**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I think it's totally possible to keep Jesse around even with Adam returning. Maybe TPTB could go back to Case As and Case Bs to even out the playing field with regards to screentime? It's not impossible to distribute the characters somewhat reasonably. They could put Jesse, Horatio and Natalia on one case and then Delko, Ryan and Walter on another (as I'm not sure what Calleigh's fate will ultimately be, going by Emily's interviews).

That being said, I know some fans (not necessarily here) won't be happy with the amount of actors on the show now - and even before - because their favourites might not get as much face time...well my favourite has been dead for 5 years so it could be worse, right? :lol: :p

I'm not the happiest that Adam is returning full time but I'm happy for those who will be/are happy.

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That is not going to happen,their screen time is going to hell.
    Emily will be there for season 9.
    Easy answer, they will put in unecessary crap. It's never been a nondramatic relationship,why would the writers and TPTB change that now?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Incorporating a state's attorney position into every single episode wouldn't be easy. I imagine his situation with having to spy on the team will make him quit working for the other side, & re-join the team.

Yes it is way too many CSIs though, & I don't like it at all. Someone's gonna need to hit the road. Most everyone here knows who I prefer to leave. ;)

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

With some sets of writers, it would be possible. The two case thing would be a good way to do it... but with this particular set of writers, I believe that for them its dang near impossible to give each character reasonable screentime. Sure they're doing better this season than last, but with an extra person there for Season 9 (if they do keep the new additions), is that going to continue or get bad again like past seasons? That's what worries me.

5. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

LMAO!!! I absolutely LOVE Adam and so glad of this news. I don't hate Jesse, I just don't really care for him too much. I hope they put Jesse on recurring status now. I wonder how they will incorporate Delko back into the show. It did seem like Delko and Jesse got along pretty well on the last episode. I would like to see where the E/C relationship goes.

6. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

Even if they got rid of Adam and Eric and Calleigh were no more, the show would probably be all focused on Jesse anyway. I think the problem is the writers actually writing good story lines and giving everyone equal attention.

7. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

One of the leads have to go. Already Walter is an addition to the 5+1 (ME) casts. They can never accommodate any additional cast, not to mention obvious screen time issues but I don't think CBS is willing to pay the salary of that extra lead when the show doesn't need an extra member at all. Unless CBS is making huge profits, also a payment to one lead can be payment to several unemployed people.

8. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

I feel like this thread is turning into something much bigger than it need be... there is a lot of speculation going on, and heated discussions stemming from SPECULATION... I understand we're all going through CSI miami withdrawal... but take a step back , and think about what you are reading and/or commenting before doing so... lets try to stay calm, rational and productive!

9. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

if this is a spoilers thread, why do people have to use the little hidden spoilers thing (just asking, because it doesn't work properly for me...maybe cause I'm on a mac?)... but I'm seriously curious...

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Yeah, Safari seems to have some issues with the spoiler code. I don't know if anyone's looked into it but it's a known problem. Some may have wished to use them but spoiler codes aren't required in this thread. :) They [spoilers] can flow freely here.

Also, just wanted to let you know that you have up to 24 hours to edit your post if you wish to add another thought as opposed to double posting. :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  11. csi681

csi681 Hit and Run

i really would like more spoilers on the eric/calleigh episode

12. electra

electra Pathologist

I was sort of expecting Adam coming back but to hear confirmation is amazing.IMO Jesse will leave becouse he is here to replace Eric and you can not have 2.I also think that The balance of screentime does not depend on how much E/C is on,mainly how much they want to develop the rest of the cast.It could have been done this season but instead we have not one but two new CSI.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Actually,the screentime started to improve.It didn't start out great,but it was getting better in the later episodes.The writers were just focused on getting Jesse into the show,and then things settled down .Natalia was getting a story(for once) and Ryan had some nice scenes.There was more of a team feel,so yeah a lot of what we were missing was because of E/C. The chances have decreased greatly for any more improvement because the focus will shift back to where it was last season,which is too bad because there were strides being made toward improvements in several areas.

14. electra

electra Pathologist

If that is the case ,I stand corrected.I have watched very few episodes these season and I have not seen Natalia and almost missed Ryan so that was my impression.The few times I came here most were complainign about Jesse screentime.But I still do not understand why they need to bring TWO new characters when they have underused ones.It looks from an outsider perspective like if they do not have faith in the remaining cast.

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Even if TPTB had faith or not,the remaining cast proved they were up to the task this season, and worked well with the new cast members and did a great job.I liked this season and think it's too bad it has to change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.