just a joke. But, I too am a little uncomfortable with that spoiler; we'll just have to wait and see. I hope itis done well. We have already had someone cut in half, another fell from the sky, and yet another stuffed into the toilet in an airplane; why not a ghost. Is there a pattern with this season or what? It is getting a little like the "Twilight Zone". :guffaw:

As far as Eddie is concerned; I hadn't realized that about his contract. I would like to see Omar stay; he interacts with Jon so well. There lighthearted moments have on more than one occasion gave me a good laugh. :thumbsup:

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Well, they are certainly trying out some more unusual ideas this season! As I said earlier Im not convinced they can pull of the ghost thing, but you never know.

With the Adam thing- In one way im glad that Eric is coming back. And I do think, from the scene they had together the other week that he and Jesse would work well together. It is just the screen time that is the problem, and that is what is annoying people about his return. Nobody wants to see their favourite character for less time.

But Adam has made a choice, maybe realised that he missed everyone on the cast and crew, which is understandable when you have worked somewhere so long. So I respect his change of heart, and im glad that TPTB didnt do what they did to Rory, and gave him the chance to come back. So whatever I think about his return, I dont think there is any need to take this out on Adam.

13. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

This board is hotting up!

I thinks it's important to consider that it's not necessarily ranting just because someone doesn't agree with you. "I LOVE ERIC DELKO!!! <3<3<3" is no better than someone explaining how they don't like Eric Delko.
    ;)

Just my two cents on that.

Also, I am apathetic as to Eric returning. The E/C drama is consuming too much from the show nowadays and I'm too tired of it to really care anymore! Ryan seems to be a chameleon they shape to fit any role that needs filling at the moment, and Jesse? Meh. TPTB are professionals, I leave it up to them. I respect them, I am just skeptical as to their work lately. :(

14. Lady I

Lady I Hit and Run

Flo I totally agree with you, I wonder how is it possible for Adam to come back and be accepted.
    This means they have different measures. Rory was almost kicked in the ass for much less and, being a Tim's fan, I hate this new turn of the events. Plus I find it disgusting for the rest of the cast, I mean Rodriguez said the plotlines weren't the best and he wanted to play something else. Now that UB failed, do we have to hug him back? :rolleyes:
    Saying he didn't like the storylines (still he goes on playing them) he disrespected the show and his collegues' job.
    No I cannot accept his return with anyone else leaving the show!

And I've also read 8x20 spoiler. Please, let's not repeat another disaster like Man Down... I'm sorry to say this, but I really hope Calleigh dies in this episode also because I'm already disgusted because of 8x14 and I really don't want to have to watche any other bad scene in the futue. I watch CSI...not a bad soap opera :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, this storyline has transformed CSI into a poor soap opera
    where's H? Where is the rest of the team? :confused::confused:
    This really annoys me: seeing actors like him getting whatever they want, while lots of other actors struggle to have a role...even the worst one
    I know lots of them but I won't write down the list, 'cause it would be long and I don't want anyone to die of boredom.

15. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

While I don't condone his actions (although we don't know what happened behind closed doors), I for one am glad to have Delko back... after all he's a series original, and the more the merrier.

...it's interesting that TPTB say that Calleigh and Delko will make a decision on their relationship that will affect the rest of the series..." - not season... With Delko coming back, do they decide to end their relationship so they can work on the same team?... Or does Calleigh or Delko switch to nightshift or a different department?

Is there word on whether Procter signed a contract for season 9?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.