**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slower

slower Lab Technician

I had read someplace else (can't remember where;its been months ago) that Emily and Eva both were trying to get him reinstated (so to speak). Forgive me for not remembering where. From now on I will bring it up immediately (as not to forget).:)

As far as the E/C act; just read the board. Not to mention all the fans screaming about his fulltime return; the continuation of the E/C drama and some fans wanting to keep both Adam and EC. This whole situation has overshadowed the season. Esp. with the will they or won't they; get married, have a baby; make everyone sick in the process. I call it the Calleigh/Eric fiasco. :rolleyes::brickwall::rolleyes::brickwall: I realize he has only been in a few epi.; but I prefer he not be there at all, b/c when he is everyone else suffers on screentime.

As far as having proof that they are in control; I don't think they have complete control (as you say); but they sure can influence or sway people. Adam has tweeted before; telling the fans if they want his return to write CBS. I am not saying anything that hasn't been out there for awhile. This whole thing has gotten out of control. IMO the actors themselves are not activly participating; but they fueled the already raging fire. It doesn't help the situation any when Adam tweets and leaves some of his fans to speculate on the situation.

Bottom line is Miami has too may actors to accomodate all of them without having to sacrifice someone permemantly or placing one on recurring status. I don't beleive Jon is that person. However, like some have mentioned TPTB will do what they want.:( And yes we have considered a petition for Jon's increased screentime.

Most of the time I read these posts and do not respond; but the speculation on Jon being the scrificial lamb because of his legal issue, should not even enter into this discussion. He is not as well known as some others who have been in trouble, but he is a big part of the series and would take a huge amount of fans with him; if he were to leave.

With that being said; I don't want to offend anyone. :)

2. TanyaWolfe

TanyaWolfe Rookie

Well, seems like the decision has been made! Here's what Adam just tweeted...

amaticrodriguez Twit Fam, I have some news that I hope will make CSI:Miami fans happy. Eric Delko will be back to the show full time 4 all of season 9!!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  3. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Oh man...

First off, I don't want anyone to think that Ryan *is* going to get toasted. That was just something I was hypothesizing and based on pass events where actors get punted for stuff that happens with them and the law and such. I apologize if I mislead anyone especially Togo/Wolfe fans.

4. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Oh yeah, I don't want Jon to leave either. I love Ryan, and as much as I like E/C, I want him to have more screen time.

FYI, I'm not offended, but I appreciate your concern. It's not my intention to offend anyone either, so I apologize if anything I wrote was offensive to you or others.

And this board will explode in 3, 2, 1...

5. slower

slower Lab Technician

Oh brother!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: This can't end good for someone.:(

Thank you CSI-AJ for clearing that up. I am a huge Togo fan and he deserves better treatment.

6. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Nah. I think pretty much everyone expected he'd be back full time. He doesn't have any reason not to come back and I'm sure that both he and CBS went into the negotiations this time with much more realistic expectations.

I think you can tell from what's been written that nobody expects anything to change in season 9.

7. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Hey, I'm not ashamed to admit that I was screaming like a 12-year-old fangirl when I read this news. [​IMG] (And, believe me, it's been many, many years since I was twelve!:guffaw:) This is a totally thrilling announcement for me and the numerous other Adam Rodriguez fans (and casual viewers) who've felt like the show's been missing something ever since he stopped being a full-time member of the cast. I know I'm not alone (far from it!) when I say that I'm excited that he'll be completely back on board for Season 9. [​IMG]

That said, I too am predicting that this forum is going to be on fire at this news. I only hope that people keep things polite and respectful. :) Emotions on both sides of this issue are understandably high; and I'd hate to see things get out of hand.

8. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Okay all you Adam Rod fans! Adam Rodriguez just posted this on his Twitter page:

I know I've said it many times but once again, thank u all for your constant support!!! I hope you're all excited about this news!!!

Twit Fam, I have some news that I hope will make CSI:Miami fans happy. Eric Delko will be back to the show full time 4 all of season 9!!!

YEAH!!! We are going to see some more Delko!!! I am so thrilled! I love me some Delko and I am so glad that he has decided to return full time. So, maybe they will keep the Calleigh/Eric relationship going!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm not surprised of this news.
    I now foresee a finale with Jesse trying to kill Natalia & then Horatio's forced to blow his head off. :rolleyes:

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

At least that would be different.
    I'm not happy about AR's return.A recurring status for him would have suited the E/C story better.

11. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I can kind of see that. I like E/C, but one of my first thoughts upon hearing the news was "If he's on full time, will they get bored with having the two of them in a functional, nondramatic relationship (which I hope it will be eventually) and put in unnecessary crap or break them up?"

It'll be interesting to see how they put Adam back in full time. Will he go back to being a CSI? Or will he continue to work for the state's attorney? For selfish reasons (I want E/C to continue to be a couple), I hope he doesn't resume his old job so IAB doesn't provide a hinderance for his relationship with Calleigh. Plus, there are enough CSIs right now, perhaps too many. The only way I would like him to go back to being a CSI is if another CSI left (preferably Jesse).

Time to sit back and enjoy the ride.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Honestly, I've had the feeling he'd return full time as soon as I heard about UB being cancelled, so I'm not surprised. I still wonder about Emily's status though given the recent spoilers. I kind of get the feeling that Jesse may not be staying in Miami now. I think he'll capture his wife's killer (who is going to be played by Paul Blackthorne from Dresden Files- love him!) and then go back to L.A. I don't see a way they can keep both him and Eric... unless Calleigh leaves/dies and Jesse is replacing her. I don't know at this point... but I'm a bit nervous. :lol:

Silentdisco, I kind of agree with you about him keeping his job with the DA's office. They really do have too many CSIs with the added additions of both Jesse and Walter. And unless Jesse goes back to LA or Walter back to nightshift, I just can't see them fitting Eric in the CSIs anymore. Unless they're gonna do a two shifts thing, which I doubt. So either Eric's not gonna be a CSI anymore or Jesse/Walter is leaving (most likely Jesse because Walter's added some very much needed humor to the show lol).

13. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

I like the idea of Adam coming on every once and awhile. I actually prefer that.

14. slower

slower Lab Technician

I concur; I am not thrilled about this at all. Not that AR is returning; but that whole E/C relationship once again. :rolleyes: My gag reflexes have started already and I'm not even watching them.

I also beleive that TPTBs continuity issue is going to rear its ugly head once again and forget about departmental policy on fratinization (sp?) with a coworker. It will be H to the rescue - you don't need to worry about this or whatever he says; and then we don't know what strings he pulls. So here we go again with the rules apply to everyone else but these two.

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well even if I were one of his fans, I wouldn't be happy to know that right after his show ("Ugly Betty") was cancelled (btw what a coincidence :rolleyes:) Adam started to think about coming back to this show :rolleyes:.
    But then again, I wasn't expecting anything else from him and TPTB. So I'm gonna say thank you for advising me 'cause I'm sure 100% I won't be watching s9 :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.